PDA

View Full Version : Horses to avoid @ Anita Monday...

taxicab
01-20-2014, 05:24 AM
I'll probably put each and every one of them in the winners circle, but here goes.....

1) Amulay (9-5) Sharp as a tack.....right?
Carava claims her three weeks ago and she doesn't have a listed work since.
When they claim them, I always like to see at least one work if they don't bring em back within two weeks or so.

5) Half Dome Dude ( 9-2, lower than that @ post time ) The classic "claim me" bullet work{ 58 flat } in tow here. Why is Sierra blazing up this cheap claimer he just took from Hess in the a.m.......damaged goods?

6) Koast (4-1, might go favored) I know this field isn't much, but this horse looked crummy at the 1/8th pole in his last. Sadler would be thrilled to lose this horse via the claim box tomorrow.
6) Dixieland Blues (4-1) Vanned off two back, had dead aim on the leaders in his last.....just had no interest in sealing the deal.

7) Yana ( 3-1, might go off @ 3-2 ) Looked like a rocking horse at 1-5 nearing the 1/16th in her last. Just a terrible way of traveling near the wire.

8) Bro's Bro (9-2) Got a ridiculously easy trip up front in his last and couldn't cash in.....no heart.

HUSKER55
01-20-2014, 05:35 AM
that happens to me more often than I would like. I say, "If I lose I lose but I am not betting that horse".

Got bit twice yesteday........damn it!

:D

lamboguy
01-20-2014, 08:19 AM
I'll probably put each and every one of them in the winners circle, but here goes.....

When they claim them, I always like to see at least one work if they don't bring em back within two weeks or so.

5) Half Dome Dude ( 9-2, lower than that @ post time ) The classic "claim me" bullet work{ 58 flat } in tow here. Why is Sierra blazing up this cheap claimer he just took from Hess in the a.m.......damaged goods?

6) Koast (4-1, might go favored) I know this field isn't much, but this horse looked crummy at the 1/8th pole in his last. Sadler would be thrilled to lose this horse via the claim box tomorrow.
6) Dixieland Blues (4-1) Vanned off two back, had dead aim on the leaders in his last.....just had no interest in sealing the deal.

7) Yana ( 3-1, might go off @ 3-2 ) Looked like a rocking horse at 1-5 nearing the 1/16th in her last. Just a terrible way of traveling near the wire.

8) Bro's Bro (9-2) Got a ridiculously easy trip up front in his last and couldn't cash in.....no heart.this is absolutely great

in the first race i agree

in race 5 i am going to eliminate #3 SENATOR BOB, i think that horse likes to run the start of the race from the outside

in race 8 i totally agree with BRO'S BRO

in race 9 #9 KATY'S PLUM comes out of a weak race 7 months ago. this race today looks better and the guy that owns that horse is not shy in front of mutuel windows. but i know the horse might improve with the second start. just not a good risk reward proposition.

i really love that the above poster started this thread, its about the most useful piece on handicapping that i have seen on this board. its probably the strongest information that one can gain from past races.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 08:28 AM

8) Bro's Bro (9-2) Got a ridiculously easy trip up front in his last and couldn't cash in.....no heart.

Agree with lambo, great post.

jk3521
01-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Yeah,
This is what this board should be doing instead of griping about stuff that we can't change. It is what it is, let's work with what we have !

Just my 2 cents.

Pensacola Pete
01-20-2014, 01:26 PM
5) Half Dome Dude ( 9-2, lower than that @ post time ) The classic "claim me" bullet work{ 58 flat } in tow here.

I'm seeing a 59-1 work, and who knows how accurate that is? Doubt it's a for-sale sign, or he wouldn't have raised him to $12,500. I agree with the rest.

GMB@BP
01-20-2014, 02:21 PM
I cant figure Yana out, I agree she looked pretty poor visiually but the race came up fast, faster than any of these have really run. 3/1 is a goofy ML though, she is much closer to 8/5 in this spot.

Stillriledup
01-20-2014, 02:54 PM

Great writeup Cabber! :ThmbUp:

To add to your list: Amulay didnt switch leads in the stretch in both her recent SA wins (she switched properly at Hollywood). She is a game horse who seems to have lots of try in her, but this is a bit better race and at 9-5 ML, i dont see much value in betting her...esp since she gets a 'negative' trainer change.

To add to Half Dome Dude, he was "getting out" a hair at the top of the lane last time for what that's worth.

dasch
01-20-2014, 02:56 PM
I cant figure Yana out, I agree she looked pretty poor visiually but the race came up fast, faster than any of these have really run. 3/1 is a goofy ML though, she is much closer to 8/5 in this spot.

Last time she ran she broke out 3 paths, chased a fast pace, took over clear and then was beaten by a horse that got a perfect trip while being almost last and no part of the fast pace. Of course she looked bad in the stretch, she was exhausted. She was still 5 clear in 2nd place. Mike Smith only rides the best horses for Spawr and he even shortens her up today so if the same situation happens she will still win.

Morning line is way off though her odds will be closer to even money or 4-5 and maybe even 3-5

Stillriledup
01-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Adding notes and some opinions:
Race 1: Gittel LOVES SA main track and she has talent, doesnt look "Sharp" on paper, but her best career races have been at SA Main.

Race 3. This San Onofre is a star looking type of horse, if i owned him i wouldnt bring him back this soon, but he's really freaking looking, could be any kind of horse. The Rail horse Omega Star beat SO on Dec 31, 2012 and looked really sensational doing so...but, hasnt lived up to that smashing maiden win, maybe the blinkers will help.

Race 4: Zuboff, i thought he was going to win last time, i thought Martin would take him to the front and he would never look back...for one reason or another, he just never lifted his feet, but if he goes back to 2 back, he could be strong here. First time conventional dirt for this guy today.

Race 6, i believe the 2 horse Distort This is 2nd time gelding. (not an endorsement either way)

Race 7, Cause Ur MY Babe was much better than looked last time as FTL. She really showed some talent in there, i'm expecting an improvement with big jock change and 2nd off layoff.

dasch
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM

When they claim them, I always like to see at least one work if they don't bring em back within two weeks or so

I would agree that this can be a negative but depending on the barn. Carava has done this successfully many times. If he has a race in mind about 3 weeks out he many times will not work the horse, especially the cheaper ones.

GMB@BP
01-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Last time she ran she broke out 3 paths, chased a fast pace, took over clear and then was beaten by a horse that got a perfect trip while being almost last and no part of the fast pace. Of course she looked bad in the stretch, she was exhausted. She was still 5 clear in 2nd place. Mike Smith only rides the best horses for Spawr and he even shortens her up today so if the same situation happens she will still win.

Morning line is way off though her odds will be closer to even money or 4-5 and maybe even 3-5

agree

speaking of morning lines, is it me or have they been way way off so far at SA, is Jon White still making them?

dasch
01-20-2014, 03:24 PM
agree

speaking of morning lines, is it me or have they been way way off so far at SA, is Jon White still making them?

Its still him. He is inconsistent to say the least. Doubt that will ever change.

GMB@BP
01-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Amulay was solid but the pace was slow, game win.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 03:36 PM
I'll just add that win or lose you guys put in a great effort.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Race #5 - Doesn't the #9 get a great trip from there? The 1,2 and 3 are a little faster but not by much.

dasch
01-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Race #5 - Doesn't the #9 get a great trip from there? The 1,2 and 3 are a little faster but not by much.

He will get a decent trip. My only question is will he hold form going from Bonde to Diodoro. Most of the time that answer will be no.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 04:05 PM
He will get a decent trip. My only question is will he hold form going from Bonde to Diodoro. Most of the time that answer will be no.

Good point. Had a not so good work under new trainer.

GMB@BP
01-20-2014, 04:15 PM
I know San Onofre is uber talented but coming off two straight slow paces and now faces better, the scratch of the 7 hurts but at the price differences prefer Protocal.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 04:25 PM
I thought Got Even was the other horse - 7f being a question.

dasch
01-20-2014, 04:26 PM
I know San Onofre is uber talented but coming off two straight slow paces and now faces better, the scratch of the 7 hurts but at the price differences prefer Protocal.

I agree. 2nd and 3rd placers in his last race are the equivalent of about 16k claimers. He has a lot still to prove NO WAY is 1-5 acceptable.

dasch
01-20-2014, 04:28 PM
I thought Got Even was the other horse - 7f being a question.

If this race was 6f I would love him today. I still think he can win but the 7f is a concern.

GMB@BP
01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Nice horse, wonder why the kid glove treatement, headley is not afraid to go right to stakes with the good ones.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
If this race was 6f I would love him today. I still think he can win but the 7f is a concern.
Yep. Edwin didn't want to really open up with him b/c of the distance.

lamboguy
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
SAN ONOFRE ran huge, the $129,000 in the show pools saved me, i bet Miller to show instead of win!

dasch
01-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Yep. Edwin didn't want to really open up with him b/c of the distance.

Yeah his weapon is his raw speed and they really couldnt use it today. I would have loved to see the same field run at 6f.

That said the winner was really impressive.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm looking for a single in the last and there's a horse named "Singleinthelast" who as a shot.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 05:04 PM
I had a play but the 7th is too much of a spread.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
I had a play but the 7th is too much of a spread.

The play did not include the #1.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 05:50 PM
SAN ONOFRE ran huge, the $129,000 in the show pools saved me, i bet Miller to show instead of win!

I see the pools now, I didn't notice before. Your play was to cash big if the favorite ran out and to make some money if the favorite ran?

lamboguy
01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
I see the pools now, I didn't notice before. Your play was to cash big if the favorite ran out and to make some money if the favorite ran?i loved the 6 and was betting him to win, when i saw the money i bet it to show instead. if my horse was going to win, i figured that the other one would be chasing and tire out. he was just a monster today.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 06:30 PM
ok.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 06:36 PM
I wish I had a strong opinion in the 7th. I don't have the #3 that fast - certainly not as fast a Beyer had her in her first race.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Looks like 2 Million in p6 pool on Thurs.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 07:22 PM

Review:

1) Amulay - wins but only b/c the horses behind her were even deader than her. Is deader a word?

5) Half Dome Dude - Nowhere To Be Found

6) Koast - Vet Scratch

6) Dixieland Blues - Nowhere To Be Found

7) Yana - Nowhere To Be Found (even money). Need Hubble telescope to find her.

8) Bro's Bro - Nowhere to be found

Grade: A+

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Adding notes and some opinions:
Race 1: Gittel LOVES SA main track and she has talent, doesnt look "Sharp" on paper, but her best career races have been at SA Main.

Race 3. This San Onofre is a star looking type of horse, if i owned him i wouldnt bring him back this soon, but he's really freaking looking, could be any kind of horse. The Rail horse Omega Star beat SO on Dec 31, 2012 and looked really sensational doing so...but, hasnt lived up to that smashing maiden win, maybe the blinkers will help.

Race 4: Zuboff, i thought he was going to win last time, i thought Martin would take him to the front and he would never look back...for one reason or another, he just never lifted his feet, but if he goes back to 2 back, he could be strong here. First time conventional dirt for this guy today.

Race 6, i believe the 2 horse Distort This is 2nd time gelding. (not an endorsement either way)

Race 7, Cause Ur MY Babe was much better than looked last time as FTL. She really showed some talent in there, i'm expecting an improvement with big jock change and 2nd off layoff.

SRU right on target.

Omega Star did improve with blinkers (really just picked up the pieces behind the winner but did get second).

Cause Ur My Babe was much better than looked. Good call, ran into a firster.

Exotic1
01-20-2014, 07:45 PM
this is absolutely great

in race 5 i am going to eliminate #3 SENATOR BOB, i think that horse likes to run the start of the race from the outside

in race 9 #9 KATY'S PLUM comes out of a weak race 7 months ago. this race today looks better and the guy that owns that horse is not shy in front of mutuel windows. but i know the horse might improve with the second start. just not a good risk reward proposition.

i really love that the above poster started this thread, its about the most useful piece on handicapping that i have seen on this board. its probably the strongest information that one can gain from past races.

Review:

in race 5 i am going to eliminate #3 SENATOR BOB - Nowhere

in race 9 #9 KATY'S PLUM - Nowhere

Good work guys. I hope I helped in the 5th with the #9.

lamboguy
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
this is absolutely great

i really love that the above poster started this thread, its about the most useful piece on handicapping that i have seen on this board. its probably the strongest information that one can gain from past races.i was wrong on the first race, but all the others were bet and off the board.

Stillriledup
01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
SRU right on target.

Omega Star did improve with blinkers (really just picked up the pieces behind the winner but did get second).

Cause Ur My Babe was much better than looked. Good call, ran into a firster.

Thanks E1, appreciate the shoutout! :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
01-20-2014, 08:09 PM
good thread, i am going to participate in it again, and maybe do another one with Gulfstream. i should do the inner, but i don't really play it to much,

Midnight Cruiser
01-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Great work fellas. I wish I had noticed the thread before I singled Yana in the 7th!! Lets start a new one for the big carryover day on Thurs...