PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Joe gives Hillary a stealth smack down

Clocker
01-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Looks like Joe is warming up for a run in 2016. (http://washingtonexaminer.com/biden-john-kerry-most-energetic-and-committed-secretary-of-state-in-modern-history/article/2542408?custom_click=rss)

Vice President Joe Biden on Friday indicated that Secretary of State John Kerry was more energetic and committed in his position than anyone he had ever seen in modern history.

"John, thank you for your passion and perseverance and the incredible, incredible energy you've shown in representing American interests around the world," Biden said. "I have been here for — I have to admit — for eight presidents, and I have never seen a man or a woman with as much energy and commitment that you have shown. John, we thank you for that."

Saratoga_Mike
01-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Looks like Joe is warming up for a run in 2016. (http://washingtonexaminer.com/biden-john-kerry-most-energetic-and-committed-secretary-of-state-in-modern-history/article/2542408?custom_click=rss)

I'm not sure who is more delusional: Chris Christie or Joe Biden. Neither man will ever be elected president.

Moreover, this statement was a stupid tactical mistake. Why p*ss off the Clinton machine this early in the game?

fast4522
01-18-2014, 02:26 PM
"Joe Biden: John Kerry most energetic and committed secretary of state in modern history"

But would John Kerry have the same comments for Joe? Who is a idiot by comparison, and even Bullwinkle J. Moose would trounce uncle Joe.

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure who is more delusional: Chris Christie or Joe Biden. Neither man will ever be elected president.

Moreover, this statement was a stupid tactical mistake. Why p*ss off the Clinton machine this early in the game?Some said the same thing about Obama (and no, I'm not referring to his skin color as the reason).

Why exactly would you say neither will ever be elected president? Have you not seen what has been elected in the recent past? :lol:

As for Christie, why do you think he will never be elected? His weight? His "tell it like it is" reputation? Heaven forbid "bridge-gate" isn't the cause... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PhantomOnTour
01-18-2014, 02:57 PM
I don't know about Christie, but Biden is NOT the man for the job in 2016.
Dems will lose if he's their nominee....I think the Dems will lose anyway, no matter who is nominated, but Biden would get blown out.

Saratoga_Mike
01-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Some said the same thing about Obama (and no, I'm not referring to his skin color as the reason).

Why exactly would you say neither will ever be elected president? Have you not seen what has been elected in the recent past? :lol:

As for Christie, why do you think he will never be elected? His weight? His "tell it like it is" reputation? Heaven forbid "bridge-gate" isn't the cause... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obama, despite his baggage (e.g., Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers), was always considered a very attractive candidate (i.e., at least before he had a presidential record). I guess we just disagree on that point.

I don't care about CC's weight, but it isn't helpful. Image matters (advice to him: never walk around without a suit jacket on). BridgeGate hurts his brand, but at this point it isn't a deathblow. He just isn't a serious threat, contrary to what Ken Langone's (co-founder of Home Depot) horrible political instincts may say.

Passing the comfort test. There's a certain comfort threshold presidential candidates must meet to be elected president - he will NEVER pass this test. NEVER. He's too bombastic, caustic and abrupt. Some may claim he's refreshing and different (true, I find him entertaining at times), but these characteristics will ultimately disqualify him in the eyes of the American people. The comfort level always must be achieved, and Chris Christie will NEVER achieve it. He will be the Rudy of 2016.

Baggage. Oh there's plenty of baggage and skeletons in the closet. But he was elected gov of NJ, you might say? Irrelevant. He will be subjected to whole new level of scrutiny when he runs for president. See Romney camp interviews related to the veep vetting process for more on Christie baggage.

No path to the GOP nomination. Iowa - he absolutely doesn't play in Iowa. New Hampshire - there's some appeal in NH especially for cross-over voters, but I don't view NH as a great state for him. South Carolina - could he even win 15% of the vote in SC? Probably not. Florida - probably a good state for him. Why not just make a big bet on Florida? It can't miss....like I said: Rudy 2016.

Tom
01-18-2014, 04:41 PM
John Kerry energetic??????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been to funerals where the deceased showed more life and response!

JustRalph
01-18-2014, 05:18 PM
John Kerry energetic??????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been to funerals where the deceased showed more life and response!

I love that condom commercial he did

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/07/27/28snap_kerry_wideweb__430x309,1.jpg