PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Friday, January 17

Teach
01-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Race One:

:6: Silver Day gets my nod in this tough to handicap race. The gelding did win his last albeit on a sloppy track (any moisture would help) in this company. Trainer is good with claim repeaters.

Also: :2: Star of Sarava; :8: Smokin Candy; :7: Audies Champ.

Race Two:

:3: Ready To Rule is my pick in this maiden-claiming route. The Southern Halo-bred filly stretches out a couple panels; I believe she can handle the added furlongs. She was rallying her in last in this company. Trainer Mike Hushion’s very good with first race at a route.

Also: :2: Miss Red Cloud; :6: Alice and Trixie (sounds like “The Honeymooners”; now do I feel old); :1: Wraith.

Race Three

:5: Money Only is my lukewarm pick in this claiming sprint. Hard to quantify. Has faced better. Solid speed figure in his last. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for trainer Robert Barbara. Should be coming on in the stretch. Can not be too far back to mount winning charge, or it's "belatedly".

Also: :6: Winning Touch; :7: Dighton; :2: Schoolyard Dreams

Race Four:

:6: Sky Lassie was the beaten fave in this company a little over a month ago. Chance to make amends. Had been running in more competitive maiden-specials before her last start. Wilmer Garcia for Gary Contessa.

Also: :8: Fujiana; :2: Gingee, :7: Tropical Trouble

Race Five:

:7: Bernardo was the beaten favorite in his last about a month ago. Has hit the tote in five of his last six. Has the services of the “hot as a petardo,” Jose Ortiz. Solid speed figures.

Also: :2: Tizmas; :5: Inmyfathersimage; :4: Bedouin Now

Race Six:

:10: Pretty Nell is my off-the-wall, are you loco, longshot try in this maiden-claiming sprint. The horse ships in from Suffolk and is now trained by the capable Gary Contessa. There’s little on paper (DRF) that tells me this Gone West-bred filly can do it - except for one thing - Jan. 13: 35.2 breezing from the gate. That speaks volumes. Does it equate with a victory? No, obviously, that alone will not do it, but… I’m willing to take a chance.

Also: :7: Fashionation; :6: Longride to Wisdom; :2: Recovered

Race Seven:

:5: Street Lord just missed in his last. Any slight improvement would put this Street Cry-bred gelding in the thick of things. Chris DeCarlo for the very capable Charlton Baker. Baker’s very good with third starts off a layoff.

Also: 2 Iron Power; :4: Crafty Dreamer; :8: Groomed for Victory

Race Eight:

:4: Verdad has won four in a row; it’s hard to argue with that kind of winning skein. Should once again go off as the prohibitive chalk. Is this Yes It’s True-bred filly worth the likely paltry return? That’s the question all “punters” will have to decide for themselves.

Also: :6: Masasi; :1: Laguna Girl; :2: Exclusive Warrior

Race Nine:

:1: Make Me a Prophet gets my tepid nod in the finale, a claiming route for non-winners of two, lifetime. The Todd Pletcher-trained filly has the services of Irad Ortiz. Jr. The filly did break her maiden three races back at seven panels. In this relatively weak, non-descript field, this distaffer has as good a shot as any.

Also:

:10: Peggy Virginia, :4: Kate is a Ten, :2: Sheedbdwon

NYMess
01-17-2014, 11:23 AM
teach I agree with the 10 in the 6th. That work out put this horse on my watch list. Hope we can still get the price.

Good Luck