PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Millions Classic

magwell
01-17-2014, 09:19 AM
400 k dollar purse, without MMM its a 50 k claiming race at best, hard to believe there's no good fla. breds around to get some of this........:confused:

Beachbabe
01-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Barry Rose has two entered. Auto throwouts. He must be going for 5th & 6th place money, which is 20k combined. He may never experience that kind of payoff in one race again.

magwell
01-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Barry Rose has two entered. Auto throwouts. He must be going for 5th & 6th place money, which is 20k combined. He may never experience that kind of payoff in one race again. Yes, people want to rule guys off for winning to much , how about this guy for losing to much.....:)

HuggingTheRail
01-17-2014, 12:53 PM
what is the over/under on the show pool?

letswastemoney
01-17-2014, 07:53 PM
If Mucho Macho Man dumps his jockey, that could be a lot of money in the show pool that needs to be paid out.

Tom
01-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Mucho Macho Duck.... :sleeping:

Any luster had gained by winning the BC Classic, he loses by taking this embarrassing race. Is he afraid to face real stakes horses? Hey, maybe he is prepping for Finger Lakes in April.

andtheyreoff
01-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Mucho Macho Duck.... :sleeping:

Any luster had gained by winning the BC Classic, he loses by taking this embarrassing race. Is he afraid to face real stakes horses? Hey, maybe he is prepping for Finger Lakes in April.

Gotta agree with you here. If he had waited for the Donn and a re-match with Will Take Charge, that would've been huge, and a great way to begin the Fox Sports racing series. Where's the fun in watching him beat 3 claimers and 2 washed up stakes horses?

Knowclew
01-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Hard to blame the connections for running in what appears to be a
public workout with a $240,000 appearance fee.

Tom
01-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Of course they have the right to run him where they want to.
If easy money is their game, just remember that later on when they try to sell him as some sort of champion or HOY material. Kind of Like Larry Flint thinking he deserves a Pulitzer.

Thebigguy
01-17-2014, 11:37 PM

I think its pretty pathetic to run tomorrow, rather then the open company Donn.

Knowclew
01-18-2014, 12:01 AM
I think its pretty pathetic to run tomorrow, rather then the open company Donn.

I don't disagree, but if he really has it easy tomorrow, is it out of the question to run back in the Donn? It is 22 days between races....there was a time that doing this was a no brainer. Not so much nowadays, but I wouldn't rule
it out.

nijinski
01-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Barry Rose has two entered. Auto throwouts. He must be going for 5th & 6th place money, which is 20k combined. He may never experience that kind of payoff in one race again.

Squeezing Decaf Again .

NJ Stinks
01-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Mucho Macho Man ran in this race last year and lost at 2-5. Just thought somebody should mention this fact. (shrug)

burnsy
01-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Mucho Macho Man ran in this race last year and lost at 2-5. Just thought somebody should mention this fact. (shrug)

I hear you......That's probably why they take the easier race. The horse is probably not even at peak condition, its a big purse with lower risk and if hes going to race a full campaign...which is not too often for this horse, they always pick his spots and lightly race him....why not ease him into it? Hes already proven this is not his favorite track. A "flubber" is not out of the question here if the past is any indication. Take the easier race, i'm sure the goal is bigger things later.

magwell
01-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Mucho Macho Man ran in this race last year and lost at 2-5. Just thought somebody should mention this fact. (shrug) The track will be fast today, last year it was a sea of slop...........

burnsy
01-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Some of the same people complaining about it....are the ones that tell people how "great" Game on dude is because his races somehow are grade ones...proving the farce that is altogether and he does this 11 months a year.....:rolleyes:

Thebigguy
01-18-2014, 09:32 AM
I don't disagree, but if he really has it easy tomorrow, is it out of the question to run back in the Donn? It is 22 days between races....there was a time that doing this was a no brainer. Not so much nowadays, but I wouldn't rule
it out.

It shouldn't be out of the question, but I'm sure it is.
It would make sense though especially if he just gallops around the track today. Give him the two races in three weeks then point him to a big summer/fall campaign.

classhandicapper
01-18-2014, 11:36 AM

Yep.

The idea is not to peak in January. It's to peak in late October/early November.

If you want to do that, then a few easy spots and decent spacing or a break mid season improves the probability of getting to the BC sound, fresh, and ready to fire your "A" race. Kathy Ritvo has done a fabulous job 2 years in a row. This is great starting point for 2014. He should beat this field at 85%.

Fingal
01-18-2014, 11:49 AM

Let MMM have has paid workout, someone is going to get 2nd place & that 80K. That's something most of the others will never see in a single race.

moneyandland
01-18-2014, 05:27 PM

or 2nd and 3rd for 120K lol

Beachbabe
01-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Yep, Rose flips me the bird. Nice going Barry. :faint:

Tom
01-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Well we could have saved a lot of time and just declared him HOY for 2014 last night at the awards show. After that scintillating power performance, why wait?