PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Gulfstream

appistappis
01-16-2014, 08:48 PM
going next week to get out of the winter, anyone got any tips on eating, the track etc???

PIC6SIX
01-16-2014, 09:04 PM
There is a restaurant named Nick's across from GP on Hallandale Bl. It is meat and potatoes type and food is decent and ample servings. Also, pictures from the track are on walls. Owner used to own horses I believe.

speed
01-16-2014, 10:00 PM
What price range are u looking for? Nicks is west of GP on Hallandale. Turn left onto Hallandale from GP and Nicks is on the right just before the railroad tracks.

appistappis
01-16-2014, 10:50 PM
price isn't an issue (unless its all chalk) just looking for some good places.

speed
01-17-2014, 08:16 AM
There are many solid choices in the area. Guessing you are staying in the area. Head 2 or 3 miles south of GP on US 1 and there is Mortons steak house. Expensive but very good. Next to Mortons is PF Changs, a chinese bistro as they call it. Good food and good prices. Bella Luna is in the Aventura mall which you pass while on US 1 heading to Mortons. Many many other places within 20 minutes. There is a small hidden italian place near Dania Jai about 15 minutes from GP. North on US 1 to Dania beach Blvd then left and it is close to there but the name escapes me. Will think of it later hopefully. Avoid the Italian place across from Mardi Gras dog track on US 1. GP itself has some restaurants that are likely good but i haven't been to. Fantastic area for food. Carpaccio is in the Bal Harbor mall 125 street close to the water. 30 minutes from GP. Always had good meals there. You are also about 35 minutes from South beach. Great food and night life. Joes stone crab in South beach. Expensive but great seafood. Capital Grille, The Palms both excellent. So many in South Florida. Enjoy and have a great time.

speed
01-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Forgot what is 1 of the best. The Forge on 41 street near the water. Think it's 41 st.

lamboguy
01-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Forgot what is 1 of the best. The Forge on 41 street near the water. Think it's 41 st.i have their wine book from 35 years ago. it is 214 pages. they had a bottle of Chateau Lafite that went for $100,000 a pop back then.

onefast99
01-17-2014, 12:53 PM
The area is loaded with great eateries. If you are looking for the best stone crabs head down to Joes Stone crabs 11 washington Avenue Miami beach(reservations are a must). But right next to the track is some very good places Christine lees and the yardhouse are just two of them located in the Village. One of the top Florida steakhouses is located in Ft lauderdale it is called Steak 954 it is similiar to Hollywood Prime at the Diplomat Hotel except lighter on the wallet! Enjoy your food!

appistappis
01-19-2014, 01:49 AM
thanks guys, lots of suggestions here.

OTM Al
01-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Just ate at Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar. Which is just across the way from the paddock. It was excellent. Kind of a Cuban-Brazillian fusion. There are chef's suggestions on the menu and they were not misleading. I've also eaten at Christine Lee's and that is very good too. Trying to stay awake to watch the game.....

TravisVOX
01-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Le Tub. Order the burger. Trust me.

Shemp Howard
01-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Pumpernick's right across the street.

All the jockey agents and big bettors hang there.