PDA

View Full Version : "Mr Trifecta" Book

sq764
04-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Anyone ever read the book Mr TRIFECTA?

Was curious if it was worth the read/buy..

I am looking for a decent book on structuring wagers..

Zaf
04-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Didn't read that one, but Jim Lehane has much information on this in his Book Calibration Handicapping, and the archived newsletters on his website. Excellent handicapper, excellent information.

http://www.free-horseracing-info.com/

ZAFONIC

timtam
04-03-2004, 08:38 AM
I think the book Mr Trifecta is written by a pianist or musician who frequents the fancy off track wagering facility in Philadelphia and while the patrons there are burning the midnight oil making figures while he's tickling the ivories and getting a better bottom line than they are. The whole gist of the book is watching the daily double / pick three pools and looking for drop downs from the morning line. He advocates the 3-4-or 5 horse box bet so there really isn't much to bet structuring. He has a few other rules he tosses in like only playing races with 8 or more runners and he also suggests checking the early flashes to verify if the bet down horses are getting play from the 'insiders'. I actually went to the otb with only a sheet of paper and a calculator and did hit a few mid-range triple boxes the day after I got the book but quickly took the winnings and ran because I think the longer you play the deeper in debt you would become. Its a simple method we've all seen before disquised in the form of a paperback book which does give creedence to maybe this is legit but for my grading system its maybe a 4 on a 10 point high scale. Like the old Dot system if you play it and you hit a big winner its great but I dont think it would stand the test of time. Not when your playing $24-$60 a pop.

GameTheory
04-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Tomcat's "Exotic Wagering Formulas" has been oft-recommended, although I haven't actually read it...

CamptownRaces.com
04-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Before you go and buy a book to structure your wagers, take a look at the FREE Exotic Wagering Guide.

You can get a free copy by sending a SASE to the address on the webpage below.

http://www.horseracing-selections.com/camptown.html

The guide is for structuring and costs for many different types of exotic wagers. (almost all of them)

Anyway, thought you might want to look at a free book before you went looking to buy one.

Charles

DealMe3
04-12-2004, 10:29 AM
I bought it a while back off of Amazon. I didn't have too much luck with the book. It's put to good use beneath my desk's leg, and stopped it from wobbling.

Tom
04-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DealMe3
I bought it a while back off of Amazon. I didn't have too much luck with the book. It's put to good use beneath my desk's leg, and stopped it from wobbling.

You see, every handicapping book has some good use! LOL