PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Thursday, January 16

Teach
01-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Race One:

:3: Foxbeau went off the fave against much better in her last (she finished third). Chance to make amends against weaker. Solid recent morning work-tab. David Cohen for David Jacobson. Jacobson’s good with beaten favorites.

Also: :6: Front Cover Dream (my off-the-wall long-shot try); :1: Possetivevibration; :5: Margaret Ownzit.

Race Two:

:3: Dowager gets my nod in this maiden-special route. Disappointed as the prohibitive fave in her last - that was ten months ago. Morning works signal she should be ready. The red-hot Kiaran McLaughlin trains. First-time Lasix.

Also: :6: Di Lissa (as I recall, it’s an island in the Adriatic Sea) was steadied early in her last against weaker; a clean trip should put in her contention. Her breeding suggests she should get the distance (I’m writing her up because I think she has a solid chance if my top pick falters).

Also: :2: Star Empress; :5: Lyrical Diva.

Race Three:

:2: Palace (“The Chalice with The Palace is the brew that is true.” Danny Kaye, “The Court Jester”) is my pick here. This horse had won three in a row, including the Grade III Fall Highweight, until finishing second last time in The Gravesend. Sure looks like the horse here.

Also: :6: Moonlight Song; :3: Bug Juice (haven’t heard that terminology since I was going to over-night camp nearly sixty years ago); :1: Night Maneuver.

Race Four:

:8: Risk Management is my choice here, Has faced better. Dropping down. Solid jockey. Solid trainer (Is this going to be Linda Rice’s day?) Third start off a layoff. Cornelio Velasquez has to stalk, not duel (tallo, no duelo!).

Also: :2: Grahamandwithers; :6: Summer Sands; :5: Fake Dreams

Race Five:

:3: She’s Gosphel has hit the board in last two; should go off the fave. Bobbled at the break in her last (finished third). Any kinda trip. C.C. Lopez in the irons for trainer Gary Gullo,.

Also: :2: Guyana Star; :1: First Penny; :6: Rain Forest

Race Six:

:1: Hey Kiddo (“Kiddo Hello“- a line from from movie “David and Lisa” has been the bridesmaid in her last four. Is today the day she get hitched? - call the photographer. Fits well in this company; will need to circle. The red-hot Puerto Rican patrino, Jose Ortiz, is in the irons for trainer David Duggan.

Also: :2: Cinnamonjellybean; :3: Biddy Martin; :6: William’sluckygray.

Race Seven:

:7: Royal Suspicion has been razor sharp. The last time the mare finished out of the money I was at my son’s place for a family cookout. Trainer Jim Ryerson’s having a very good meet. The mare should appreciate the slight turn-back,

Also: :2: House on Toilsome; 9 Opalite; :4: Violet Hour.

Race Eight:

:6: Talent n Passion is a longshot try. Hot jockey, Taylor Rice. Solid in-the-money credentials.

Also: :3: The Magic Stone; :1: Little Rocket; :8: E Z Passer

Race Nine:

:9: Private Irving A is a hunch play; beaten favorite. Might just wake up and make amends

Also: :1: Nail It; :6: Madison V.; :2: Keyaly