PDA

View Full Version : We are two different countries

JustRalph
01-15-2014, 03:11 PM
http://tbo.com/list/columns-tjackson/jackson-gun-owner-unarmed-unwelcome-in-maryland-20140112/

You can't even drive through blue states with a CCW on file

The fact that this happen in MD doesn't surprise me at all.

PaceAdvantage
01-15-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm sure this story brings tears of joy to some on here...especially our resident detective....

Tom
01-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Sue for harassment.
And seeing how the cop was alone, lie about what he said - he is a dirt bag, nothing more, and needs to have his liberal ass kicked in court.

TJDave
01-15-2014, 04:15 PM
As a CC permit holder in a state which is not my primary residence this story has me more than a bit concerned.

LottaKash
01-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Amerikans had better get used to it....This is only practice....What's ahead in the "very" near future, hasn't even really begun yet, imo...

JustRalph
01-15-2014, 04:40 PM
My understanding is that in many states your CCW permit is tied with your DMV record. I know it to be a fact. I was NCIC certified until recently and while working as a dispatcher in NC I could pull that info up when running a out of state DMV check. But it all depended on the state. I have made a few inquiries in the last hour and have received info that this is still true.

I have also been informed that a majority of states do not share that info with NCIC. But just a DMV check from a state that reveals the info would allow the officer to know of a CCW. You have to make a request to get it In states that don't provide it with a DMV check. Florida is a state that does not share it via computer with out of state DMV checks. I have been told by one source that Florida law states it won't be shared without a special request. I have yet to verify that.

I also have another theory. The Cop was fishing. When he told the wife " your husband owns a gun" he really didn't know that. But that does establish the fact that his possible real reason he stopped them was he somehow found out he had a CCW? Either way it establishes his real motive. Gun hunting, out of state motorists as the target.

I would sue and subpoena the records for every stop he has made/run through the computer etc over the last two years. Start contacting those parties and find out if gun hunting targeting out of state drivers is a regular activity. Then under oath find out from him who directed this activity. I would bet it comes through his chain of command. The next time somebody screams about a gun registry. Think about this guy and his family.

We are two countries..........

Tape Reader
01-15-2014, 05:21 PM
His wife is a dingbat. He should buy her a cell phone, send her off to a movie, and tell her to call him when she gets there.

PhantomOnTour
01-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Wow - was that story written with a slant or what?
Glad they mentioned that his wife was his high school sweetheart :rolleyes:
He's a business owner and employer!? Whoa man.
Oh, and he's also a silver haired family man.
Just the facts next time please, Mr. Jackson.

That being said - why was he even pulled over in the first place?
The shakedown was ridiculous and there should be hell to pay.

thaskalos
01-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Some cops are out of control, and need to be watched. If this is how they respond to mundane situations, one has to wonder about how they react to the really stressful situations that often present themselves in their jobs.

One of my high school friends has become a Chicago cop, and we go out for lunch on occasion. He always delights in pointing out to me that he has the power to arrest any two or more people sitting in a restaurant booth, on "conspiracy" charges...even if they've done nothing to deserve such a fate.

What would possess the cop in this article to ask the man's wife where her husband's gun was, after the husband had already stated that the gun was left at home? And how was the wife supposed to know where the gun was...so she could corroborate her husband's story?

It reminds me of a Saturday night a few years ago...when I was stopped for a broken licence plate light at around midnight. (I didn't even know that such an infraction existed).

The cop came to the car and asked for my licence and insurance card...and then he noticed my young son sitting in the back seat. "Who is the boy?"...he asked me, in his best Clint Eastwood impression.

When I told him that the boy was my son, he wasn't convinced that I was telling him the truth...so he asked my son to corroborate my "story".

My son still kids me about what would have happened if he told the cop that I was lying...and that he wasn't my son at all.

LottaKash
01-15-2014, 05:53 PM
He always delights in pointing out to me that he has the power to arrest any two or more people sitting in the restaurant booth, on "conspiracy" charges...even if they've done nothing to deserve such a fate.

There are recently passed Federal "LAWS" on the books that allow for this "NOW".... And these laws are written so that you have no recourse even under the Current Constitution, to have any say or your day in court...It is so...:eek:

fast4522
01-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Maryland is a police state, ownership of firearms has always an issue. The constant slaughter of human beings in MD has many LEO's from that state thinking that there is no one worthy of the second amendment other than sworn LEO's. The cross section of opinions from different states is a sharp contrast to Maryland, I do not expect that to change anytime soon.

JustRalph
01-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Maryland is a police state, ownership of firearms has always an issue. The constant slaughter of human beings in MD has many LEO's from that state thinking that there is no one worthy of the second amendment other than sworn LEO's. The cross section of opinions from different states is a sharp contrast to Maryland, I do not expect that to change anytime soon.

Four types of people can carry a weapon in MD. Cops. Corrections officers,Doctors and Lawyers. Others must beg for a permit and less than 3% are granted.

cj's dad
01-16-2014, 08:00 AM
I know that you know this JR, but for those who don't live here (and believe me you don't want to) the MTA "POlice" are garbage, A collection of wanna be police officwes that can;t make the grade. They are collectively the most arrogant, dumbest, collection of fools to ever wear a uniform. This is from a guy who routinely defends LEO's to the hilt. Not here, not now.

Robert Goren
01-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Guns owners are now in the same boat as young Black men. :rolleyes:

DJofSD
01-16-2014, 10:40 AM
So, the probable cause for being pulled over was what?