01-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Let me take a guess...

Zenyatta?

Stillriledup
01-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Let me take a guess...

Zenyatta?

Most underrated horse ever is Big Z.

No great horse has ever taken as much scrutiny as she did. To be overrated, you have to have people who think you're better than you are....when in this case, it was just the opposite, Z was better than most people gave her credit for.

Thus, underrated.

wiffleball whizz
01-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Dollar Bill, or Uncle Mo

Dollar bill burnt so much $$$$$$$$$$$ it's scary

thespaah
01-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Devil's Bag..

Rise Over Run
01-15-2014, 07:45 AM
I can't possibly comment on this until the thread about the #1 most over-rated super horse is finalized.

Saratoga_Mike
01-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Easy Goer (but I still liked him)

He needed blinkers

GaryG
01-15-2014, 09:35 AM
I would like to offer four underrated super horses: Risen Star, Holy Bull, Sunday Silence and Inside Information.

FantasticDan
01-15-2014, 09:54 AM
I for one appreciate Mr. Serling taking time out from his busy schedule of tweeting and then bitching about the stupidity of the tweet responses to create this very non-sardonic thread.. :ThmbUp: ;)

And Nashwan is obviously the second most overrated super horse. :p

TheEdge07
01-15-2014, 10:28 AM
He needed blinkers

Needed one turn

devilsbag
01-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Devil's Bag..

From the Terms of Service:

• "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. This includes posts against software vendors, authors, selection services, etc. Civil conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the PaceAdvantage.Com Discussion Board.

• You agree not to use this forum to accuse anyone, any company or any product or service of being "stupid" or a "fraud" or to use a term like "snake oil" to describe a particular product, as such terms may be viewed as defamatory and abusive.

• Again...No bashing. This is becoming more of a problem as the forum grows. Please remember this forum is here to help those who need it and to pass along useful information. Let's keep this a friendly place.

Looks like I have been flamed, called a fraud, and bashed.

iceknight
01-15-2014, 12:21 PM

• "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. This includes posts against software vendors, authors, selection services, etc. Civil conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the PaceAdvantage.Com Discussion Board.

• You agree not to use this forum to accuse anyone, any company or any product or service of being "stupid" or a "fraud" or to use a term like "snake oil" to describe a particular product, as such terms may be viewed as defamatory and abusive.

• Again...No bashing. This is becoming more of a problem as the forum grows. Please remember this forum is here to help those who need it and to pass along useful information. Let's keep this a friendly place.

Looks like I have been flamed, called a fraud, and bashed. Are you being serious?

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=835369&registry=T

cj
01-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Are you being serious?

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=835369&registry=T

99.99999% sure he was joking!

Saratoga_Mike
01-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Needed one turn

You're right - his sprint wins in The Belmont Stakes, Jockey Club Gold and Travers were his best work. Shame they didn't stretch him out in the Breeders' Cup Sprint.

iceknight
01-15-2014, 04:10 PM
99.99999% sure he was joking! thanks, like how you are sticking to the nothing is 100% sure in racing theme here!

TheEdge07
01-15-2014, 04:11 PM
You're right - his sprint wins in The Belmont Stakes, Jockey Club Gold and Travers were his best work. Shame they didn't stretch him out in the Breeders' Cup Sprint.

So his blinkers wouldve not made him lose ground on those tight turns AT CD,PIm,Gulf?

Well ,2 losses at Churchill Downs,1 lost at Pim in the Preakness,and 1 loss at Gulfstream..tight turns(2),BTW his 1 win at Gulfstream the 1 turn 7f Swale Stakes.
JOckey Gold Club and Travers i dont think he beat a total of 8 horses in both races combined i maybe wrong.

BTW the Belmont Stakes is a sprint they only sprint(run) the last 2f,,the rest of the race there galloping..

Easy Goer 14 wins

Easy Goer 8 wins at Belmont,3 at Spa,2 at Aqueduct

outside of NY 1 for 5..

Saratoga_Mike
01-15-2014, 04:14 PM
So his blinkers wouldve not made him lose ground on those tight turns AT CD,PIm,Gulf?

Well ,2 losses at Churchill Downs,1 lost at Pim in the Preakness,and 1 loss at Gulfstream..tight turns(2),BTW his 1 win at Gulfstream the 1 turn 7f Swale Stakes.
JOckey Gold Club and Travers i dont think he beat a total of 8 horses in both races combined i maybe wrong.

BTW the Belmont Stakes is a sprint they only sprint(run) the last 2f,,the rest of the race there galloping..

Easy Goer 14 wins

Easy Goer 8 wins at Belmont,3 at Spa,2 at Aqueduct

outside of NY 1 for 5..

For argument's sake, let's assume I was totally wrong with my blinkers comment. Your one-turn comment was still incorrect, spin it anyway you like.

VeryOldMan
01-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Well played!

Looks like we all have different definitions of "super horse". I think of it as a horse of renown - lots of wins, praise or money; otherwise ranked in the "greatest race horses of all time" lists.

Not "super hyped", "super expensive" or "super pedigree". Other's mileage varies.

the little guy
01-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Here was that terrible 1 for 5 record of Easy Goer's outside of NY...

Lost the BC Juvenile ( 2nd ) in the mud at Churchill...

Lost the KY Derby ( 2nd ) in the mud at Churchill to Sunday Silence...

Lost the Preakness by a nose to Sunday Silence...

Lost the BC Classic at Gulfstream ( where he won his 3YO debut ) by a neck to...drumroll please....Sunday Silence.

What a bum.

Let me guess, his sire Alydar was also overrated?

pandy
01-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Most people are listing horses, not superhorses. Spectacular Bid was a bit overrated in my opinion. He was fast but Delp picked his spots very carefully. But, he was a heck of a horse.

VeryOldMan
01-15-2014, 05:08 PM

Lost the BC Classic at Gulfstream ( where he won his 3YO debut ) by a neck to...drumroll please....Sunday Silence.

What a bum.

Sunday Silence was overrated, I'm telling you! ;) /s

These "super horse" threads are crying out for definition of the "super horse" list. The range of horses being offered is staggering - someone thinks Secretariat is the most over-rated and people are offering Easy Goer as second most? And yet we're getting horses like Devils Bag, Quality Road, Orb, etc. We need some sort of common definition of a true "super horse" for these to be productive, although I must admit these discussions have been fun.

PhantomOnTour
01-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Anyone want to start a thread about the most overrated public handicapper?
;)

davew
01-15-2014, 05:32 PM
;)

How about which track is most over rated?? or circuit??

I think Easy Goer definitely deserves to be in the top 100 all-time - just that at the time, he was touted as the best since Secretariat and good chance at triple crown.

I also remember Arazi coming to Breeders Cup - but hard to put in superhorse category.

thaskalos
01-15-2014, 05:47 PM
;)

Excellent! :ThmbUp:

letswastemoney
01-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Purple Egg

the little guy
01-15-2014, 07:11 PM
;)

Hey, how about second most overrated poster at PA? I mean, with the top spot locked up by Thaskalos, there are plenty of legitimate candidates for the second spot.

TheEdge07
01-15-2014, 07:42 PM

What a bum.

Wasnt he bred fot the mud?

thespaah
01-15-2014, 08:26 PM

I'm Sorry?....I don't understand.
I named a horse I considered to be over rated and you quote me using forum policy.
What gives?

VeryOldMan
01-15-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm Sorry?....I don't understand.
I named a horse I considered to be over rated and you quote me using forum policy.
What gives?

He's joking with you. Riffing off his user name. Trying to add some fun to the board.

thespaah
01-15-2014, 09:07 PM
He's joking with you. Riffing off his user name. Trying to add some fun to the board.
Ok...

BIG49010
01-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Skip Away

lamboguy
01-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Skip Awayhey i don't like that one. to me he was one of the biggest over-achievers that i have ever seen. there were plenty of big guys that looked at that horse and passed thinking that the horse would never even make it to the races. he won the breeders cup classic at age 4, at age 5 he won 5 grade 1 races. he defeated Cigar. what more do you want?

thaskalos
01-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Hey, how about second most overrated poster at PA? I mean, with the top spot locked up by Thaskalos, there are plenty of legitimate candidates for the second spot.
:D

You know what...you are right!

The second most overrated poster here WOULD be an interesting vote.

Robert Goren
01-16-2014, 09:30 AM

The second most overrated poster here WOULD be an interesting vote.As they say "You have to be rated to be over rated"

HUSKER55
01-16-2014, 06:32 PM
the most over rated horse was the one I bet last time out :D

thespaah
01-16-2014, 07:13 PM
the most over rated horse was the one I bet last time out :D :lol:

Stillriledup
01-16-2014, 07:18 PM

The second most overrated poster here WOULD be an interesting vote.

I bet i would beat you out for top honors!

I'm shocked that Andy didnt put ME first in that list.

rastajenk
01-16-2014, 08:58 PM
You're a legend only in your own mind; The T Man gets praise from all over. But I gotta tell ya, I second tlg's nomination. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos
01-16-2014, 09:24 PM
You're a legend only in your own mind; The T Man gets praise from all over. But I gotta tell ya, I second tlg's nomination. :ThmbUp:
Me too. :ThmbUp:

Redboard
01-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Anyone?

Mr. Ed, the animal was a bum!

Hoofless_Wonder
01-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Easy Goer had his faults, but every time he stepped out on the track you had the potential to see something special - and in the Gotham and Belmont Stakes you got just that.

Then Shug comes back many moons later with Orb, who so many thought was a cinch for the Triple Crown after his Derby win. Potential candidate there.

I'm still not clear on the horse at the top of the list of most overrated superhorse, but my vote goes to Cigar. Great trainer, great jock, great owner. Not that it was the horse's fault, but he was beating up on mostly no-name mules.

For some reason, I was glad when he came up sterile - mostly 'cause if he'd had a baby that could run, we'd never hear the end of what a stud he was.....

tzipi
02-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Dollar bill burnt so much $$$$$$$$$$$ it's scary

I think Dollar Bill might've gone off the favorite one time in most of his big races.

PhantomOnTour
02-12-2014, 07:58 PM
What's odd is that folks are participating in a thread that was meant as a jab at the "Most Overrated Horse" thread.
Folks are actually listing their choice for 2nd most overrated horse?

hoovesupsideyourhe
02-14-2014, 08:05 AM
perfect drift

game on dude