PDA

View Full Version : NE vs Denver

cj's dad
01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
So far the "smart" money is on NE-- Really?

Stillriledup
01-14-2014, 08:52 PM
You don't get Belichick and Brady as dog too often, so people got a little crazy.

pandy
01-16-2014, 11:32 PM
On paper Denver is a better team but throughout the Belichick era the Patriots consistently beat teams that have more talent on the field. However, I'm picking Denver. Interesting match up. Belichick likes to try to take away a team's strength. In the earlier game he put everyone back in pass coverage and the Broncos ran for a ton of yards. I think Moreno had over 220 yards himself. The Broncos will have no excuses here. They have a much better offense and equally good if not better defense.

burnsy
01-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Denver is my best bet this week. I thought the line would be 6 to 6 1/2. New England should be the "dog" here...only a fool would make them the fave. Denver is just better this year but they have periods in these games where they seem to "sleep walk" and make mistakes...last weeks game should of been a blow out but San Diego hung around because Denver failed to "seal it." They did the same thing against New England and lost in ot up there. NE has the discipline edge going for them but Denver could blow them out if they execute for 4 quarters. They just seem to be the best in the AFC this year and this is a low, home game spread for them. I disagree, the prudent money is on Denver with a 4 to 4 1/2 spread.......the other money is what helps the spread stay artificially low.

wiffleball whizz
01-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Agree With burnsey........the real line is around 6 but they public sees Brady and they bet but yet the line has only gone up.....

I look at the pats as a horse that's 8/5 from the rail with best jockey trainer etc etc and yet is 6/1........pats are stone dead from a betting standpoint

burnsy
01-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Agree With burnsey........the real line is around 6 but they public sees Brady and they bet but yet the line has only gone up.....

I look at the pats as a horse that's 8/5 from the rail with best jockey trainer etc etc and yet is 6/1........pats are stone dead from a betting standpoint

Yeah, I saw that. Some places its up to 5 and 5 1/2...which tells me some BIG money is coming in on Denver. But I think if Denver plays their game they can win by a TD at least.

lamboguy
01-17-2014, 08:32 AM
The offensive line for the Pats looked as good as you could last week against the Colts. the problem with that is i really don't know the strength of the Colts defense. the Colts came into the Pats game the winner of a shootout the prior week.

the whole season, i never saw that great an offensive line until the Colts game. the question comes down to how good it really is today, a slow scoring team like they had against the Colts will be tough for the Bronco's to overcome.

my bet was Bronco's minus 4. at 6 i would pass.

Robert Goren
01-17-2014, 08:49 AM
It is all about whether NE can mount a pass rush. If they can't, it could brutal. Den has lost its LT a few weeks ago and it has slowed them a bit. Too many injuries on the NE defense has probably ruin any chance they had. Manning just has too many good receivers.

pandy
01-17-2014, 09:05 AM
In their 34-31 come from behind win, the Patriots sacked Manning twice. Brady was sacked 3 times. But Manning only threw for 132 yards because the Patriots dropped 8 in coverage a lot, so Manning handed off. Broncos ran for 280 yards.

Belichick wanted Manning to hand off, figuring if the greatest passer of all time is not throwing the ball it's a good thing. So Manning should not be sacked much in this game, unless Belichick changes his game plan. You can't really blitz Manning, his release is too quick and he reads it too well.

garyscpa
01-17-2014, 09:10 AM
It is all about whether NE can mount a pass rush. If they can't, it could brutal. Den has lost its LT a few weeks ago and it has slowed them a bit. Too many injuries on the NE defense has probably ruin any chance they had. Manning just has too many good receivers.

Clady was injured in week 2 vs the NYG.

RaceBookJoe
01-17-2014, 09:17 AM
My brother-in-law is the Oline coach for the Broncos, but I don't have any inside info...sorry.

burnsy
01-17-2014, 09:40 AM
In their 34-31 come from behind win, the Patriots sacked Manning twice. Brady was sacked 3 times. But Manning only threw for 132 yards because the Patriots dropped 8 in coverage a lot, so Manning handed off. Broncos ran for 280 yards.

Belichick wanted Manning to hand off, figuring if the greatest passer of all time is not throwing the ball it's a good thing. So Manning should not be sacked much in this game, unless Belichick changes his game plan. You can't really blitz Manning, his release is too quick and he reads it too well.

I think people are forgetting about the weather that night too. it was wet, cold and windy. There were numerous fumbles on both sides...the first half most of them bounced to Denver,,,,the second half they went to NE. That was a strange game. BOTH teams ran last week but San Diego could not really run at all against Denver. By the time they adjusted it was too late. If Denver stops the run, it puts NE in a bad place because they have been depending on it. Denver ran their asses off last game vs NE so they better stop Denver. Then Manning does the same act he pulled last week. They run the "no huddle" and don't snap until the play clock is down...caught SD on like 5 offsides, but more importantly they hold the ball for 6 or 7 minutes...Brady can't get you if you have the ball. I hope Fox and Peyton stick to this..it will work again this week. Unless they fall behind. If it goes this way, the under is probably good again too. I don't bet overs and unders though.

pandy
01-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Yes, I think there were 11 fumbles in that strange game. Personally, I think Denver should put a lot of guys on the line and force Brady to pass. As good as he is, he has the weakest crop of receivers he's ever had.

Valuist
01-17-2014, 10:03 AM
The net yards per play differential (O vs D) is giant between these two teams:

Denver +1.0
New England +0.0

New England is going to need a special teams TD or defensive TD if they are going to have a shot.

PhantomOnTour
01-17-2014, 10:06 AM
The net yards per play differential (O vs D) is giant between these two teams:

Denver +1.0
New England +0.0

New England is going to need a special teams TD or defensive TD if they are going to have a shot.
Denver is going to need to stop the Pats running game if they're going to have a shot.
Ground and pound behind that top notch O line, keep the ball out of Manning's hands as much as possible.
The game plan is simple and obvious...and I think the Pats win this game.
Peyton makes postseason mistakes - Brady doesn't

Valuist
01-17-2014, 10:08 AM
The offensive line for the Pats looked as good as you could last week against the Colts. the problem with that is i really don't know the strength of the Colts defense. the Colts came into the Pats game the winner of a shootout the prior week.

the whole season, i never saw that great an offensive line until the Colts game. the question comes down to how good it really is today, a slow scoring team like they had against the Colts will be tough for the Bronco's to overcome.

my bet was Bronco's minus 4. at 6 i would pass.

I think we know about the Colts defense; when they beat the Chiefs, they gave up over 500 yards and 30 first downs to a team playing without its best offensive player for virtually the whole game, and a QB who's considered a game manager.

pandy
01-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Denver is going to need to stop the Pats running game if they're going to have a shot.
Ground and pound behind that top notch O line, keep the ball out of Manning's hands as much as possible.
The game plan is simple and obvious...and I think the Pats win this game.
Peyton makes postseason mistakes - Brady doesn't

It really depends on the defense. I agree that it appears that Brady is less prone to mistakes, but that's because he throws so many short passes. The reality is this, in 25 playoff games Brady has thrown 2 or more interceptions in a game 6 times including three games where he tossed 3 interceptions in a game. Brady actually had stretch in the playoffs prior to the 2011 title game against the Jets where he had thrown 12 picks in his last 8 playoff games. This myth that Brady doesn't make mistakes is just that, a myth. His interceptions tend to be lower during the season because he throws those 6 yard slants, but when he plays the better teams you can't always get away with that so you have to throw the ball downfield. That's when he gets intercepted just as much as anyone else.

Manning has played 21 playoff games and threw for 2 or more interceptions 6 times including one 3 interception game and one 4 interception game. Considering the fact that Manning throws long high-risk passes, his interception ratio is not bad for a guy who plays that aggressively.

The bottom line is, if Manning is going to throw interceptions, it will be because the Patriots play excellent defense, and the same holds true for Brady. These two QB's are both accurate passers but even the best throw interceptions if the defense plays well.

Robert Goren
01-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Clady was injured in week 2 vs the NYG. You are correct. I thought it was later than that. For whatever reason, I still think the line play for the broncos has slipped lately.

RaceBookJoe
01-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Denver lost a cb last week, and no Von Miller.

pandy
01-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Three of the Patriots receivers were listed on the injury report as "limited participation" in practice yesterday. Both teams have lost key players to injuries during the year, so that's no excuse. Pats lost their best defensive player, Wilfork.

The Broncos have lost several starters to injury this season, including Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson, Rahim Moore and Derek Wolfe.

The Patriots lost pro bowl defensive player Jerod Mayo, Vince Wilford, another pro bowl defensive player, starting TE Rob Bronkowski. I couldn't find a complete list but these three were three of their best players.

Clocker
01-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Denver lost a cb last week

After which the Chargers started moving the ball for the first time all game.

Valuist
01-17-2014, 12:52 PM
After which the Chargers started moving the ball for the first time all game.

Against a soft prevent defense. The Saints were also completely shut down for 3 quarters and then started making waves after the game was basically over. When it was on the line, both the Chargers and Saints were completely outplayed. Final scores of both were deceptive, IMO.

Valuist
01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
It also should be pointed out that Gronkowski played in the earlier meeting between these two teams, and caught 7 passes for 90 yards and a TD. Denver made a massive amount of mistakes in that game, losing 3 fumbles and being penalized 9 times for 85 yards. Think the rematch definitely favors Denver.

NJ Stinks
01-18-2014, 03:07 AM
My play in this game is the over. It's supposed to be in the 50's, sunny, and winds around 10 mph in Denver on Sunday. I don't trust Denver's defense and I can't see Manning being shutout. So the idea is to sit back and enjoy and old fashion AFL shootout! :)

As for picking a side, it's too tough for me to be confident on either side, How can I trust a Patriot team that lost on the road this year to the Bengals, Jets, Panthers, and Dolphins? On the other hand, I read something quite interesting today in the NY Post. Here's the quote from Phil Steele's Steele Trap article: "The Patriots return to the conference title game after losing last year and the last eight teams that have done so have advanced to the Super Bowl including both San Francisco and Baltimore last year."

At any rate, I'm rooting for both Fox and Manning to move on but I'll be cheering for points the most!

Robert Goren
01-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Denver has better players, but NE has a smarter coach. When the weather has been good, Manning has been unstoppable in the second half at home. The over looks good and I am leaning toward Denver to win and cover, but I would not bet on it.

Robert Fischer
01-18-2014, 01:41 PM
I like NE to win here.

Denver was so much better in that phony momentum they played in late November, but New England looks much sharper now.

They are pushing guys around in the running game, and their defense is playing at a peak level.

Denver and Manning are obviously an elite offense, but I'm picking the underdog here.

pandy
01-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Denver has better players, but NE has a smarter coach.

That pretty much sums it up.

Stillriledup
01-18-2014, 08:59 PM
The better players win out in the biggest games, the better coaching can exploit "less meaningless" regular season games but players matter more when there are only 4 teams left.

Relwob Owner
01-18-2014, 10:47 PM
I think Denver wins by at least a TD and maybe more

mountainman
01-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Denver, and not even close. With Manning gesturing wildly, screaming "Omaha" a kabillion times, and then tossing wobbly 5 yard slants that his receivers lug the length of the field through holes in the defense only he could see. Seriously, that's my prediction.

Seattle in the other game. Too much is being made of San Fran's hot roll, not enough of the seahawk's imposing record at home. And Marshawn Lynch is superhuman, just friggin superhuman.

Denver to win the Lombardi, by the way.

Robert Fischer
01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Denver up 10.

Broncos look much better.

Brady missed on some low-percentage passes that were open, that would have resulted in a bit of a closer game.

Robert Fischer
01-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Denver, and not even close. With Manning gesturing wildly, screaming "Omaha" a kabillion times, and then tossing wobbly 5 yard slants that his receivers lug the length of the field through holes in the defense only he could see. Seriously, that's my prediction.

Seattle in the other game. Too much is being made of San Fran's hot roll, not enough of the seahawk's imposing record at home. And Marshawn Lynch is superhuman, just friggin superhuman.

Denver to win the Lombardi, by the way.

at least a couple of huge completions by Manning from back inside his own 20.

burnsy
01-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Smart money???? That was what I like to call "Easy money"....... :cool: or a 4 star Burnsy Best Bet. B, B And B.....like I drew up the game plan myself

thaskalos
01-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Ladies and gentlemen...

THIS is what it feels like to be in the presence of greatness.

cj's dad
01-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Hated him when he was a "Colt" -- Love the guy now that he is a Bronco.

TheEdge07
01-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Ladies and gentlemen...

THIS is what it feels like to be in the presence of greatness.

Would love to see Manning..............with Bradys roster..

Clocker
01-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Hated him when he was a "Colt" -- Love the guy now that he is a Bronco.

I didn't hate him, I hated that Indianapolis stole the Colts. Baltimore lost my sympathy when they stole the Browns.

Robert Fischer
01-19-2014, 08:35 PM
wow

Marshawn Lynch is incredibly strong, and he also hits the holes with timing.

beast mode

Valuist
01-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Let me get this straight: tomorrow ESPN and Fox Sports and CNN will spend all broadcast claiming this loss has tarnished Tom Brady's legacy. Oh yeah, that would only happen if Manning and Denver lost. Only Manning is allowed to take criticism like that.

PhantomOnTour
01-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Peyton is wonderful and all that, but nobody laid a hand on him today.
Seattle will lay some hands.

mountainman
01-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Peyton is wonderful and all that, but nobody laid a hand on him today.
Seattle will lay some hands.

Incredible vision and accuracy to perform like that despite such obviously diminished arm strength. Not a shell of the passer he was, yet taking the position to a higher level.

Unprofessional, by the way, of Erin Andrews to be taken aback by Richard Sherman's post-game rant. Her job is to elicit comment, and comment that bold should be the MOTHERLODE for somebody in her position. Instead of milking the situation, however, or even standing dispassionately by, the woman turns her nose up like the homecoming queen inhaling some slacker's flatulence.

Robert Fischer
01-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Incredible vision and accuracy to perform like that despite such obviously diminished arm strength. Not a shell of the passer he was, yet taking the position to a higher level.

Manning is the best of his generation and belongs among the all time greats.

As a side note, there was some charity that counted the number of times that Manning used the "Omaha" call, and matched with a donation.

proximity
01-19-2014, 11:00 PM
I didn't hate him, I hated that Indianapolis stole the Colts. Baltimore lost my sympathy when they stole the Browns.

I hated that the team left Baltimore, but the attendance was a joke.

the last game I ever went to in Baltimore was a 1983 first place match between the colts and the bills. tied for 1st in the afc east at 4-2. game draws 38,000.
38,000 for a first place match up???????

proximity
01-19-2014, 11:04 PM

aside from marvin, reggie, and jeff saturday we already saw this in Indianapolis. without the defense and coaching.

Grits
01-19-2014, 11:14 PM

Unprofessional, by the way, of Erin Andrews to be taken aback by Richard Sherman's post-game rant. Her job is to elicit comment, and comment that bold should be the MOTHERLODE for somebody in her position. Instead of milking the situation, however, or even standing dispassionately by, the woman turns her nose up like the homecoming queen inhaling some slacker's flatulence.

Again. Richard Sherman made a complete fool of himself!! How many professional athletes do you see who go postal on national television with any sport's commentator? And you're dissing HER....yeah, right she really showed her @$$!

http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-breaks-up-pass-wins-game-goes-nuts-on-1504807735

mountainman
01-20-2014, 12:51 AM
Again. Richard Sherman made a complete fool of himself!! How many professional athletes do you see who go postal on national television with any sport's commentator? And you're dissing HER....yeah, right she really showed her @$$!

http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-breaks-up-pass-wins-game-goes-nuts-on-1504807735

He didn't go postal on her. He trash talked an opponent while barely acknowledging her. The woman clearly allowed personal distaste (very apparent on her face) for Sherman's bravado to throw her for a loop. And that's unprofessional. And please, don't contend it was Sherman who acted unprofessionally, he's a football player who had just performed HIS job in an exemplary manner. Unfortunately, Erin Andrews did not.

Even a member of the desk crew observed that she seemed intimidated of Sherman. And let's get real. The guy was about three more sentences from going all-time-classic, and probably providing the Broncos with the sort of bulletin board fodder that would dominate superbowl coverage. But instead of rolling with it, Andrews demurred and missed out on a potentially career-making opportunity.

Tx very much for the response. I expected my post to evoke disagreement, and realize my opinion on this will not be widely shared.

Stillriledup
01-20-2014, 02:34 AM

Sherman in beast mode!

Stillriledup
01-20-2014, 02:36 AM

manning's entire career with the Colts he played on crap teams with crap coaches and made everyone look great. Brady, otoh, always had great players until this year, some of them got arrested for murder or did something stupid in a night club to injure themselves. Brady has played with far superior players and has always had a far superior coach (not to mention playing in a crappy division which essentially gifted them at least an 11-5 record and bye week year after year after year).

NJ Stinks
01-20-2014, 02:41 AM
He didn't go postal on her. He trash talked an opponent while barely acknowledging her. The woman clearly allowed personal distaste (very apparent on her face) for Sherman's bravado to throw her for a loop. And that's unprofessional. And please, don't contend it was Sherman who acted unprofessionally, he's a football player who had just performed HIS job in an exemplary manner. Unfortunately, Erin Andrews did not.

Even a member of the desk crew observed that she seemed intimidated of Sherman. And let's get real. The guy was about three more sentences from going all-time-classic, and probably providing the Broncos with the sort of bulletin board fodder that would dominate superbowl coverage. But instead of rolling with it, Andrews demurred and missed out on a potentially career-making opportunity.

Tx very much for the response. I expected my post to evoke disagreement, and realize my opinion on this will not be widely shared.

Sherman was not the ideal assignment for sure. ;) But you are right, Mountainman. Sherman's rant had nothing at all to do with Erin Andrews. That she did not understand this probably means she was put in a position she didn't belong in IMO.

I will add this, though. I need the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl. Yet it's almost impossible to root for them as a fan. Too many Shermans talking trash on the football field nowadays. :ThmbDown:

P.S. And to think Dick Sherman went to Stanford! :eek:

Stillriledup
01-20-2014, 03:51 AM

Totally agree, she dropped the ball, she could have went beast mode herself but instead she just got scared and ran away and hid.

You're told in Journalism 101 (i think) that if you have an emotional subject who's ranting and raving, KEEP THE TAPE ROLLING.

But, instead, she's too busy making Probiotics commercials, trying to date athletes and trying to look pretty to have done her homework on Sherman and know she had an amazing opportunity to "go legend".

iceknight
01-20-2014, 04:26 AM
He didn't go postal on her. He trash talked an opponent while barely acknowledging her.

Tx very much for the response. I expected my post to evoke disagreement, and realize my opinion on this will not be widely shared. Maybe he can get his own pedestal and microphone set up. She asked him a question as a journalist and he should be answering that instead of letting out his flatulence. The good thing of course is that he at least said it straight to the camera. Also, Erin has an established career. There was nothing for her to gain by letting him continue his rant and ignore people's questions. She did not ask him what his emotions were...

This guy Sherman is so insecure and desperate to be called as the "best" by Crabtree that when Crabtree and Skip refuse to do that, he still keeps beating his drum after repeatedly saying "my numbers speak for themselves".

Give me a break! Sherman keeps claiming he is confident, but in fact he is not and desperately wants acknowledgment as "the best cornerback" -- Sorry, not too many people care that much about that position. For him to ignore a journalist that asks a specific question only because he didnt get Crabtree's approval, is quite pathetic.

Valuist
01-20-2014, 07:45 AM
manning's entire career with the Colts he played on crap teams with crap coaches and made everyone look great. Brady, otoh, always had great players until this year, some of them got arrested for murder or did something stupid in a night club to injure themselves. Brady has played with far superior players and has always had a far superior coach (not to mention playing in a crappy division which essentially gifted them at least an 11-5 record and bye week year after year after year).

Well said. This idea of only judging QBs by Super Bowl trophies is incredibly short sighted. Those Colt teams were built to win at home and rush the passer on the dome carpet. Even the best Colt teams during Manning's run there always struggled stopping the run and were undersized.

I think Seattle is going to win, but part of me wants Manning to win, just to shut up the morons at ESPN.

burnsy
01-20-2014, 07:54 AM

Who cares? I laughed...I saw guys breaking each other out there...it was a war. These clowns come running out seconds after the game in "make up" and designer clothes for some ridiculous, usually scripted, cliché comment...like they are going to get vital, earth shattering news..there is so much coverage and hype or "show", well, he gave them the "real deal", those two were probably jawing at each other for hours...you caught him seconds after...i'm sure Crabtree was blowing him kisses during the game too. That's what really happens during the game and Erin just got an earful of it...reality.....bad........smiling bullshit, pat answer,,,,,,good reporting.......totally agree....

pandy
01-20-2014, 08:02 AM

I agree with you. When Pats won those Super Bowls they had a top ranked defense, and the best coach. The Colts had weak defenses most of Manning's stint there. Brady is a great player, Peyton Manning is something entirely different, a super player.

TheEdge07
01-20-2014, 08:12 AM
aside from marvin, reggie, and jeff saturday we already saw this in Indianapolis. without the defense and coaching.

Dallas Clark, Pierre, Freeney, lets not forget those....

TheEdge07
01-20-2014, 08:32 AM

YOur 1000% wrong and is not close,,,, no way has Brady had the better roster....no shot...i
when brady won super bowls he was throwing to caldwell, branch..the only year he had a #1 rec he tore it up..lets look at mannings roster with colts heres a few

dallas clark
pierr carcon
wayne
saturday
james
Freeney
mathis,
collie

Manning has weapons in Denver,,

Brady is a better qb because he always does more with less cQ

Brady is throwing to guys who wont play in the nfl 3 years from now

pandy
01-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Well said. This idea of only judging QBs by Super Bowl trophies is incredibly short sighted. Those Colt teams were built to win at home and rush the passer on the dome carpet. Even the best Colt teams during Manning's run there always struggled stopping the run and were undersized.

I think Seattle is going to win, but part of me wants Manning to win, just to shut up the morons at ESPN.

Some of the things these analysts say on tv are absurd. Chris Collinsworth things Brady's not just the greatest QB ever but the greatest player ever simply based on the fact that he has been on so many Super Bowl teams. As if the rest of the team and coaching doesn't matter. Brady always had great protection and a great defense when they won those Super Bowls. And these premises that Manning can't win the big games, or can't play in cold weather, all complete and utter nonsense.

If winning Super Bowls was the criteria then Terry Bradshaw is the greatest QB of all time.

pandy
01-20-2014, 08:43 AM
YOur 1000% wrong and is not close,,,, no way has Brady had the better roster....no shot...i
when brady won super bowls he was throwing to caldwell, branch..the only year he had a #1 rec he tore it up..lets look at mannings roster with colts heres a few

dallas clark
pierr carcon
wayne
saturday
james
Freeney
mathis,
collie

Manning has weapons in Denver,,

Brady is a better qb because he always does more with less cQ

Brady is throwing to guys who wont play in the nfl 3 years from now

Those Patriots Super Bowl winning teams were won with defense, which was one of the best in the NFL and had the best defensive minded head coach in the history of the game, Belichick, a masterful defensive coach.

TheEdge07
01-20-2014, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=pandy]Those Patriots Super Bowl winning teams were won with defense, which was one of the best in the NFL and had the best defensive minded head coach in the history of the game, Belichick, a masterful defensive coach.[/QUOTE

In two of those super bowls Brady had game winning drives and in the other he outscored Carolina...

pandy
01-20-2014, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=pandy]Those Patriots Super Bowl winning teams were won with defense, which was one of the best in the NFL and had the best defensive minded head coach in the history of the game, Belichick, a masterful defensive coach.[/QUOTE

In two of those super bowls Brady had game winning drives and in the other he outscored Carolina...

Brady's a great leader, no doubt about it and he deserves to be a first round Hall of Famer. But these analysts often over estimate his talent. When Brady was injured Matt Casselcame in and the Pats still won almost every game.

Belichick makes players, not the other way around. Look at all the rookies that play well on his teams. Look at all the players that get cut by other teams that he made into stars. Edleman, who would not even make most NFL teams, caught 105 passes this year. Wes Walker was cut from three teams before landing in New England. Belichick also takes players who were undrafted and turns them into solid starters.

This year the Patriots don't have a single player on defense that made the pro bowl, they started 5 rookies and lost their best defensive player, yet they still played very good defense.

proximity
01-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Dallas Clark, Pierre, Freeney, lets not forget those....

garcon possibly cost us the super bowl vs new orleans and has clark even been average in tampa and baltimore?? and dwight was very good and bob sanders was tremendous when healthy but we NEVER had an above average defense, and in fact our silly cover 2 scheme kept manning sitting on the bench for way too long.

ronsmac
01-20-2014, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=TheEdge07]

Brady's a great leader, no doubt about it and he deserves to be a first round Hall of Famer. But these analysts often over estimate his talent. When Brady was injured Matt Casselcame in and the Pats still won almost every game.

Belichick makes players, not the other way around. Look at all the rookies that play well on his teams. Look at all the players that get cut by other teams that he made into stars. Edleman, who would not even make most NFL teams, caught 105 passes this year. Wes Walker was cut from three teams before landing in New England. Belichick also takes players who were undrafted and turns them into solid starters.

This year the Patriots don't have a single player on defense that made the pro bowl, they started 5 rookies and lost their best defensive player, yet they still played very good defense.When you lose Gronk, A.hernanderz, Welker and Brandon Lloyd in the same year and still pass for 4300 yds, it's no contest in my opinion.

TheEdge07
01-20-2014, 06:17 PM
garcon possibly cost us the super bowl vs new orleans and has clark even been average in tampa and baltimore?? and dwight was very good and bob sanders was tremendous when healthy but we NEVER had an above average defense, and in fact our silly cover 2 scheme kept manning sitting on the bench for way too long.

Wait...Mannings int return cost the colts super bowl..period

TheEdge07
01-20-2014, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=pandy]When you lose Gronk, A.hernanderz, Welker and Brandon Lloyd in the same year and still pass for 4300 yds, it's no contest in my opinion.

Agree..Manning couldnt win with Bradys roster.

lamboguy
01-20-2014, 06:25 PM
they made the Brocnco's 2 point favorites, for what its worth, a month ago the NFC was 2 1/2 favorite. quite a change.

i like the puppy

proximity
01-20-2014, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=pandy]When you lose Gronk, A.hernanderz, Welker and Brandon Lloyd in the same year and still pass for 4300 yds, it's no contest in my opinion.

sure gronk is a great te, but for the most part anyone can catch those 3 yard routes belichick likes to run. yards after catch.

proximity
01-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Wait...Mannings int return cost the colts super bowl..period

period??? between the horrible garcon drop and hank whateverhisnamewas botching the onsides kick, it could have been over long before that point.

TheEdge07
01-20-2014, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=ronsmac]

sure gronk is a great te, but for the most part anyone can catch those 3 yard routes belichick likes to run. yards after catch.

Doesnt Manning throw 5 yard crossing routes..

can you please explain how come 95% of 1st goals plays are audible to a pass.

proximity
01-20-2014, 06:50 PM
coach is mad at welker now for injuring talib.

proximity
01-20-2014, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=proximity]

Doesnt Manning throw 5 yard crossing routes..

can you please explain how come 95% of 1st goals plays are audible to a pass.

he just made a nice audible to a run for the touchdown yesterday as simms pointed out. guess that was part of the 5%?

without manning, until last year we wouldn't have made the playoffs once since that bad 96 or 97 loss to the steelers. i wish we had a complete team where you could just put matt cassel in and go 10-6, but it wasn't so.