PDA

View Full Version : Betitandforgetit.

formula_2002
04-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Betitandforgetit.

I had planed to issue the conditional automated betting program for beta testing on 4/1/2004, but looks like I’ll need another week.

Two things held up the progress, one of which is no longer an issue.
Of over 2800 contestants, I just finished 32nd in a “last man standing” contest hosted by the NYRA. So that breaks lose one side of the brain.

The other is that I had to come to understand that Visual Basic was not some kind of sightseeing course. That’s right, a month ago I thought script was something actors read from.

In order to test the program, you will need a betting account with Brisbet.com and excel.
I run the program from windows 2000, and a cable modem.

At this time, the program does the following;
The excel file provides drop down menus for track, race number, program number , bet type (currently wps only), your minimum acceptable odds, and the time you want the bet made (such as 1 minuet to post).
You can repeat the process for as many bets you want to make over by completing additional menu betting lines. (Currently, I have limited the number of plays to 10 lines.
There is really no limit to the number of plays.)

Then, BETITANDFORGETIT, by launching THE program.

wolsons
04-02-2004, 10:04 AM
If you're looking for beta testers, count me in - I have a Brisbet account, XP Home, Excel, and a cable modem.

Steve

penguinfan
04-02-2004, 08:43 PM
I have all the above requirements as well and would be interested.

Penguinfan