PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: "Live!"

Teach
01-12-2014, 11:12 AM
To the melody of: “A Foggy Day (In London Town)”

I can hear “Ol’ Blue Eyes,” now.

“A Foggy Day (In New York Queens)”

I looked out the window, I could use some “karm“; (short for karma)

And the P. S. 1 Museum, it had lost its charm.

How long I wondered would this fog last;

Yet the fog wouldn’t lift; it hadn’t passed.

But, suddenly, I saw “The Big A” there,

And through fog-gy New York, Queens;

The sun was shiii-ning…on every thorough-fare.

Oh, sorry to hear about the passing of Caixa Eletronica.
If hearts were gold, his would have been Fort Knox.

I’ll be back in a little over an hour with my first-race picks.

Until then, hasta luego.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM
PS 1 Long Island City ha ha

Teach
01-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Race One:

:5: Washington's Rules looks like - appears to be - the horse to beat. Yet, as cited on NYRA's "Talking Horses," this horse's "Silky Sullivan-like" running style can cause one to hyperventilate, at least before he crosses the finish line. Yet, I'm picking the grey gelding - by default. If he runs anywhere near his form, he should prevail; however, I wouldn't "bet the farm" on him. That said, he handles the wet track (listed as muddy) very well. The question remains: "Is he worth the price?"

Others to consider: 3: Kitchi Warrior ships in from upstate New York. Trainer Chris Englehart is very successful with second off a claim. The A.P. Indy-bred should handle the off-going. :4: Amber Coast has the red-hot apprentice, Manny Franco, in the irons. The gelding didn't do much on an off track in his last; yet he can make amends. His Speightstown (Gone West) pedigree says he should handle a wet surface. The hot as a petardo Rudy Rodriguez is the horse's conditioner. If you're thinking supers - I'm going against conventional wisdom, I'd cite :2: Awesome Bid (Awesome Again). The rider change to Rosario Montanez should help and :1: Shimmy Coco Puff.

Teach
01-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Race Two:

:7: Even Shower gets my lukewarm nod in this open-ended claiming route. Remember the Clairol commercial: "Does she or doesn't she?" (color her hair). Well, will he or won't he get the distance. I'm treading lightly, here. Yes, my top pick finished second in his last; albeit in a four-horse field; but I like the fact that Jose Ortiz is in the irons. I also like the breeding: Stephen Got Even (A.P. Indy); that has wet-track breeding written all over it.

Others to consider: :6: Mane Meal; :3: Sweet Lover; :4: Perfect Dancing,

Teach
01-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Race Three:

:5: Mamdooha is my pick here; looks solid. Also: :4: Summertime Friend and :1: Vero Amore

Teach
01-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Race Four:

I'm eschewing the #2 here, the current fave; I think the horse is vulnerable. Instead I proffer a troika of horses that I believe can possibly pull off the upset: :6: Lincoln Flyer (can Eddie Castro win two in a row?) was bumped right after the start; that compromised any chance of winning, let alone hitting the tote. I think the Awesome Again-bred gelding has a shot. David Jacobson trains. Another possible is the :5: Papa Doc. The El Prado-bred gelding should be out and going when the bell sounds. How far his four legs will carry him is the big question? At his best, he may hang on. Certainly possible that he might hold on for a minor award, Then there "the layoff horse" for "Team Rice"; :9: Unbridled Bear. The Unbridled's Song-bred gelding hasn't raced since The Ides of March at Gulfstream. If reasonably ready...Finally, :7: Consoles Gotta Go switches from turf to dirt.

Teach
01-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Race Five:

:3: Make A Fortune is my pick here. The "Davids," Cohen and Jacobson, are solid duo. The horse is coming off a layoff; if ready.... Also :2: The Truth and KG; :1: Sokitumi Samurai and :5: Coticinio.

Teach
01-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Race Six:

My pick is: : :12: : Riveressed. Closed nicely from the outside in her last and can do it again. :6: Once A Week is "the logical"; should be there. Also: :10: Princessbellaoncall; and :4: Shea Darby .

Teach
01-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Race Seven:

I like the entry: :1: / :1a:, Foggy Road/Mr. Style. Also in the mix: :9: Reserved Quality; :11: Pleasure Principle; and :5: Cactus City Road.

Teach
01-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Race Eight:

:1: Pass The Tap; :2: Herbal Prospector; :4: Bemata; :7: Ithastobegeorge.

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Race Eight:

:1: Pass The Tap; :2: Herbal Prospector; :4: Bemata; :7: Ithastobegeorge.
Well done Teach - didn't post it but I loved the :7: in that race and he ran 4th.
Put him on your watch list...super wide as they turned for home and still kept grinding along.

Teach
01-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks Phantom,

Let's see if we can nail this last race!

Teach

Teach
01-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Race Nine:

I think it's wide open. I'm not excited about the #6; I think he can be had.
Do I have the gonads? I'm looking "outside". Hard to choose, but I'm leaning toward "a bomb". He'll pay over fifty "smackers" (at current odds) if he pops. I'm talkin about :9: Corybant. Yes, only one win in ten lifetime tries, but that win came against better on a wet track. I realize it's a reach; yet nothing ventured, nothing gained. I also like: :10: One Red Cat; and :11: St. Sincere. If you're looking at supers, consider :3: Mr Rodriguez and :7: M P Ruckus.

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Let's get a little silly in the last with the :8: Woburn to grab a slice from off the pace in a speed laden affair.
Besides, I'm almost finished with this nice bottle of Cotes du Rhone :D
Wine, football, horses...a Sunday well spent

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Holy hell - we both had the right idea in searching for a bomb, but I just couldn't come up with that one.
Persaud strikes again...68-1 :eek:

Thought the #8 was a lock for a board finish turning for home. Dream rail run and was moving nicely behind a tiring bunch.
Ran 4th I think.