PDA

View Full Version : ADWs for NY Residents

parkedout97
01-11-2014, 01:12 PM
With the new laws passed this year, does anyone have a list of ADWs that are still accepting NY residents and giving rebates?

I previously had an account at Compubet that was great but they have closed accounts for NY residents.

Thanks,
Tim

Vigorish
01-12-2014, 01:59 PM
With the new laws passed this year, does anyone have a list of ADWs that are still accepting NY residents and giving rebates?

I previously had an account at Compubet that was great but they have closed accounts for NY residents.

Thanks,
Tim

I am sorry about the loss of your old account. The situation with New York is pretty disappointing, but at least not as bad as some states like Illinois, Texas, or Penn.

I don't have a list, but I have examined various options for New York players. Besides sites like NYRA, you could check out EmpireCityBets. They have a decent rebate schedule given the new conditions in New York, plus a $150 sign up bonus (1x play through requirement). They give 8% back on win and all exotics bets for Yonkers; 5% for a large collection of tracks like Parx, Penn, and Keeneland; 3% for Tampa Bay, Belmont, etc.; and 1% for Santa Anita, Del Mar, Saratoga, etc.

Many of the old ADW's with rebate shops are either currently accommodating New York residents or trying to accomodate them. Typically, what happens (for example, if you look at OTB.com) is they deduct 5% from their rebate schedule. Sites (with decent rebates) like BetPtc are already accommodating New York residents or in the process of trying to accommodate them. Horseplayersbet.com is another major rebate site that is in the process of trying to accommodate NY residents. Finally, there are other sites that only use word-of-mouth advertising, which I will not mention in the thread for that reason.

Jeffrey

Vigorish
01-12-2014, 02:56 PM
I am sorry about the loss of your old account. The situation with New York is pretty disappointing, but at least not as bad as some states like Illinois, Texas, or Penn.

I don't have a list, but I have examined various options for New York players. Besides sites like NYRA, you could check out EmpireCityBets. They have a decent rebate schedule given the new conditions in New York, plus a $150 sign up bonus (1x play through requirement). They give 8% back on win and all exotics bets for Yonkers; 5% for a large collection of tracks like Parx, Penn, and Keeneland; 3% for Tampa Bay, Belmont, etc.; and 1% for Santa Anita, Del Mar, Saratoga, etc.

Many of the old ADW's with rebate shops are either currently accommodating New York residents or trying to accomodate them. Typically, what happens (for example, if you look at OTB.com) is they deduct 5% from their rebate schedule. Sites (with decent rebates) like BetPtc are already accommodating New York residents or in the process of trying to accommodate them. Horseplayersbet.com is another major rebate site that is in the process of trying to accommodate NY residents. Finally, there are other sites that only use word-of-mouth advertising, which I will not mention in the thread for that reason.

Jeffrey

I made a major goof in the following sentence: "Many of the old ADW's with rebate shops are either currently accommodating New York residents or trying to accomodate them"

Basically, I was trying to say that many of the ADW's that offer meaningful rebates are currently accommodating New York residents or in the process of complying with the new regulations, which should enable them to serve current and new customers. Of course, the customer will lose a substantial part of their rebate, but they will still get meaningful relief at many tracks (especially in the exotic pools at lower tier tracks).

riskman
01-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Check out Saratogabets.

https://www.saratogabets.com/

Pensacola Pete
01-12-2014, 04:00 PM
It will all-but-kill NYRA rebates for most of the ADWs who were offering them. I don't know of any shops that were giving over 5% on AQU, SAR, BEL to any but the biggest bettors.

Serious (meaning high-volume) players from New York will find (have already found) ways around this. They'll do the Delaware corporation routine or use a beard (agent/friend/etc.) in a legal state. Then they'll sign on with a VPN service or corporate network service to mask the state of origin IP, and they'll go right on betting.