PDA

View Full Version : Colts/Pats Thoughts

cj's dad
01-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Colts- fortunate to be here thanks to a complete collapse by KC.

The Colts had several good wins:
@SF - 27/7
Seattle--34/28
Denver- 39/33

They also had a few really bad ones:

Miami 24/20
Rams 38/8
Tenn- 18/14
@Cinn - 42/28

** 3 at home

The Pats on the other hand have had one extra week to prepare and rest and have the best coach in the NFL

The Pats have 4 losses, all on the road

Cinn by 7
Jets by 3
Carolina by 4
Miami by 4

I see this as no contest

woodtoo
01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
If the real Colts 45 show up it'll be a shootout.

Valuist
01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I don't see either defense being real successful here.

precocity
01-10-2014, 04:52 PM
if luck is on his A game and scrambles a bit should be a good game, still think the pats win though.

Robert Fischer
01-10-2014, 09:24 PM
The Pats have to take the initiative, and then control the momentum and not let the Colts get brave in a comeback mode.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Both defenses are suspect so anything goes let the better QB FOR THE DAY win. It's one game and anything can happen especially when there is little resistance from the defense.

proximity
01-11-2014, 01:42 AM
the colts did not lose to the titans, we swept the division.

they went 12-4 vs our 11-5, but we probably played the tougher schedule.

the only question is our defense, which hasn't shown up for several games this year, including last week's. that, imo, is on pagano and manusky for not having the team ready to play. note though that bringing the team back off a loss has been pagano's strength.

we also beat a good chiefs team 2x with the last win actually being one of the toughest things to do in football..... beating coach reid off of a bye week. yes, they played a game vs the chargers, but make no mistake, that was a bye as coach reid was aiming for the colts the whole time.

new England and Denver better get us now before Dwayne allen, Donald Thomas, ballard, and possibly even reggie wayne come back. especially Dwayne allen and a decent lineman like Thomas. win or lose, these colts are going to be around for awhile!!

thaskalos
01-11-2014, 01:46 AM
The Colts win the game outright.

+7 is a steal...IMO.

And on an unrelated note...SD +9.5 might be the bet of the year...again, IMO.

proximity
01-11-2014, 01:49 AM
as for what I expect.....

I expect coach belichek to try and take t.y. out of the game and make other receivers win it.

on defense they aren't playing the old dungy colts. so it's on our defense to execute.

NJ Stinks
01-11-2014, 02:42 AM
I don't trust teams that just played in played in perfect conditions and then venture out into strong winds and possibly heavy rain. Meanwhile, I am expecting the Patriots to adapt well to game conditions and thrive.

So it's the Pats for me and a little over in case the game gets out of hand.

Stillriledup
01-11-2014, 03:41 AM
The Patriots get in trouble when.......

the team they're playing isnt intimidated. And, the longer the game goes while being close, the more the Pats are in trouble. The Pats are bullies, they hit people in the mouth, they throw their QB and coaches fancy resumes on the field and hope you quit.

if you don't quit and take their best punch, you're in the game and usually can outgame these guys. The key is to go in there confident that you can win. This is what the Ravens and Jets did in recent years, they went into New England, hit those guys in the mouth and came out with a win.

cj's dad
01-11-2014, 08:47 AM
the colts did not lose to the titans, we swept the division.

You are correct- I read that wrong. What position you playing now ? :rolleyes:

proximity
01-11-2014, 03:54 PM
What position you playing now ? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: sigh.

Relwob Owner
01-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I would say the Pats win by 10 or more

proximity
01-12-2014, 12:15 AM
congratulations to cj's dad and all of the other patriots fans.

and apologies to a good Kansas city team who would have had a good chance to win that game.

not sure what the next step is for the blue and white. :confused:

RXB
01-12-2014, 12:48 AM
With no pick until late in the second round of the upcoming draft, the Colts will have to score in the free agent market if they're going to take a step in the right direction. They obviously need upgrades at OL, RB and DB and have to hope that Reggie Wayne comes back fully recovered (at age 36, a question mark).

That Trent Richardson trade, yikes.

proximity
01-12-2014, 12:56 AM
horrible run by trent tonight. thornton gets the guy on the ground and trent still gets tackled for a loss. the defense was just atrocious again though. at this point i'd trade pagano and manusky for pagano's brother in sd.

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2014, 01:07 AM
Everyone seemed enamored with the super sexy comeback vs KC but forgot that they had fallen behind by 28pts. at home.
You fall behind the Pats by a few scores and there is no coming back, esp on the road.

JustRalph
01-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Andy Dalton and Andy Luck got the same sickness

Once again proving the most important position in football is QB

My apologies to Joe Flacco for doubting you early on. :lol:

proximity
01-12-2014, 01:16 AM
luck is already in the top 1/4 of the league in only his second year and that with gosder cherilus being our only serviceable offensive lineman. as great as manning was he never would have survived the season with this line. new England's benchwarmer Donald Thomas would have helped the colts tremendously. hopefully he's ready for next season but a team still needs something that at least resembles a defense to win.

RXB
01-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Luck made some critical errors in both playoff games but he also made some big plays. And he isn't exactly surrounded by talent at the moment.

Stillriledup
01-12-2014, 01:22 AM
Wow, that was a brutal performance by both teams. If the colts were even able to function at any level, they could have won that game. Handing N.E. a "free 7 pts" on the first series of the game didnt help matters.

NJ Stinks
01-12-2014, 01:28 AM
Andy Dalton and Andy Luck got the same sickness

Once again proving the most important position in football is QB

My apologies to Joe Flacco for doubting you early on. :lol:

I'm guessing that you are teasing Proximity comparing Luck with Dalton.

Any team that cannot stop the Pats ground game has no shot at winning. IMO, Luck kept the Colts in the game as long as he could. Conversely, Dalton took the Bengals out of their game as fast as he could!

JustRalph
01-12-2014, 01:50 AM
I'm guessing that you are teasing Proximity comparing Luck with Dalton.

Any team that cannot stop the Pats ground game has no shot at winning. IMO, Luck kept the Colts in the game as long as he could. Conversely, Dalton took the Bengals out of their game as fast as he could!

and you would be right........ I am sure he takes it in the manner intended......

amazing two quarterbacks both named Andy had similar games :lol:

proximity
01-12-2014, 02:19 AM
even proximity deserves a little grief from time to time. :)

we'll get 'em next year!!

rastajenk
01-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Take it from a Bengalist, there's always a next year. :cool:

cj's dad
01-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Take it from a Bengalist, there's always a next year. :cool:

Yeppers and maybe in your lifetime the Bungles will actually win a SB:D

Good luck with that !

BTW- I remember when Marvin Lewis was the DC with the Ravens. The team was all about him and his "D". So, he becomes head coach of the CB's! How's that working out fer ya ?

Robert Goren
01-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Yeppers and maybe in your lifetime the Bungles will actually win a SB:D

Good luck with that !

BTW- I remember when Marvin Lewis was the DC with the Ravens. The team was all about him and his "D". So, he becomes head coach of the CB's! How's that working out fer ya ?I remember that, too . I also remember the Bengals from that time. Remember Lewis has to deal with the worst owner in pro sports this side of the LA Clippers.

Rookies
01-12-2014, 10:10 AM
I remember that, too . I also remember the Bengals from that time. Remember Lewis has to deal with the worst owner in pro sports this side of the LA Clippers.

Maybe, but isn't he now 0-5 in the Playoffs, including multiple Home games? That can't be good for you career, let alone retention next year!

CincyHorseplayer
01-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Weve been in the turd swirling maelstrom of Mike Brown's black cloud of doom for a long time here in Cincinnati,with no end in sight!

In an article this morning Bengals beat writer Joe Reedy pointed out that while Dalton has won 30 games in his first 3 seasons,in games where it counts(vs division,primetime,playoffs)he is 9-14.He literally pee's his pants like a redheaded step child in the most crucial moments!Sorry couldn't resist! :D

I can laugh now but was on suicide watch from last Saturday til Tuesday.Every playoff appearance is met with the yellow jumpsuit,not a hometeam jersey! :lol: