PDA

View Full Version : tv food shows

ldiatone
01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
i dont watch most of these realilty shows "butcher Block" "cut throat" "the taste" "Iron chef"(both) and the ones where they form teams and compete on bravo station. i think the shows are some what scripted and producer manipulated. but the one last night that has to be the worst is "dinner party wars". 3 couples have dinner parties at there house and each have dinners to score points from 2 judges(a chef and a Party Planner) to win.......$1000.00 worth of cook ware. if this shown lasts.....the one couple is cooking a prime rib and the husband has no shrit on and a black bib apron. WHAT! the other couple had a fried chicken dish and the couple waited for after the first course to be over then started to fry the chicken...WHAT! hell common sense would be to start the chicken a little early and what a poor choice. the first couple poured there wine in a pitcher early and fruit fleas got in... hence a couple guests had dead fruit fleas in there glasses...WHAT!
dumb show.

DJofSD
01-10-2014, 11:58 AM
I guess that's just another reality TV program.

They ruined Iron Chef America years ago. As much as I like AB and most of the original chefs, the newer panelists and chefs don't offer anything I find worthwhile.

$1,000 worth of cookware is not really all that much if it is decent stuff.

Tom
01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Making food adversarial.....give me Jacques Pepin any day.

Marshall Bennett
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Food fights might be a popular addition to these shows. There's huge percentage of TV audiences that have been primed by the times to jump on such stupid shit. Bet they'd eat it up...no pun of course. :)

ldiatone
01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Making food adversarial.....give me Jacques Pepin any day.
good chef. if you can find the video/seris, him and julia child where great

DJofSD
01-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Keep checking your local listing of the PBS station. They have had broadcasts of those episodes along with many others.

And, there's: http://www.kqed.org/food/jacquespepin/

My favorite was Cooking with Claudine, his daughter. Now married to a chef and at least one kid.

Tom
01-10-2014, 03:58 PM

That series on on on Create TV on Saturday afternoons.
I saw a live performance they did together on stage at, I believe, Harvard!

Cooking lobster and other good stuff.
She wanted to put a lot of butter in a sauce and he wanted her to try to keep it lighter. When he went to the fridge, she dumped the whole pound in. He asked her what happened to the butter and she said she threw it out - it was bad stuff! :D

http://www.createtv.com/Cooking

Enter your zip to find shows in your area

Tom
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Now married to a chef and at least one kid.

Menage et trois :confused::confused::confused:

DJofSD
01-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Oui? No!

ldiatone
01-10-2014, 09:05 PM
child was very cool...and a spy also :rolleyes:

TJDave
01-11-2014, 01:45 AM
A month ago I was privileged to watch the taping of an episode of the food network show 'Restaurant Impossible'. The show's star is a complete, fully formed 100% ASSSHOLE.

JustRalph
01-11-2014, 01:59 AM
A month ago I was privileged to watch the taping of an episode of the food network show 'Restaurant Impossible'. The show's star is a complete, fully formed 100% ASSSHOLE.

I've heard that from others :lol:

He was fired from the network for a fake resume, but was suddenly brought back after a legal maneuver......never heard the real story

Tom
01-11-2014, 09:57 AM
My favorite, Sam the Cooking Guy.

DJ, I think he might on TV in your area?
Had a show Just cook This.
A regular guy, cooking what he likes in a kitchen like mine with stuff out of the cupboard like I would buy.
And, damn good stuff, too.

DJofSD
01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm familiar with Sam the Cooking Guy by name only. I'll look to see if there is something on the tube I can watch. THX.

OTOH, there's the guy on the BBC program that goes all over helping people with their restaurants. Sometimes he's addressing problems with the food, other times it's the wait staff and other times with the owner. Likes to use the "F" word a lot. I take him and his program in very small doses -- and, damn, if I can recall his name. Ramsey?

Tom
01-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Chef Gordon Ramsey.

kingfin66
01-11-2014, 11:05 AM

Is that the show with the Celebrity, Bodybuilder Chef Robert something? I could easily see him being an asshole.

I still enjoy Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. It is not exactly high class cuisine, but the show depicts the food that Americans know, love and eat. I have heard that Fieri also not a good guy, but he definitely has personality on camera and makes the show fun and somewhat interesting.

PhantomOnTour
01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Chef Gordon Ramsey.
If he acted in a real kitchen the way he does on those fake TV kitchens someone would undoubtedly f**k him up.

What a toolbag

EDIT: Guy Fieri is another joke. No chef worth a damn has as much product in his hair like this clown...and the backwards sunglasses on your head while actually cooking!?
GTFO here dude.

classhandicapper
01-11-2014, 03:37 PM
I enjoy a lot of those cooking contest shows, but they are starting to lose me because the political agenda of the networks, contestants, etc... are starting to leak into the show. I really don't care what any of these people think. I get enough of that in TV sitcoms, movies, and award shows. That's why I stopped watching of lot of that stuff. I just want to watch cooking.

Tom
01-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Food network is a joke.
The people that run it probably never opened a can of Campbell's Soup.
I agree with Class - shut up, cook. I don't care about you, your damn family, what your Daddy told you, what memories this dish bring back to you - show me how and tell where to get the ingredients. What is this every dish has a story crap?

Tom
01-11-2014, 03:50 PM
1btGBuI1qCk

DJofSD
01-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks!

Actually, I have watched some of his stuff on the web already -- just not on the boob tube!

And, OBTW, that vid's recipe is a good one to try.

ldiatone
01-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Is that the show with the Celebrity, Bodybuilder Chef Robert something? I could easily see him being an asshole.

I still enjoy Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. It is not exactly high class cuisine, but the show depicts the food that Americans know, love and eat. I have heard that Fieri also not a good guy, but he definitely has personality on camera and makes the show fun and somewhat interesting.
guy fieri does that show. hell some of those foods are really gourmet stuff. he was here in pittsburgh filming a bar/food where my co worker hangs. told me they ship his car via semi-truck and only drive it a few blocks!
he has a place in Ca. i do think

ldiatone
01-11-2014, 04:34 PM
If he acted in a real kitchen the way he does on those fake TV kitchens someone would undoubtedly f**k him up.

What a toolbag

EDIT: Guy Fieri is another joke. No chef worth a damn has as much product in his hair like this clown...and the backwards sunglasses on your head while actually cooking!?
GTFO here dude.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(thats what my co worker also said

ldiatone
01-11-2014, 04:42 PM
I enjoy a lot of those cooking contest shows, but they are starting to lose me because the political agenda of the networks, contestants, etc... are starting to leak into the show. I really don't care what any of these people think. I get enough of that in TV sitcoms, movies, and award shows. That's why I stopped watching of lot of that stuff. I just want to watch cooking.
try watching "bitchen Kitchen" food channel. i still like RR and Giada. at least they cook w/ some decent food. yea the shows will condense 45 mins in to 30.
and i know POT knows this one Paul Prudhomme still popular in the big easy. was at his place K-pauls a couple years back. still great stuff!

ldiatone
01-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Food network is a joke.
The people that run it probably never opened a can of Campbell's Soup.
I agree with Class - shut up, cook. I don't care about you, your damn family, what your Daddy told you, what memories this dish bring back to you - show me how and tell where to get the ingredients. What is this every dish has a story crap?
have you seen emeril lagasse BAM! on the shows latley? no! his couple of shows were good,his live w/ the audience was bad. and how bout the babe doin drugs nigella lawson! but she said only a couple of times.......those dam chefs. they always said us chefs are "Drinkers and Gamblers"........ok so there right! :eek: