PDA

View Full Version : Niners/Panthers thread

Valuist
01-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Rematch from a game back in November in San Francisco, won by Carolina 10-9.

The Niners were without Aldon Smith and Michael Crabtree in that game, and Vernon Davis got hurt in that game and missed the bulk of it. The Niners are getting guys back, while Carolina playmaker Steve Smith will probably play (listed as questionable) but have to wonder if his performance will be impacted.

I'm gonna guess the Niners put up a lot more yards than the 151 they had in November, and take their second straight road playoff game.

cj's dad
01-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Strength of schedule favors SF - Carolina played a weak schedule IMO

BetHorses!
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Thanks for posting your opinion. I have none here, pretty evenly matched, same SOS, defense both very close but I think you are right about 49ers putting up more yards this time around.

My line made Panthers -1

The other lines are tight...except imo Seahawks are too high. I made that number 5

JBmadera
01-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Niners..... :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Valuist
01-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks for posting your opinion. I have none here, pretty evenly matched, same SOS, defense both very close but I think you are right about 49ers putting up more yards this time around.

My line made Panthers -1

The other lines are tight...except imo Seahawks are too high. I made that number 5

I'm not laying points with Denver, Seattle or New England. Not sure I'll be playing all 3 dogs, but definitely won't be on the chalk. Leaning to under in Denver/San Diego.

Robert Fischer
01-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Right now I'm seeing the line as a Push?? and 78% of the money is on San Fran.

I thought the purpose of the line was to obtain equal action ?

San Francisco seems about a 3.5-4 point favorite to me.

Carolina's offense is inconsistent from what I've seen.

They don't seem to have the routine offensive production that the elite teams have, and much of their success seems to depend on "making plays".

Newton is fun to watch.

precocity
01-10-2014, 05:26 PM
think cam is going to make a statement in this game?

Ocala Mike
01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Analytically, you've got to go with SF. The wild card is Cam, and, yes, I think he's going to be who everyone's talking about after this game (one way or the other).

NJ Stinks
01-11-2014, 02:23 AM
The only thing I feel confident about in this game is the under. And, fortunately, that's on the menu. :)

Lots of talk about SF on a roll but I'm not buying it. Atlanta should have beat them in SF; Arizona had nothing to play for by halftime; and GB was life or death to beat the Bears with Rodgers. Can't trust the Panthers offense either with Smith iffy and Newton new to playoff action.

So I'm going to root for another low scoring affair and be surprised if I'm wrong.

Valuist
01-11-2014, 09:20 AM
There's one thing about the Niners that I think is being overlooked: Harbaugh really reined in Kaepernick during the season and they rarely let him run; at least compared to last year. We got to the playoffs and he ran wild last week. I think Kaep is going to have a big game on the ground, and that will open up the pass for them.

Rookies
01-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I took the Panthers 3 weeks ago to win the Bowl, but nothing will be easy, especially today!

PhantomOnTour
01-11-2014, 01:04 PM
I think San Fran is going to win easily, by 10pts or more.

I usually take the team with the best QB, and I think Kap is better

thaskalos
01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
SF wins a very close game...IMO.

ronsmac
01-11-2014, 01:55 PM
I asked 25 different people I know who's going to win , and every single one took the 49ers. That scares me.

cj's dad
01-11-2014, 02:06 PM
I asked 25 different people I know who's going to win , and every single one took the 49ers. That scares me.

Why ?Cam Newton - QB rating = 56.17
Best games passing yards = TB > 263 Jets > 261 Both games at home

This guy is not exactly setting the league on fire

ronsmac
01-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Why ?Cam Newton - QB rating = 56.17
Best games passing yards = TB > 263 Jets > 261 Both games at home

This guy is not exactly setting the league on fire
Don't forget what he does with his legs. I'm pulling for 49ers strictly for Boldin so it can be thrown back in Johnnie and ozzie's faces. I'm scared because these 25 people are rarely right.

cj's dad
01-11-2014, 03:17 PM
"Johnie" had zero to do w/ AB's release.

RXB
01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm picking SF but should be a good game.

ronsmac
01-11-2014, 06:30 PM
"Johnie" had zero to do w/ AB's release. There were a lot of rumblings that Johnnie had more to do with it than Ozzie. The 2 mil pay cut was all smoke screen. Harbaugh aka the czar, and players with strong personalities don't mix well.

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2014, 03:55 PM
I think San Fran is going to win easily, by 10pts or more.

I usually take the team with the best QB, and I think Kap is better
I also think San Fran will beat Seattle next week and win the Super Bowl too.
They are too tough and too bad for folks to deal with.

Carolina came out doing their best U of Miami impression in the first half....talkin shite and buttin' heads and all that.
Didn't work.

mountainman
01-12-2014, 05:00 PM
If Kaepernik and Newton had an ego contest, there wouldn't BE a loser.

kingfin66
01-12-2014, 06:02 PM
I also think San Fran will beat Seattle next week and win the Super Bowl too.
They are too tough and too bad for folks to deal with.

Carolina came out doing their best U of Miami impression in the first half....talkin shite and buttin' heads and all that.
Didn't work.

Last two times SF has gone to Seattle:

09/15/2013 L 29-3
12/23/2012 L 42-13

2013 NFC Passer Ratings:

Wilson 101.2
Kaepernick 91.6

Wilson beats Kaepernick across the board in passing stats:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/seasontype/2/league/nfc

As far as intangibles and leadership are concerned, is there any credible person that would take Kaepernick over Wilson?

I will go ahead and take Seattle.

By the way, weather should not be a factor next weekend as the forecast calls for 50 degrees and cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain.

TheEdge07
01-12-2014, 06:30 PM

09/15/2013 L 29-3
12/23/2012 L 42-13

2013 NFC Passer Ratings:

Wilson 101.2
Kaepernick 91.6

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/seasontype/2/league/nfc

As far as intangibles and leadership are concerned, is there any credible person that would take Kaepernick over Wilson?

By the way, weather should not be a factor next weekend as the forecast calls for 50 degrees and cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain.

Wilson isnt on the same planet as a passer..Kaepernick is the better qb..

thaskalos
01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
If SF beats Seattle next week...then I will buy a lobster dinner for all the PA members who show up this summer at the PA Saratoga get-together.

JustRalph
01-12-2014, 07:52 PM
If SF beats Seattle next week...then I will buy a lobster dinner for all the PA members who show up this summer at the PA Saratoga get-together.

That could be expensive :lol:

Maximillion
01-12-2014, 08:46 PM

Seattle no doubt have a swagger on defense and will be very tough at home....but Im seriously troubled by what I have seen from them offensively,not only yesterday(bad conditions, I know) but also the Arizona game.

They were flat out outplayed in that game IMO,and it was in their building.
The game looks very evenly matched to me.
What do you see that makes you so confident?

cj's dad
01-12-2014, 11:41 PM

You gonna be there ?

Thebigguy
01-13-2014, 01:19 AM

09/15/2013 L 29-3
12/23/2012 L 42-13

2013 NFC Passer Ratings:

Wilson 101.2
Kaepernick 91.6

100% agree. Wilson is better, hands down.

Thebigguy
01-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Seattle no doubt have a swagger on defense and will be very tough at home....but Im seriously troubled by what I have seen from them offensively,not only yesterday(bad conditions, I know) but also the Arizona game.

They were flat out outplayed in that game IMO,and it was in their building.
The game looks very evenly matched to me.
What do you see that makes you so confident?

Arizona was the hottest team in the NFL at the time. Percy Harvin was also out.