PDA

View Full Version : I guess this would put ACORN out of business

DJofSD
01-07-2014, 11:25 PM
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jborowski/proposed-irs-rules-would-stifle-free-speech?source=twitter&awesm=freedo.mw_i1R

mostpost
01-08-2014, 12:59 AM
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jborowski/proposed-irs-rules-would-stifle-free-speech?source=twitter&awesm=freedo.mw_i1R
I don't think the new rules will put ACORN out of business because ACORN no longer exists. When it did exist it did none of the things listed in the proposed IRS rules, except to conduct voter registration drives. That was legal then.

But guess who did and does all of those things. Freedom Works. And Crossroads GPS. The article says nothing about ACORN. That was you little interpretation and as usual it was totally wrong.

reckless
01-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Mostpost, what name does ACORN go by now?

Whenever a criminal organization such as ACORN gets caught in their despicable, anti-American actions, they change their name. Same thing with many other left wing groups and causes.

Robert Goren
01-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Nobody is going out of business for very long. A right wing group with a lot of money will go to court and get them thrown out because the rules effect them.

DJofSD
01-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Yes, it is always up to some right wing group to protect our liberties.

Robert Goren
01-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes, it is always up to some right wing group to protect our liberties.or the ACLU.

DJofSD
01-08-2014, 09:12 AM
or the ACLU.
:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
01-08-2014, 10:25 AM
or the ACLU.

Yup. I admit that I roll my eyes at about 85% of what the ACLU says and does these days, but that other 15% makes up for it.

Clocker
01-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Mostpost, what name does ACORN go by now?

Whenever a criminal organization such as ACORN gets caught in their despicable, anti-American actions, they change their name. Same thing with many other left wing groups and causes.

From Wiki:

As part of the effort by some chapters to stay afloat by severing ties with the national organization, members and staff of California ACORN founded a new organization, the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment, New York ACORN members and staff founded New York Communities for Change, and an offshoot of the ACORN organization called Acorn Housing changed its name to Affordable Housing Centers of America yet has retained the same tax and employee identification numbers that it held under its former name.

reckless
01-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Thanks Clocker for answering my ACORN question.

I just knew someone would help me out since I also figured that mostpost would dodge the issue altogether.

TJDave
01-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks Clocker for answering my ACORN question.

That wasn't a rhetorical question? ;)

reckless
01-08-2014, 07:51 PM
That wasn't a rhetorical question? ;)

hi TJDave,

Yes it was rhetorical. :)

I kinda knew the ACORN scheme and I again thank our friend Clocker for bringing it out to the fore. My thanks is sincere.

But I also wished to see if mostpost would dodge my question or man up and provide an answer.

hcap
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
hi TJDave,

Yes it was rhetorical. :)

I kinda knew the ACORN scheme and I again thank our friend Clocker for bringing it out to the fore. My thanks is sincere.

But I also wished to see if mostpost would dodge my question or man up and provide an answer.Since Clocker quoted wiki, allow me....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Community_Organizations_for_Reform_ Now

ACORN's voter registration drives, which it has conducted since the 1980s, have been frequently mischaracterized by supporters of Republican candidates as "voter fraud". ACORN received significant negative publicity in the wake of the 2009 production and publication of videos, which were later found to be partially falsified and selectively edited, by two conservative activists, James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles. The activists used hidden camera recordings to portray low-level ACORN employees as engaging in criminal activity, apparently advising them on how to hide prostitution activities and avoid taxes.[9] A nationwide controversy ensued, immediately resulting in a loss of funding from government and private donors,[10][11][12] including legislative amendments to spending bills in the United States House and Senate prohibiting government funding of the group.

Following the publication of the videos and withdrawal of funding, four different independent investigations by various state and city Attorneys General and the GAO released in 2009 and 2010 cleared ACORN, finding its employees had not engaged in criminal activities and that the organization had managed its federal funding appropriately, and calling the videos deceptively and selectively edited to present the workers in the worst possible light. Despite this, by March 2010, 15 of ACORN's 30 state chapters had already closed[10] and the group announced it was closing its remaining state chapters and disbanding.[13]

reckless
01-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Since Clocker quoted wiki, allow me....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Community_Organizations_for_Reform_ Now

Following the publication of the videos and withdrawal of funding, four different independent investigations by various state and city Attorney Generals and the GAO released in 2009 and 2010 cleared ACORN, finding its employees had not engaged in criminal activities and that the organization had managed its federal funding appropriately, and calling the videos deceptively and selectively edited to present the workers in the worst possible light. Despite this, by March 2010, 15 of ACORN's 30 state chapters had already closed[10] and the group announced it was closing its remaining state chapters and disbanding.[13]

What were the party affiliations 'by the various state and city Attorney Generals' that found no wrong doing?? That answer will go a long way before people are expected to believe these were truly 'independent investigations'.

Why do you believe ACORN closed down half its state chapters but then make a deceitful announcement of closing the rest of the chapters down and disbanding??

Changing the names of affiliates and organizations while dropping the hot and discredited name of ACORN isn't really civic minded nor basically honest now is it, hcap??

DJofSD
01-09-2014, 09:20 AM
It's all politics, so, no, I don't believe it.

The left would like us to believe the purist motivations exist but yet we eventually learn that is anything but the truth.

Just remember, the ends never justify the means.

Clocker
01-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Changing the names of affiliates and organizations while dropping the hot and discredited name of ACORN isn't really civic minded nor basically honest now is it, hcap??

You mean like this?

A group formed from the ruins of ACORN is hard at work signing people up for ObamaCare, and may be collecting taxpayer cash for their work despite Congress' efforts to cut the organization and its affiliates off from government funding, a watchdog group charged.

The United Labor Unions Council Local 100, a New Orleans-based nonprofit, announced last month it would take part in a multi-state "navigator" drive to help people enroll in President Obama's health care plan. The labor council was established by ACORN founder Wade Rathke after his larger group was broken up amid scandal in 2009 and banned from receiving taxpayer funds.

The government has given out $67 million in Navigator grants to help with the controversial rollout of ObamaCare. It was not clear if Local 100 got a grant of its own, but it has set up a help center with Southern United Neighborhoods, a charity founded in March 2010 with many former ACORN members, to enroll people in ObamaCare. Southern United Neighborhoods received a Navigator grant of $486,123.

Full story at Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/15/ex-acorn-operatives-collecting-taxpayer-money-to-push-obamacare/), which we all know is not a real news organization.

hcap
01-09-2014, 02:13 PM
You mean like this?

Full story at Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/15/ex-acorn-operatives-collecting-taxpayer-money-to-push-obamacare/), which we all know is not a real news organization.You used wiki, I used wiki. Now you call out your dogs?

Clocker
01-09-2014, 02:15 PM
You used wiki, I used wiki. Now you call out your dogs?

Feel free to really go to the dogs and use MSNBC.

hcap
01-09-2014, 02:19 PM
That's the way these debates go on off topic.

I suppose Acorn being cleared of any charges of wrong doing would not suffice?

DJofSD
01-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Fox. MSNBC.

MSNBC. Fox.

Both dogs, different breeds.

This (http://www.ask.com/youtube?q=two+dogs+****ing&v=KNECI10W1IE&qsrc=472) is what I think those two media outlets are attempting to do. To whom and for what reason, I'll leave as an exercise for the reader.

hcap
01-09-2014, 02:20 PM
See my above post

Clocker
01-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I suppose Acorn being cleared of any charges of wrong doing would not suffice?

Exhibit A (http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/23/the-voter-fraud-hall-of-shame-milwaukee-voter-fraud-conviction-makes-acorn%E2%80%99s-2010-total-at-least-15/)

Exhibit B (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/26/acorn-workers-convicted-admitted-guilt-election-fraud/)

DJofSD
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Now, now, two bad nuts in the nut bowl does not make all ACORNS bad. Do they? :rolleyes: