PDA

View Full Version : Aqu Jan9 - Race 8

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Gloria Victoria is the most likely winner imo. Serious wire to wire threat, but I will take a shot with the :1: Typhoon Teri, who can sit a very nice inside stalking trip and get them with her best....12-1 ML is generous but that will come down to a more realistic 7 or 8 to 1.

Teri's race two back can win this. Would love to see a repeat inside trip like she got that day.
In her last race they went pretty slow early but she was down inside of a 3 way WAR that was won by the eventual race winner. That race was for Oclm35/n2x and she seemed a bit overmatched. Concern is that the somewhat negligible drop to Oclm25/n2x isn't much class relief, but I believe she is good enough.
Even her race three back puts her in contention.
Using with:
:3: - looks a cut below these, dirt record sucks, but Rudy is the trainer now
:4: - figs say she's a contender
:5: - dueled thru slow splits in last, claimed by monster barn
:6: - wire to wire threat, merits are obvious

Hopefully the weather allows this card to go.
Looking forward to this race...any thoughts?

letswastemoney
01-07-2014, 04:05 PM
This might seem crazy, but :2: Marcy (30/1) can steal the race with an aggressive ride.

Stillriledup
01-07-2014, 06:46 PM
This might seem crazy, but :2: Marcy (30/1) can steal the race with an aggressive ride.

She's a crazy horse, that Marcy, she acts up at the gate, tries to throw herself on occasion....if you like her, keep an eye on her warming up.

Thebigguy
01-07-2014, 07:30 PM

I dont see how the 2 is at all competitive, but she will be 45-1 so best of luck.
The 6 was a huge underlay last time out, she made no sense to me then and makes no sense to me on Thursday. Maybe she is a Todd horse that is getting better, but I dont think she is much horse. Im using 3,7 in the pick 4.

pondman
01-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Phil Teator 2013 308-16-20-25

Probably be at 150-1!

Racetrack Playa
01-07-2014, 08:39 PM
:8:Victoryat Last should get a nice stalking trip, will be one of my singles in the P4

letswastemoney
01-09-2014, 01:42 AM
I dont see how the 2 is at all competitive, but she will be 45-1 so best of luck.
The 6 was a huge underlay last time out, she made no sense to me then and makes no sense to me on Thursday. Maybe she is a Todd horse that is getting better, but I dont think she is much horse. Im using 3,7 in the pick 4.
Maybe this angle won't work out here, but in dirt racing the dominant early pace figure usually wins. The early pace figure she earned in that Oct. 10 race is very strong, even if it was Finger Lakes.

The NY jockey colony is chicken for the most part. If every jockey just ignores her assuming she will come back, she will be very tough to mow down.

To simplify it, I just call this angle the Oxbow angle.

lamboguy
01-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Maybe this angle won't work out here, but in dirt racing the dominant early pace figure usually wins. The early pace figure she earned in that Oct. 10 race is very strong, even if it was Finger Lakes.

The NY jockey colony is chicken for the most part. If every jockey just ignores her assuming she will come back, she will be very tough to mow down.

To simplify it, I just call this angle the Oxbow angle.chicken? i have never seen so many jockeys ride so aggressively on the inner dirt there in my life like they have been riding this year. they are all pretty good. in the spring they will be good 2 year old riders.

letswastemoney
01-09-2014, 05:55 AM
chicken? i have never seen so many jockeys ride so aggressively on the inner dirt there in my life like they have been riding this year. they are all pretty good. in the spring they will be good 2 year old riders.
I don't see it that way. About a month ago, Jose Ortiz's ride on Itsagoodtendollars was an embarrassment, but I don't think that was an isolated occurrence, and even Andy Serling sometimes suggests on his Twitter the NY riding colony isn't the bravest.

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2014, 11:45 AM
:1: Typhoon Teri is a scratch

pondman
01-09-2014, 01:08 PM

To simplify it, I just call this angle the Oxbow angle.

She hasn't show any running ability inside.
She wants to go wide. Don't see this race being strung out with much room for mobility.

I wouldn't get caught up with the Pletcher horse. Not a race I'll bet.

:3: Motion Lounge 3-1-- should control the race. The one to beat.
:7: Hot Splash 6-1 -- good spot for this one. If you let her get up there?

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2014, 01:12 PM
I partly chose this race to attack because it's "Jacobson free" :D

Still likely to play it if I can find value, even though my main gal scratched.

ldiatone
01-09-2014, 01:19 PM
:7:

deathandgravity
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
my db profile says it's down to the :5: & :6:
Slight advantage to the :5: due to 1st after claim & CC, but I won't bet either due to both have neg ROI.

Going with the :2: as a long-shot/hunch play

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Pletcher's :6: opens at 1-4 odds :eek:

I like the :4: Motion Lounge - my top fig runner at 9-2 odds

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Nice call on Hot Splash guys

the #4 was very dull :ThmbDown:

deathandgravity
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
:7:
:ThmbUp:

letswastemoney
01-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Marcy ran well for a 38/1 shot even though she finished third. I can stomach losses easier when I bet a speed horse sent to the lead.

In two different instances today, Race 2 and Race 6, I knew my pick was done by the first quarter because they failed to secure the lead off a moderate pace, most notably the ride on Rosemarie.