PDA

View Full Version : Boss napping

JustRalph
01-07-2014, 06:09 AM
http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/24374207/restive-staff-seize-bosses-at-french-goodyear-site

Kidnap your boss...........French Style

Dave Schwartz
01-07-2014, 10:57 AM
LOL - First thing is that I thought "napping" meant sleeping. :lol:

When I read the article I was appalled at the idea that workers would demand a company keep open a business that was losing money so that they could continue to get paid.

Are people that illogical?
(Apparently so.)

Mystic
01-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Freed :)

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/07/22213760-goodyear-managers-freed-after-overnight-boss-napping-siege-in-france?lite

DJofSD
01-07-2014, 01:49 PM
I'd suggest to management that from now on, all meetings take place at 4 star establishments and not a local Goodyear office.

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Didn't they do that in 9 To 5 ?

mostpost
01-07-2014, 02:34 PM
LOL - First thing is that I thought "napping" meant sleeping. :lol:

When I read the article I was appalled at the idea that workers would demand a company keep open a business that was losing money so that they could continue to get paid.

Are people that illogical?
(Apparently so.)
Who says they are losing money? Goodyear's profits in 2012 doubled over 2011. When Goodyear says the business is not sustainable, what it means is that it can make even bigger profits by closing this plant and opening a factory in a third world country.

Their attitude is summed up in this quote from an American asshole found in the story JR linked to.
The factory and its nearly 1,200 workers have become an emblem of France's labor issues. Last year, an outspoken American executive who had considered taking it over derided the staff as overpaid loafers.

"The French workforce gets paid high wages but works only three hours. They get one hour for breaks and lunch, talk for three and work for three," Maurice Taylor, the CEO of Titan tires, wrote to a French government official.

DJofSD
01-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Their attitude is summed up in this quote from an American asshole found in the story JR linked to.

The factory and its nearly 1,200 workers have become an emblem of France's labor issues. Last year, an outspoken American executive who had considered taking it over derided the staff as overpaid loafers.

"The French workforce gets paid high wages but works only three hours. They get one hour for breaks and lunch, talk for three and work for three," Maurice Taylor, the CEO of Titan tires, wrote to a French government official.
You assume it's not true.

I take him at his word.

I would not blame any company for wanting more productivity.

Dave Schwartz
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Why would they want to close a company that was making money?

Why do YOU think they want to close the company?

Tom
01-07-2014, 09:24 PM
French loafers?
I prefer Nike's.