PDA

View Full Version : HRTV Streaming

FiveWide
01-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Does anyone stream HRTV from the internet? I'm thinking about dropping my cable, go regular HD antenna for local channels and stream HRTV. Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated.

thx in advance,
-Five

ManU918
01-06-2014, 08:29 PM
I do....I have Comcast (dont carry HRTV) so I stream it... It's a channel stream so whats on tv is what you see. On top of that you get a bunch of videos that you can watch at anytime that I'm not sure you get unless your a subscriber (replays of shows, interviews, etc).

Works perfect for me because I don't use an ADW... I go to the track to put my bets in and come home and watch... So I usually have TVG on the tv and HRTV either streaming on my iPad, desktop or laptop.

JustRalph
01-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I do....I have Comcast (dont carry HRTV) so I stream it... It's a channel stream so whats on tv is what you see. On top of that you get a bunch of videos that you can watch at anytime that I'm not sure you get unless your a subscriber (replays of shows, interviews, etc).

Works perfect for me because I don't use an ADW... I go to the track to put my bets in and come home and watch... So I usually have TVG on the tv and HRTV either streaming on my iPad, desktop or laptop.

You must live very close to a track

affirmedny
01-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Does anyone stream HRTV from the internet? I'm thinking about dropping my cable, go regular HD antenna for local channels and stream HRTV. Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated.

thx in advance,
-Five

Get Google chromecast, it will be the best $35 you ever spent. You'll be able to watch the stream on your tv.

ManU918
01-06-2014, 09:31 PM
You must live very close to a track

I love close to a track and close to an OTB.

FiveWide
01-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Get Google chromecast, it will be the best $35 you ever spent. You'll be able to watch the stream on your tv.

Can you tell me more about chromecast. I thought it only worked with Hulu, Netflix and something else.

-Five

affirmedny
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Can you tell me more about chromecast. I thought it only worked with Hulu, Netflix and something else.

-Five

if you use the chrome browser you can stream any page. i stream from tvg and twinspires.

FiveWide
01-06-2014, 11:16 PM
if you use the chrome browser you can stream any page. i stream from tvg and twinspires.

When streaming tvg and twinspires does the sound stream to your tv as well or does the sound come from your pc?

-Five

redshift1
01-07-2014, 12:38 AM
When streaming tvg and twinspires does the sound stream to your tv as well or does the sound come from your pc?

-Five

From the TV.

Driver8
01-07-2014, 01:14 PM
I just lost TVG from my cable provider (Uverse). Is there a way to stream the channel TVG from chromecast? I have Roku and I can't seem to find it.

FiveWide
01-07-2014, 07:41 PM
I just lost TVG from my cable provider (Uverse). Is there a way to stream the channel TVG from chromecast? I have Roku and I can't seem to find it.

From what I understand about chromecast from previous posters you should be able to IF TVG streams their signal. That I'm not sure about but I haven't checked their website. I went to HRTV and they do stream.

-Five

Clocker
01-07-2014, 07:58 PM
From what I understand about chromecast from previous posters you should be able to IF TVG streams their signal. That I'm not sure about but I haven't checked their website. I went to HRTV and they do stream.

-Five

As far as I could tell from the web site, TVG only streams to account holders. They don't seem to offer the streaming for a monthly fee like HRTV does.