PDA

View Full Version : Retirement Thread

nijinski
01-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I thought I'd start one rather than a new one for each horse .

Starting off with 9 yo Rail Trip . He will be on his way to Old Friends
mid January . He will be missed on the track but it must be time .

Grade I winner Rail Trip is headed for retirement at Old Friends farm in Kentucky, owner Samantha Siegel confirmed Jan. 5.

Winner of the 2009 TVG/Betfair Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), Rail Trip is retiring sound, Siegel said by phone, adding, "I think he's gotten too smart" to continue racing him.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/82678/rail-trip-retired-bound-for-old-friends#ixzz2pZPW1Ghe

classhandicapper
01-05-2014, 06:51 PM
I was thinking about him earlier in the day while contemplating giving examples of others that IMO should be retired. Good call to retire him.

JustRalph
01-05-2014, 06:56 PM
An example of mis-management ?

phattty
01-05-2014, 07:39 PM
from usta

Forest Vic A, having never won a race at the Meadowlands in his 14 years, got his nose on the wire simultaneously with Road Untraveled to dead heat for the win and close out his career on the highest of high notes. Forest Vic A was campaigned by Karen Garland for Night Rogue Racing Stable, Bruce Kay and Steve Smith, who was in the bike for the gelding’s last trip around the oval.

he was timed in 1;50;3

NOT BAD FOR A 14 YR OLD

Knowclew
01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
from usta

Forest Vic A, having never won a race at the Meadowlands in his 14 years, got his nose on the wire simultaneously with Road Untraveled to dead heat for the win and close out his career on the highest of high notes. Forest Vic A was campaigned by Karen Garland for Night Rogue Racing Stable, Bruce Kay and Steve Smith, who was in the bike for the gelding’s last trip around the oval.

he was timed in 1;50;3

NOT BAD FOR A 14 YR OLD

Very cool way to end his career.....and the time is sick!!!!!!!

nijinski
01-05-2014, 08:28 PM
An example of mis-management ?

Many gaps his career . mpre of that ankle problem than we know ??

Mystic
01-05-2014, 08:44 PM
from usta

he was timed in 1;50;3

NOT BAD FOR A 14 YR OLD

Found this on DRF

http://www.drf.com/news/jay-bergman-retirement-comes-too-soon-standardbreds

nijinski
01-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Many here remember Unbridled Danger .
He was retired and is safe and sound . There were many
discussions about him while he was still on the track . I found
this entry regarding him. I believe from 6/13

NYTHA'S TAKE THE LEAD Thoroughbred Retirement Program welcomed its newest retiree this morning. Thanks to TTL and owner/trainer Matthew Peebles, the 10-year-old Unbridled Danger is heading to Akindale Thoroughbred Rescue for his second career. By Unbridled's Song, the grey started 113 times, winning $341,978.

:)