PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Sun. 01/05/2014

Teach
01-05-2014, 10:32 AM
"We're having a heat wave, a tropical wave, the temperature's rising..."

It actually felt "comfy" on my morning walk. I breezed the mile in 14:13.4 on a slippery, slushy surface from the gate (actually the telephone pole). Oh, the "dogs" were up; I had to walk toward the middle of the road. That has its perils, too.

I hope to be back before the start of "The Big A's" first race at 12:25. However, today is "return day". You see, in my household, my wife buys, I return (all the clerks on the return desk know me). My wife says that if should could return me...she would. Only problem: She claims she wouldn't get much.

Hope to be back in time for first post.

Teach

Teach
01-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Race One:

In the opener, I like :5: Saint Arthur. I gotta believe this Candy Stripes-bred ridgling can carry his speed for five and one-half panels. The turn back should help. I'm picking him on top here; I believe he should be no worse than second. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is a solid jockey. Trainer Carlos Martin is having a good meet. The horse is dropping in class; he finished third against better in his last. The ridgling has hit the tote in seven out of nine lifetime tries.

Others to consider are: :4: Cay to Pomeroy; :7: Pleasure Principle; :1: Upward.

Teach
01-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Personal observation: :4: Cay to Pomeroy looks good on the racetrack. Good Luck!

Teach
01-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Race Two:

:7: Lincoln Flyer is my looking-for-value, upset try in the second race. Admittedly, :4: Political Farce looks best; will be tough to beat. A couple other horses to consider are: :8: Oghma and :2: Keyaly.

Teach
01-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Race Three:

:5: Carried Interest rates my nod in this tough-to-handicap, short-field race. This Jose Ortiz-ridden colt is coming off a second start off a layoff. Rick Violette is very good in that category. A second choice is the Linda Rice-trainee, :2: Abra. He turns back and drops down. Third in Gravesend.

Teach
01-05-2014, 01:22 PM
:5: Carried Interest just relieved himself - good sign.

Teach
01-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Race Four:

:5: Midnight Missile gets my tepid nod in this maiden-special route. I'm willing to give this A.P. Indy-bred a second chance as he stretches out a couple panels (I believe this is his preferred distance). I just don't think this late-blooming 4 year-old was able to get his act together in time in his last. He should appreciate the increased distance of ground.

Others that I believe have a chance here are: :3: No Nukes; :8: My Teddy Bear and :2: Sir Maurice.

Teach
01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Race Five:

:5: Taylor Jagger looks much the best here. Drops down. Others to consider are: :9: Get Gorgeous; :3: Mary Ann's Kitchen :1: Our Day In Court.

Teach
01-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Race Six:

:2: Crafty Dreamer is my attempt to beat "the logical" (more on that, later). Crafty Dreamer is coming off an impressive win; I don't see why this lightly-raced Danzig-bred 5 year-old can't come right back. Sharp recent work. :7: Be Bullish looks like the logical horse; yet, I think he's vulnerable. Hard to quantify, yet I think he can be beaten. That said: I would not leave him out of your exotics. A couple other horses to consider are; :6: Dehere of the Cat and :3: Towering Moon.

Teach
01-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Race Seven:

:7: Chasing Moonlight is my pick here The 6 year-old gelding "bounced" off a solid effort two races back. If he reprises that effort of December 13, he will be a factor here. Switch to Jonathan Zayas should help. Other to consider are: :1: Litigate; :4: Majestic Number; :3: Tummel

Exotic1
01-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Like your #7, #8 may clear. Why are they betting the #1?

Exotic1
01-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Thought rider change on #7 would be an improvement.

Teach
01-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Race Eight:

:7: Mischief Maker is my pick here. I'm not a big "chalk player," but this mare appears to be the best in this ungraded New York State-bred stakes. Others I'm looking at are: :4: Tahoe Tigress; the entry, :1: / :1a: and finally :8: Hot Rendezvous

Teach
01-05-2014, 03:46 PM
:7: Mischief Maker's ears perked; looks good on the track. Nice stride in her gallop.

Teach
01-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Race Nine:

In the finale, I like :9: Starship Elusive. Others: :3: Another Sparky; :7: My Page; :8: Go Olivia Go.

Teach
01-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Why don't they get another peace of heavy equipment, put the broken-down one in neutral and push it off the track before the sun goes down.

Teach
01-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Are they paying out the Pick 6? I'm waiting to hear John Imbriale. Not that I have it!

PhantomOnTour
01-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Why don't they get another peace of heavy equipment, put the broken-down one in neutral and push it off the track before the sun goes down.
They ever heard of a tow truck?
or a tow tractor? :D

what a joke

Teach
01-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Agreed!

Teach
01-05-2014, 04:56 PM
The only thing I can remember that equates with this is several years at ago at Suffolk Downs the tractor that pulls the starting gate out of the way in a route race (starts in front of grandstand) broke down. They had to flag down the riders. I don't believe anyone was hurt.

Oh, another incident, similar in many respects, occurred at Scarborough Downs. The starter's car broke down just as the announcer was to say: "Therrrrre They Go!" Again, thankfully, I don't believe either horse or driver was injured.

duncan04
01-05-2014, 05:07 PM
NY state law prevents races from being run after sunset per @DRFGrening on twitter