Trying to update my db for 2013.

Fairplex Park

Tom
01-04-2014, 05:51 PM
That was fast!
Thanks, JB.

Ocala Mike
01-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Actually, the old, old name was just Pomona or LA County Fair at Pomona. Fairplex was not its original name, but its first reincarnation. Some oldtimers still just call it Pomona, not having gotten used to the Fairplex designation. Now it'll be BSR.

picojim
01-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Actually, the old, old name was just Pomona or LA County Fair at Pomona. Fairplex was not its original name, but its first reincarnation. Some oldtimers still just call it Pomona, not having gotten used to the Fairplex designation. Now it'll be BSR.

curious how they came up with the abbreviation of BSR

is it Barretts Sales Racetrack?

jballscalls
01-04-2014, 09:09 PM
curious how they came up with the abbreviation of BSR

is it Barretts Sales Racetrack?

I believe it's Barretts Sales and Racing

picojim
01-04-2014, 09:13 PM
I believe it's Barretts Sales and Racing

thanks...makes sense

BlueShoe
01-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Some oldtimers still just call it Pomona, not having gotten used to the Fairplex designation.
I am one of them. For many years it was a half miler, darned if I can pinpoint the year it was was expanded to 5/8ths or name changed to Fairplex. Will never call it Barretts, it is still Pomona to me, rarely Fairplex. Am a stubborn traditionalist, and stick to original track names. Hollywood Park will always be just that, never that horrible name they stuck in front of it. Parx is still Philly Park, or sometimes even Keystone, if any of you were around when it was called that.

Fingal
01-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Some oldtimers still just call it Pomona, not having gotten used to the Fairplex designation.

OMG- I'm an oldtimer. :faint:
And I'll never call it Barretts, that's who holds the sales out there.

I was just thinking this morning about that Parx thing as Philly Park was the 1st ADW I had, actually it was only because at the time it was a grey area if it could legally take bets from California residents. Alas that only lasted a few months, but it was good while it lasted.

Pensacola Pete
01-05-2014, 01:41 AM
The track went from a half mile to 5/8 in 1985 and was renamed Fairplex in 1986.