PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of this guy or had any experience with him?

PaceAdvantage
01-04-2014, 01:39 PM
http://www.lockeinyoursuccess.com/

I found a presentation by him online and got the gist of his early M3 trading plan.

http://optionstribe.com/2012/07/recording-m3-trading-system-john-locke/

Having dabbled in selling premium in 2013, I liked what he was putting forth in that free video on optionstribe, and was wondering on the off chance if anyone else has encountered him.

badcompany
01-04-2014, 05:48 PM
http://www.lockeinyoursuccess.com/

I found a presentation by him online and got the gist of his early M3 trading plan.

http://optionstribe.com/2012/07/recording-m3-trading-system-john-locke/

Having dabbled in selling premium in 2013, I liked what he was putting forth in that free video on optionstribe, and was wondering on the off chance if anyone else has encountered him.

Not familiar with his work, but if he's typical of "Gurus," he's found it more profitable to sell his systems than to use them.

PaceAdvantage
01-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Not familiar with his work, but if he's typical of "Gurus," he's found it more profitable to sell his systems than to use them.True, as we all know from our handicapping experience...

There are guys out there though who are worthwhile...same as horses...they are just few and far between...

Tape Reader
01-04-2014, 07:09 PM
There are many mentors out there that are well worth the money. Trouble is, being human, most of us want to believe the ridicule, so we can justify not wanting to spend the money.

I have spent thousands of dollars over the years on good stuff. One guy in particular, out of MI, forty years ago, would send me testimonials from students that also bought the product he was trying to sell me. Some of those students are very well known on Wall Street today.

badcompany
01-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Are you for real?

The stock market has more con men, hustlers and leeches than any industry in the history of the planet. People have every right to be and should be ultra-suspicious of anyone trying to sell them ANYTHING, in this game.

thaskalos
01-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Are you for real?

The stock market has more con men, hustlers and leeches than any industry in the history of the planet. People have every right to be and should be ultra-suspicious of anyone trying to sell them ANYTHING, in this game.

I don't know about that...there have been a few quality products put up for sale, which have helped many people find prosperity in the financial markets.

Who could forget the great Ken Roberts, who made millions some years ago by selling a commodity trading course which he called The World's Most Powerful Money Manual & Course?

The great Jake Bernstein also comes to mind...

lamboguy
01-05-2014, 04:08 AM
all i want is the same guy that taught Hillary Clinton how to trade cattle futures. for those that recall those days, she had the most unbelievable trading run every known to man. it was like the equivalent of a race horse trainer winning 50 straight races.

DJofSD
01-05-2014, 09:31 AM
all i want is the same guy that taught Hillary Clinton how to trade cattle futures. for those that recall those days, she had the most unbelievable trading run every known to man. it was like the equivalent of a race horse trainer winning 50 straight races.
You're dating yourself! And, I remember that issued being ignored by the press, so, I'm dating myself too.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Mike, I do not completely understand options beyond the very basics. I look at things and attempt broaden my knowledge but always end up with the gut level feeling I am missing something. So, I do not even dip my toe in the option market waters.

But having said that, have you looked at OptionMonster.com?

RaceBookJoe
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
I don't know about that...there have been a few quality products put up for sale, which have helped many people find prosperity in the financial markets.

Who could forget the great Ken Roberts, who made millions some years ago by selling a commodity trading course which he called The World's Most Powerful Money Manual & Course?

The great Jake Bernstein also comes to mind...

My dad bought that Ken Roberts one, I think I still have it here somewhere. iirc you added contracts as you profited, or something to that effect.

Robert Goren
01-05-2014, 10:19 AM
You're dating yourself! And, I remember that issued being ignored by the press, so, I'm dating myself too.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Mike, I do not completely understand options beyond the very basics. I look at things and attempt broaden my knowledge but always end up with the gut level feeling I am missing something. So, I do not even dip my toe in the option market waters.

But having said that, have you looked at OptionMonster.com?Really, it was probably the most covered futures transactions in history. You certainly found out them and so did everybody else. You are confusing "not knowing" with "not giving a shit."

DJofSD
01-05-2014, 11:48 AM
You are confusing "not knowing" with "not giving a shit."

The only confusion is why, in the current discussion about income inequality, this shining example of a double standard, is allowed to go unnoticed. Let's hear more about how the champions such as Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton exemplify the such.

But then this thread is suppose to be about things in the financial markets.

reckless
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM

I don't believe anyone taught Hillary how to trade cattle futures.

According to the smartest woman on earth, she simply read the Wall Street Journal, and that's how she developed this unique trading acumen.

Of course, despite what our friend Robert Goren claims, as usual, the press did not make any issue of that scandal, especially ignoring her snarky comments whenever she's questioned about anything.

RaceBookJoe
01-05-2014, 05:51 PM
To the original question, I have heard of Locke but don't know enough of him to recommend. The only options stuff I have ever done is going long calls/puts, covered calls, or doing bull put/bear call spreads..nothing overly fancy.