PDA

View Full Version : I just saw something I liked ...

whodoyoulike
01-03-2014, 04:41 PM
I've noticed watching certain tracks on TVG, they show a graphic of all horses position using their numbers as the race is running around the track. I like this feature. It appears to be accurate. Why don't all tracks utilize this for all races? Does anyone know how this is done? Is it Trakus related? Is it costly to implement? Thanks,

Pensacola Pete
01-03-2014, 05:12 PM
I've noticed watching certain tracks on TVG, they show a graphic of all horses position using their numbers as the race is running around the track. I like this feature. It appears to be accurate. Why don't all tracks utilize this for all races? Does anyone know how this is done? Is it Trakus related? Is it costly to implement? Thanks,

It's done through Trakus by a process called multilateration. It's done by micochips attached to the saddlecloths.

Here's a laman-friendly description of the process:

http://horseracing.about.com/od/latestnews/a/aatrakus.htm

whodoyoulike
01-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the link. I've always tried to acknowledge good work or ideas. Let's people know when they are doing something well. I prefer visuals and this will only help people enjoy watching horse racing.

Some_One
01-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Some tracks opt to show the chicklets in race (Kee, Wo), some show just a row of numbers instead (Del Mar comes to mind)