PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream 9th

lamboguy
01-03-2014, 03:35 PM
#1 COUSIN STEPHAN looks like he came out of 2 pretty decent races in New York winning on his second try. he's been working up in Palm Meadow's getting ready for this start. i think he will improve a tad and could win this race.

lamboguy
01-04-2014, 09:47 AM
#1 COUSIN STEPHAN looks like he came out of 2 pretty decent races in New York winning on his second try. he's been working up in Palm Meadow's getting ready for this start. i think he will improve a tad and could win this race.
ran a very poor 4th

Redboard
01-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Now wait one minute, that was my bet that finished fourth, #7Ichiban Warrior. I know because he blew my pick 4. I believe COUSIN STEPHAN came in fifth.

:)
How about the winner, Todd Pletcher's Commissioner? Really impressed me with the late kick. AP Indy colt. Derby trail material IMO.

lamboguy
01-04-2014, 11:16 AM
my good buddy, they pay exactly the same, special congrats to you for picking in front of me! i suck

Bennie
01-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Redboard- Commissioner was one of the horses I took in Futures Pool #1 at 33-1 and boxed him with the field. Another one is running today at Aqueduct by the name of Noble Moon. The funny thing is that Noble Moon closed around 60-1 and will go off the probable favorite in a stakes race, while Commissioner ran yesterday in an allowance race and paid $15.

Robert Fischer
01-06-2014, 03:31 AM
That was a good race.

Cousin Stephen had to chase the 7 when the pace finally picked up, and while he was chasing, the top 2 finishers got to flow up along that gold rail. He got even with the 7, but he just didn't quite explode into the lane, and he flattened out.

He's a versatile type of horse who could run on any surface, so it will be interesting to see if Brown gives him a work or prep race on turf to try to put the finishing touches. Either way he's likely still improving, and that was a very good race with four stakes horses.

Redboard
01-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Redboard- Commissioner was one of the horses I took in Futures Pool #1 at 33-1 and boxed him with the field. Another one is running today at Aqueduct by the name of Noble Moon. The funny thing is that Noble Moon closed around 60-1 and will go off the probable favorite in a stakes race, while Commissioner ran yesterday in an allowance race and paid $15.

Noble Moon looked good for his first race of the year. He definitely doesn't mind the rail. Your bets are looking as good as any in the Futures Pool.

:ThmbUp: