PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl outdoors

TheEdge07
01-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Agree or Disagree with the NFL decision to play the Super Bowl outdoors in NY?

If it was being played this weekend what a absolute nightmare..:bang:

RunForTheRoses
01-02-2014, 04:39 PM
It is probably OK for a once a decade or two thing but it should mostly be played in warm weather or a Dome.

Valuist
01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I disagree with the NFL. The game should be played under conditions where weather has no impact on the game. No logical reason for the Super Bowl to be in New York (or Jersey).

ldiatone
01-02-2014, 05:28 PM
farmers almanac stated that week end would b sunny and mild :rolleyes:

JustRalph
01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
It could be a Monmouth Breeders Cup moment

If it snows or rains like hell, it'll be the last outdoor Super Bowl

Ocala Mike
01-02-2014, 06:11 PM
The game should be played under conditions where weather has no impact on the game.

I respectfully disagree. Since weather has an impact on many games throughout the regular season, I have no problem with a Super Bowl played in rain/snow/cold/fog, etc. After all, our sport (horse racing) has no requirement for race conditions being clear/fast/72 degrees all the time. It's part of racing, just as it's part of the NFL.

Tape Reader
01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
It’s football! Not nicey-nice, all children will get a trophy.

PaceAdvantage
01-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Agree with Ocala Mike and Tape Reader 100%

Stillriledup
01-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Lets play in mud, dirt, rain, wind, cold and snow.....football is supposed to be "cue John Facenda" a MANS GAME.

Played by MEN.

NJ Stinks
01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I disagree with the NFL. The game should be played under conditions where weather has no impact on the game. No logical reason for the Super Bowl to be in New York (or Jersey).

Agree 100%.

I hope all the fools who buy tickets to this game suffer because of the weather.

Why? Because they deserve to.

Tape Reader
01-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Agree 100%.

I hope all the fools who buy tickets to this game suffer because of the weather.

Why? Because they deserve to.

“Suffer“ is a word that any pro, would be too embarrassed to utter.

Jay Trotter
01-02-2014, 09:43 PM
I realize I might be stepping on it a bit here but I'll put in my two cents worth and then run like hell......

For years and years the Canadian Football League (CFL) would only hold the Grey Cup (League Championship) in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal -- the largest cities with warmer weather or indoor stadiums. Starting in 1984 the powers that be finally decided to let some of the other league cities host the championship.

The 1984 Grey Cup was held in Edmonton, Alberta. It was a huge success. I was actually living in Edmonton at the time and attended the game. This was now a cold weather outdoor game but the week long festivities were huge as the show became a big deal in the small pond.

From that point forward the game has been spread around to all the league cities and in general it's a bigger celebration in the smaller cities/venues. Weather is a big part of football and in my opinion it's actually a shame that the NFL Championship is only played in perfect indoor conditions. Assuming the weather isn't a complete bust I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised by the success you'll see.

Side Note: I realize the CFL isn't the NFL but the thinking can be applied.