PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct 'Caps: Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014

Teach
01-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Race One:

Tough race to handicap. I’ve looked it over for fifteen minutes, still can’t make heads nor tails. I’m treading lightly. A case can be made for several horses.

:7: Terminus. I like the trainer; I like the jockey. Irad Ortiz, Jr. has been hot, lately. Finished second in last. If the track is labeled "good" (snow flurries in the area), I like, even better, this Go for Gin-bred. Fits well in this company.

Others: :4: Pin Number won his last in this company; :5: Dighton has faced better; another horse who will benefit from any moisture. :1: Exporter drops in class; possibly completes a gimmick.

Race Two:

I like the “outside” horses: #s 4 through 8.

:5: Shanks for Nothin is my pick in this maiden-claiming sprint. Third in his last. Switches to high percentage jockey. Jeremiah Englehart is good when moving up a class. :4: Eltanin is first-time starter out of the red-hot Eddie Kenneally barn. Decent morning works. :7: Sweet Lover got caught wide and couldn’t mount a rally. A better trip could put this colt in contention. Shouldn’t overlook; switch to Irad Ortiz, Jr. is significant. :8: Holyicious is dropping two classes. Curious. Trainer Kelly Breen is good in that category.

Race Three:

:3: She’s Stone Sis looks like the major contender in this optional claiming sprint. Cuts back two panels. Her last race, a mile isn’t her optimal distance. Bruce Levine is good with route-to-sprint. Jockey Jose Ortiz helps. :1: Dee Dee’s Comet won her last on a wet track. Any moisture should help. Will likely have to circle field. :4: Jitney may be “the sleeper” here; might just surprise, at a price. :6: Eyes of Midas won his last. She might well be “on the engine” from her outside post. Could complete a gimmick.

Race Four:

:2: Lil Tiffy looks likes she wants to stretch out. Has campaigned against better. Second start off a layoff. Trainer Greg Matties is good with 2nd layoff starts. Others to consider: :9: Coralita is dropping sharply. It appears her connections have tried everything without much success. The Lemon Drop Kid-bred filly would benefit from any moisture. :5: Isn’tshewonderful stretches out; that may help. Might help in exotics. :7: Pegasus Beba did nothing in a slightly- higher caliber sprint. Adds blinkers. Willing to give her a chance.

Race Five:

:8: Wise Guide finished third versus tougher in his last. Appears to fit well in what I see as a wide-open race. Trainer John Kimmel is good with horses that have been away for several weeks. :5: Pegasus Red has been campaigning at Finger Lakes and has hit the board with regularity. Didn’t do well on muddy track in last. Two other horses worthy of consideration are: :3: I’m Wide Awake (he’s faced better in the past) and :2: Grahamandwithers has hit a dry spell, lately; certainly capable of getting the distance.

Race Six:

In this New York State maiden-claiming sprint I like a longshot possibility that’s listed at 12-1 on the morning line. I’m talking about :7: Fictionalcharacter. The first-time gelding has turned in some very decent morning works. His dam, No Other Like You, had four winners from four starters. Might just represent some value. Watch in saddling area and on the track. Others to consider: :9: Maybry’s Challenge should be out going when the gates open; he’ll play catch me if you can; :2: Executive Office, the Linda Rice claim, is certainly a factor. There is, as cited in the DRF, a “suspicious class drop”; also the gelding hasn’t raced in nearly four months. :3: Campion Lane was third in his last against similar. The Forty Niner-bred gelding appears to fit well in this company.

Race Seven:

:5: Fiona’s Hero should be closing late. Has hit tote in last two. Trainer Michelle Nevin is good with dirt races. Jose Ortiz in the irons. Others to consider are: :9: Anaphylaxis was closing his last against similar. Has faced non-graded stakes competition in the past. :6: Media Kid won his last. He’s stepping up but still could be a factor. :1a: Force Multiplier won his last. He’s also stepping up but might get part.

Race Eight:

:7: Madre Ditutticapi just missed against similar in her last; any slight improvement.. Also: :5: Talent n Passion has the early speed. Shortening up a half-panel helps. :4: Cape Cod Carol has hit the board consistently; figures to be part. :3: Kara’s Match Point has not raced in a month and a half, yet she’s most capable of making her presence felt here.

Race Nine:

:3: Cool It is dropping down the claiming ranks. Had been running on the turf in maiden-specials prior to that. Should be very much a factor in this company. Others: :7: Little T. Louie has faced better. Might surprise, yet, trainer has done little. Maybe a minor award. :4: King Gettigan is also dropping down. Does add blinkers. Angel Arroyo for Gary Contessa. :2: Space Hero has admittedly shown little; yet he drops out of maiden-specials into the “selling” ranks.

SansuiSC
01-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Race One:

Tough race to handicap. I’ve looked it over for fifteen minutes, still can’t make heads nor tails. I’m treading lightly. A case can be made for several horses.

:7: Terminus. I like the trainer; I like the jockey. Irad Ortiz, Jr. has been hot, lately. Finished second in last. If the track is labeled "good" (snow flurries in the area), I like, even better, this Go for Gin-bred. Fits well in this company.

Others: :4: Pin Number won his last in this company; :5: Dighton has faced better; another horse who will benefit from any moisture. :1: Exporter drops in class; possibly completes a gimmick.

Race Two:

I like the “outside” horses: #s 4 through 8.

:5: Shanks for Nothin is my pick in this maiden-claiming sprint. Third in his last. Switches to high percentage jockey. Jeremiah Englehart is good when moving up a class. :4: Eltanin is first-time starter out of the red-hot Eddie Kenneally barn. Decent morning works. :7: Sweet Lover got caught wide and couldn’t mount a rally. A better trip could put this colt in contention. Shouldn’t overlook; switch to Irad Ortiz, Jr. is significant. :8: Holyicious is dropping two classes. Curious. Trainer Kelly Breen is good in that category.

Race Three:

:3: She’s Stone Sis looks like the major contender in this optional claiming sprint. Cuts back two panels. Her last race, a mile isn’t her optimal distance. Bruce Levine is good with route-to-sprint. Jockey Jose Ortiz helps. :1: Dee Dee’s Comet won her last on a wet track. Any moisture should help. Will likely have to circle field. :4: Jitney may be “the sleeper” here; might just surprise, at a price. :6: Eyes of Midas won his last. She might well be “on the engine” from her outside post. Could complete a gimmick.

Race Four:

:2: Lil Tiffy looks likes she wants to stretch out. Has campaigned against better. Second start off a layoff. Trainer Greg Matties is good with 2nd layoff starts. Others to consider: :9: Coralita is dropping sharply. It appears her connections have tried everything without much success. The Lemon Drop Kid-bred filly would benefit from any moisture. :5: Isn’tshewonderful stretches out; that may help. Might help in exotics. :7: Pegasus Beba did nothing in a slightly- higher caliber sprint. Adds blinkers. Willing to give her a chance.

Race Five:

:8: Wise Guide finished third versus tougher in his last. Appears to fit well in what I see as a wide-open race. Trainer John Kimmel is good with horses that have been away for several weeks. :5: Pegasus Red has been campaigning at Finger Lakes and has hit the board with regularity. Didn’t do well on muddy track in last. Two other horses worthy of consideration are: :3: I’m Wide Awake (he’s faced better in the past) and :2: Grahamandwithers has hit a dry spell, lately; certainly capable of getting the distance.

Race Six:

In this New York State maiden-claiming sprint I like a longshot possibility that’s listed at 12-1 on the morning line. I’m talking about :7: Fictionalcharacter. The first-time gelding has turned in some very decent morning works. His dam, No Other Like You, had four winners from four starters. Might just represent some value. Watch in saddling area and on the track. Others to consider: :9: Maybry’s Challenge should be out going when the gates open; he’ll play catch me if you can; :2: Executive Office, the Linda Rice claim, is certainly a factor. There is, as cited in the DRF, a “suspicious class drop”; also the gelding hasn’t raced in nearly four months. :3: Campion Lane was third in his last against similar. The Forty Niner-bred gelding appears to fit well in this company.

Race Seven:

:5: Fiona’s Hero should be closing late. Has hit tote in last two. Trainer Michelle Nevin is good with dirt races. Jose Ortiz in the irons. Others to consider are: :9: Anaphylaxis was closing his last against similar. Has faced non-graded stakes competition in the past. :6: Media Kid won his last. He’s stepping up but still could be a factor. :1a: Force Multiplier won his last. He’s also stepping up but might get part.

Race Eight:

:7: Madre Ditutticapi just missed against similar in her last; any slight improvement.. Also: :5: Talent n Passion has the early speed. Shortening up a half-panel helps. :4: Cape Cod Carol has hit the board consistently; figures to be part. :3: Kara’s Match Point has not raced in a month and a half, yet she’s most capable of making her presence felt here.

Race Nine:

:3: Cool It is dropping down the claiming ranks. Had been running on the turf in maiden-specials prior to that. Should be very much a factor in this company. Others: :7: Little T. Louie has faced better. Might surprise, yet, trainer has done little. Maybe a minor award. :4: King Gettigan is also dropping down. Does add blinkers. Angel Arroyo for Gary Contessa. :2: Space Hero has admittedly shown little; yet he drops out of maiden-specials into the “selling” ranks.

I think they will race today but probably move post times up a bit. Heavy snows predicted to start late afternoon/early evening. JMO GL
I'm not handicapping Friday's card. I'm sure there will be no racing based on local forecasts.