PDA

View Full Version : Pick 4 Post-mortems & Ticket Construction Discussion

Ted Craven
12-31-2013, 04:56 PM
This will be a thread - hopefully educational - where Pick 4 winners are invited to share their analysis process for the benefits of those seeking to learn more. Including how the specific horses in a leg were identified (or horses eliminated) and then how a ticket was constructed.

Presumably post-race.

Ted

lamboguy
12-31-2013, 06:00 PM
i just want to say this. i have never played any type of these bets just to play them because there is a large pool. i would never play any of this without having at least 2 singles. the idea of spending $180 to hit for $1 does not appeal to me

happy new year.

wiffleball whizz
12-31-2013, 08:15 PM
i just want to say this. i have never played any type of these bets just to play them because there is a large pool. i would never play any of this without having at least 2 singles. the idea of spending $180 to hit for $1 does not appeal to me

happy new year.

Makes a ton of sense when u look at it this way........bet 180 so 184 wins only $4......many a time I've had $96 tix pay $22.60 :ThmbDown:

johnhannibalsmith
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Last weekend I wrote down the winning early pick four each of the two days... then proceeded to amend them (trimmed leg one Sat. so I could add the Jacobson to my single in a later race, then did the same on Sunday deciding that I'd be better playing a larger denomination of a smaller ticket)... so if you want to learn how to turn two big winners into squadoosh, I'm your guy! :D