PDA

View Full Version : Colorado goes live with legal weed

JustRalph
12-31-2013, 02:48 AM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/12/30/high-prices-for-getting-high-expected-as-colorado-opens-legal-pot-shops

Check out the story for the explanation of 30 % taxes on weed.

I am sure Doritos and pizza prices are going to go up too

lamboguy
12-31-2013, 04:02 AM
isn't this stuff illegal on a federal level?

the reason why China was so backwards for many years was because everyone there were on opium. they got the people off that shit and the country is now growing fast as hell.

JustRalph
12-31-2013, 04:08 AM
isn't this stuff illegal on a federal level?

the reason why China was so backwards for many years was because everyone there were on opium. they got the people off that shit and the country is now growing fast as hell.

Yep, but the Dems only won Colorado by 2 points in the 2012 election.

Eric Holder is blind to Colorado. You can't start a states rights fight ( not a serious one) in a state you could possibly lose elections in.

They go after California for the opposite reason. They have California locked up.

jballscalls
12-31-2013, 02:11 PM
What a genius Peyton Manning is. He bought 21 Papa Johns Pizza franchises in Colorado two weeks before the law was passed. And what do stoners and college students love at 11pm?? Papa Johns!

redshift1
12-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Most legal pot in CA is delivered to your door via courier no pizza yet.

lamboguy
12-31-2013, 02:41 PM
i just noticed that Altria ticker symbol MO, looks like a pretty strong stock and i know they stand to clean up if Pot is legalized. they must have the best lobbyist's that money can buy trying to get than one through.

precocity
01-02-2014, 05:23 PM
What a genius Manning is. He bought 21 Papa Johns Pizza franchises in Colorado two weeks before the law was passed. And what do stoners and college students love at 11pm?? Papa Johns!
:lol: yes Peyton is a very smart man.

PaceAdvantage
01-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I don't know what the price on the street is for an ounce, but something tells me it's a helluva lot less than $225+.

So what's the incentive for someone who is currently buying illegally to switch to a legal retail outlet?

Answer: there is none.

I hope they tax themselves out of existence.

PhantomOnTour
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't know what the price on the street is for an ounce, but something tells me it's a helluva lot less than $225+.

So what's the incentive for someone who is currently buying illegally to switch to a legal retail outlet?

Answer: there is none.

I hope they tax themselves out of existence.
That super hydroponic electric Christmas tree northern lights shit goes for over $400.
I work in the restaurant business - I know this kind of stuff :D

chrisl
01-02-2014, 06:34 PM
That super hydroponic electric Christmas tree northern lights shit.

Oh that is funny, brings me back to the day of "Mudbite delight" and "Matanuska thunder #$ck"..Them were good times though. Care free

PhantomOnTour
01-02-2014, 06:45 PM
That super hydroponic electric Christmas tree northern lights shit.

Oh that is funny, brings me back to the day of "Mudbite delight" and "Matanuska thunder #$ck"..Them were good times though. Care free
The scary thing for me is that when guys like you and I were young the heaviest thing we ever did was smoke some weed...kids these days are into scripts (prescription pills) and these scripts will mess you up.
Seen it happen.

Why can't they just have a glass of wine and smoke some lomaxian dandall, or something like that?

PaceAdvantage
01-02-2014, 07:08 PM
That super hydroponic electric Christmas tree northern lights shit goes for over $400.
I work in the restaurant business - I know this kind of stuff :DOK, then I guess I stand corrected... :lol:

Tom
01-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Hmmmmm.....POT knows POT!

JustRalph
01-02-2014, 07:49 PM
The problem with the high taxes is that underground sellers are going to undercut the price of the local store and there's no way to enforce any possession charges. You buy your weed from Scooter down the street and shove it in a bag or jar from the local store, how do you tell the difference?

It's been a long time since I've been around any weed (except for the time my step Mother in law pulled some out at Thanksgiving a few years back) but I think the illicit underground guys were celebrating when they put that 30% tax on it

jerry-g
01-02-2014, 07:50 PM
This sort of explains why all the TV ads from law enforcement about buzzed
driving being drunk driving.

redshift1
01-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Most amusing thread of the day.

Tom
01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Weed good.
Taxes bad.

precocity
01-03-2014, 03:53 PM
well cops will tell you that when they arrest someone high on weed they just keep their cool? and peeps drunk as hell give them all kinds of problems.I bet 4/5 that whizz smokes that ufo purple kush!!!!! :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
01-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Smoke, get fired. Legal or not

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/03/fired_for_legally_smoking_pot_the_coming_colorado_ crackdown/

johnhannibalsmith
01-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Smoke, get fired. Legal or not

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/03/fired_for_legally_smoking_pot_the_coming_colorado_ crackdown/

This was a problem in past with the medical cards when I was at Arapahoe in past years. Grooms primarily, generally gringos, that had their cards and were getting "random" tested and getting ruled off for being dirty in spite of having the card. I can imagine grooms that can pass the piss test will be in unusually high demand next season.

TJDave
01-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Coats alleged he was illegally fired by the cable company Dish Network for using medical marijuana to mitigate muscle spasms.

Is that because he had a problem getting that earing in his ear?

Tom
01-03-2014, 11:52 PM
People want to drink, get high, get laid, gamble.
It is who we are. You will never stop it - you waste your time and our money trying to stop it.

maddog42
01-04-2014, 09:43 AM
It is who we are. You will never stop it - you waste your time and our money trying to stop it.

No truer words were ever spoke.

Robert Goren
01-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Plenty of stories here telling people not bring it back to Nebraska.

FantasticDan
01-04-2014, 10:19 AM
It is who we are. You will never stop itAnd it's not just people.. even simple household items like towels want in on the action..

eSEkfqlDilU

Actor
01-04-2014, 12:32 PM
What a genius Peyton Manning is. He bought 21 Papa Johns Pizza franchises in Colorado two weeks before the law was passed. And what do stoners and college students love at 11pm?? Papa Johns!Good to know. Now those commercials make sense. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actor
01-04-2014, 12:36 PM

So what's the incentive for someone who is currently buying illegally to switch to a legal retail outlet?It's prime stuff! :cool:

Show Me the Wire
01-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Probably belongs in the predictions thread. Colorado will raise more money through the hidden tax of DUI arrests. Most states will nail you for a DUI if thc is found in your blood within 30 days of the arrest.

Be careful out there.

Rookies
01-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Like the blind squirrel and stopped clock, you are correct about twice a Millenium Tommy! :ThmbUp: :lol:

Stay warm... the Spa is just around the 7 month mark! ;)

Actor
01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
The problem with the high taxes is that underground sellers are going to undercut the price of the local store and there's no way to enforce any possession charges. You buy your weed from Scooter down the street and shove it in a bag or jar from the local store, how do you tell the difference?Do people buy moonshine and put in an empty Jack Daniels bottle?

Possession is no longer the issue in Colorado. The issue is taxes.

PaceAdvantage
01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
And it's not just people.. even simple household items like towels want in on the action..

eSEkfqlDilULOL I love that show

JustRalph
01-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Do people buy moonshine and put in an empty Jack Daniels bottle?

Once again you miss the point entirely

redshift1
01-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Pot overdoses kill 37

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-on-first-day-of-legalization/

PhantomOnTour
01-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Pot overdoses kill 37

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-on-first-day-of-legalization/
Jesse Pinkman from Albuquerque :lol:

redshift1
01-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Dr. Jack Shepard

Hypospadias

Trimethylaminuria

chrisl
01-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Actor
Do people buy moonshine and put in an empty Jack Daniels bottle?

Actor Yes they do. Taverns, Bars have been doing this for a long time.

JustRalph
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/03/longmont-2-year-old-tests-positive-pot/

Not sure I'm buying this one ........A cookie?

Tom
01-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Baby Mario wants to get medical MJ in NY.
Maybe his tootsie, Sandra has a semi-homemade recipe for brownies she wants to try out! :p

classhandicapper
01-05-2014, 06:21 PM
I don't think the government should be in the business of tacitly approving of these things. I'd rather see possession decriminalized so we don't waste too much time and money fighting a losing battle, but implement strong fines for illegal dealing and similar punishments as for DUI for driving.

That way we can continue to discourage kids from getting high, still raise some money from fines, but not waste money and screw up lives with law enforcement and criminal charges.

This feels too much like politicians saying "We need money so who gives a crap if it's bad for society, we can tax it".

Marshall Bennett
01-05-2014, 07:01 PM
I thought to myself many years ago the country would go to pot if they ever legalized pot. Timing is everything. :cool:

Tom
01-05-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't think the government should be in the business of tacitly approving of these things.

I don't think the government should be in the business of tacitly prohibiting these things. Who the hell are they to tell us what we can do and can't do?
Screw Uncle Sugar and his band of merry do-gooders. Deal with us if we abuse things or cause problems, other than that, they can kiss our arses. We do not need a-holes who think they know what is good for us.

TJDave
01-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Who the hell are they to tell us what we can do and can't do?

So...they got voted in by accident?

sammy the sage
01-05-2014, 08:53 PM
so now I'm curious...is the US. Postal service going to SNIFF out every piece of mail leaving Col./Wash. state(s)...???

What about UPS/FEDEX shipping leaving state...or Uhauls or any Trailer or Motor Home???

What would be THE fine or time crossing state lines???

Pandora's Box has BEEN opened... :lol:

redshift1
01-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Transportation of illegal drugs through UPS/FedEx and the postal service is commonplace all they do is confiscate it and give to the police for resale. No impact in Colorado.

johnhannibalsmith
01-05-2014, 10:48 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/03/longmont-2-year-old-tests-positive-pot/

Not sure I'm buying this one ........A cookie?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I'm supposed to feel badly for the poor little kid, but give me a break. They didn't find dope in the house so they believe the mother's story of her finding a chocolate chip cookie laying on the sidewalk laced with pot? If someone looks a little deeper I think we'll find out it was probably someone hoping to see this story in the paper and not some random dope fiend that had so many marijuana cookies, he figured he'd share with the insects and toddlers that frequented the dirt.