PDA

View Full Version : Refs blow the kc/san diego game..

TheEdge07
12-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Steelers fans are looking for a bridge this morning..

Espn reports chargers had 7 d lineman on one side of the line on the fg attempt...nfl rules only six are allowed..
THe fumble ruled down on the kc recovery off the fake punt the runner wasnt down legs were still moving....

Make refs full time...

tucker6
12-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Steelers fans are looking for a bridge this morning..

Espn reports chargers had 7 d lineman on one side of the line on the fg attempt...nfl rules only six are allowed..
THe fumble ruled down on the kc recovery off the fake punt the runner wasnt down legs were still moving....

Make refs full time...
That fumble was one of the biggest BS calls I've ever seen. The guy who said his progress was stopped was the same guy looking to see when he would stop moving forward so he could give him progress. I guarantee that if he had never fumbled and had gotten that extra yard, he would have been given that yard. Really an unbelievable call.

All in all, SD has no good takeaways from that game. They won a must win game at home against a team that played only one starter on either side of the ball, and had to win the game in OT with two blown calls. That's suckage.

Valuist
12-30-2013, 10:50 AM
That fumble was one of the biggest BS calls I've ever seen. The guy who said his progress was stopped was the same guy looking to see when he would stop moving forward so he could give him progress. I guarantee that if he had never fumbled and had gotten that extra yard, he would have been given that yard. Really an unbelievable call.

All in all, SD has no good takeaways from that game. They won a must win game at home against a team that played only one starter on either side of the ball, and had to win the game in OT with two blown calls. That's suckage.

I can't disagree with anything you said.

One other takeaway. Wasn't Miami in a win and in situation? Just like San Diego would be later in the day. One theory is that teams in the "must win" situation, not reliant on other teams for help, tend to feel pressure more and underperform. Miami severely underperformed, and so did San Diego. Yeah the Chargers won but at no point were they ever close to covering that big spread.

burnsy
12-30-2013, 10:59 AM
I agree with both of you (about that call). But i never feel sorry for teams that "need" the last week to get in. "This one has to lose or win so we can back in".........Yeah, well you should of thought of that back in September and October when you were playing like shit. Pittsburg lost early games in some horrid efforts. The season in football is short, every game means something in the end....you don't do yourself any favors starting the season like a scrub team. Boooo.........Whooooo.....I also agree how far is San Diego going to get anyway? They better play about twice as good to have a shot next week. When you are counting on a call to get in the post season or win a game...no sympathy here.....how about trying harder or playing better form the get go? These teams put themselves in the situations they are in.

ManU918
12-30-2013, 11:04 AM
I agree with both of you (about that call). But i never feel sorry for teams that "need" the last week to get in. "This one has to lose or win so we can back in".........Yeah, well you should of thought of that back in September and October when you were playing like shit. Pittsburg lost early games in some horrid efforts. The season in football is short, every game means something in the end....you don't do yourself any favors starting the season like a scrub team. Boooo.........Whooooo.....I also agree how far is San Diego going to get anyway? They better play about twice as good to have a shot next week. When you are counting on a call to get in the post season or win a game...no sympathy here.....how about trying harder or playing better form the get go?

I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Chargers left Cincy with a win. After all Andy Dalton is the QB for the Bengals... The guy threw 20 interceptions this year.

burnsy
12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Chargers left Cincy with a win. After all Andy Dalton is the QB for the Bengals... The guy threw 20 interceptions this year.

Agreed, thats their way to win that game........but Cincy will play solid defense at home and San Diego has a way of choking when it counts. The way Cincy played at home this year i would be a little shocked. There will be one team that catches fire and surprises people, thats been the formula in recent years. Home field and records don't even mean what they used to. But i just don't think San Diego is one of those teams.

tucker6
12-30-2013, 11:29 AM
I agree with both of you (about that call). But i never feel sorry for teams that "need" the last week to get in. "This one has to lose or win so we can back in".........Yeah, well you should of thought of that back in September and October when you were playing like shit. Pittsburg lost early games in some horrid efforts. The season in football is short, every game means something in the end....you don't do yourself any favors starting the season like a scrub team. Boooo.........Whooooo.....I also agree how far is San Diego going to get anyway? They better play about twice as good to have a shot next week. When you are counting on a call to get in the post season or win a game...no sympathy here.....how about trying harder or playing better form the get go? These teams put themselves in the situations they are in.
Can't disagree with anything you wrote. Pittsburgh didn't deserve a playoff berth either. 8-8 makes you exactly average.

tucker6
12-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Agreed, thats their way to win that game........but Cincy will play solid defense at home and San Diego has a way of choking when it counts. The way Cincy played at home this year i would be a little shocked. There will be one team that catches fire and surprises people, thats been the formula in recent years. Home field and records don't even mean what they used to. But i just don't think San Diego is one of those teams.
I think New Orleans is that team, and I'm not a Saints fan.

Valuist
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM

He also threw 33 TD passes. He also had a QB rating equal to, or better than Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford.

Valuist
12-30-2013, 11:44 AM
I think New Orleans is that team, and I'm not a Saints fan.

I will be surprised if they are. Too reliant on offense, and too reliant on their home field. Away from the Superdome, they are very beatable.

tucker6
12-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I will be surprised if they are. Too reliant on offense, and too reliant on their home field. Away from the Superdome, they are very beatable.well, everyone is too reliant on offense these days. Rob Ryan has done good things there this year.

Valuist
12-30-2013, 12:05 PM
well, everyone is too reliant on offense these days. Rob Ryan has done good things there this year.

The Saints will have a very hard time winning on the road. Despite what Brees says, they are NOT a good road team.

Straight up: H: 8-0 R: 3-5
Against spread: H: 7-1 R: 1-7
Points game: H: 34 R:18
Points game against: H: 15.6 R: 22.4

Road losses to Rams and Cardinals. A last second win over Bucs in Tampa.

PhantomOnTour
12-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Can't disagree with anything you wrote. Pittsburgh didn't deserve a playoff berth either. 8-8 makes you exactly average.
"Deserve" has absolutely nothing to do with it. As if that justifies an officiating error :confused:

That being said - I do not bawl over bad/missed calls.
The Steelers didn't play well this year and had to rely on someone else to help them into the playoffs...0-4 is a near impossible hole to climb out of. Yesterday was the first time Pittsburgh had achieved a .500 record all year at 8-8.

tucker6
12-30-2013, 12:16 PM
"Deserve" has absolutely nothing to do with it. As if that justifies an officiating error :confused:

That being said - I do not bawl over bad/missed calls.
The Steelers didn't play well this year and had to rely on someone else to help them into the playoffs...0-4 is a near impossible hole to climb out of. Yesterday was the first time Pittsburgh had achieved a .500 record all year at 8-8.
My use of "deserve" had nothing to do with what you wrote. The Steelers record of 8-8 is not deserving of getting into the playoffs. With or without an officiating error.

tucker6
12-30-2013, 12:17 PM
The Saints will have a very hard time winning on the road. Despite what Brees says, they are NOT a good road team.

Road losses to Rams and Cardinals. A last second win over Bucs in Tampa.you make a very good case that the Saints defense is not the one letting the team down when they lose.

PhantomOnTour
12-30-2013, 12:21 PM
My use of "deserve" had nothing to do with what you wrote. The Steelers record of 8-8 is not deserving of getting into the playoffs. With or without an officiating error.
And again - DESERVE has nothing to do with anything.
If the Chiefs had won then the Steelers would have made the playoffs with an 8-8 record...whether or not they deserved it.

Tell me, who would have been more DESERVING than the Steelers (if KC had won)?

Grits
12-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Cam Newton gets better each season.

That is all.

DJofSD
12-30-2013, 01:24 PM
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/12/30/nfl-admits-refs-erred-in-chiefs-chargers-game-as-blown-call-potentially-cost-steelers-playoff-spot/

ManU918
12-30-2013, 01:49 PM
He also threw 33 TD passes. He also had a QB rating equal to, or better than Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford.

Whats your point?

Valuist
12-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Whats your point?

Dalton is not a bad QB. He's not elite, but he's good enough. I've seen teams advance in the playoffs with worse.

Still only one player. Its still a team game and the QB alone isn't going to win it or lose it.

What was your point about Dalton?

tucker6
12-30-2013, 02:42 PM
And again - DESERVE has nothing to do with anything.
If the Chiefs had won then the Steelers would have made the playoffs with an 8-8 record...whether or not they deserved it.

Tell me, who would have been more DESERVING than the Steelers (if KC had won)?:bang:

Stillriledup
12-30-2013, 03:54 PM
As the KC Kicker was lining up for the GW FG, he was thinking "ok, who do i want in my bracket, the Chargers or the Steelers".

Me thinks you want the softer mild weather team.

NJ Stinks
12-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Tell me, who would have been more DESERVING than the Steelers (if KC had won)?

San Diego even if SD lost to KC yesterday.

SD beat KC and Denver on the road and Denver may be the Super Bowl favorite going into the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Steelers were life and death to beat GB without Rodgers when Pittsburgh was playing better at the end of the year.

I understand the thought that Roethlisburger makes the Steelers a tough match-up but then there is that loss to the Vikings in London to consider....

Maximillion
12-30-2013, 06:01 PM

Road losses to Rams and Cardinals. A last second win over Bucs in Tampa.

Whats strange is the Saints have the best road record of any team in the NFL over the previous 4 years.

Now,they finally have a decent defense....and Brees just doesent look the same on the road....he seems to struggle with his deep game for whatever reason.(again only this year).

That said,I think their more than capable of beating anybody on the right day.

TheEdge07
12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Whats strange is the Saints have the best road record of any team in the NFL over the previous 4 years.

Now,they finally have a decent defense....and Brees just doesent look the same on the road....he seems to struggle with his deep game for whatever reason.(again only this year).

That said,I think their more than capable of beating anybody on the right day.

How many road wins were in domes??

Maximillion
12-30-2013, 07:29 PM
How many road wins were in domes??

16-9 in 25 outdoor road games.

0-2 in outdoor playoff games

SB,if you want to count that was outdoors.

TheEdge07
12-30-2013, 08:04 PM
16-9 in 25 outdoor road games.

0-2 in outdoor playoff games

SB,if you want to count that was outdoors.

Please list the 16 teams

ManU918
01-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Dalton is not a bad QB. He's not elite, but he's good enough. I've seen teams advance in the playoffs with worse.

Still only one player. Its still a team game and the QB alone isn't going to win it or lose it.

What was your point about Dalton?

Of course teams have advanced with worse... Dilfer won a Super Bowl but he also had a great defense.... Same with Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay.... But they learned how to manage a game and limit the mistakes.

Your right that its a team game but wrong that a QB alone cant win it or lose it... The Bengals have a really good defense but if Dalton continually turns the ball over and puts the defense in horrible situations... Dalton can easily cost them the game. Much better QB's in the past have cost their team a game.

Valuist
01-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Of course teams have advanced with worse... Dilfer won a Super Bowl but he also had a great defense.... Same with Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay.... But they learned how to manage a game and limit the mistakes.

Your right that its a team game but wrong that a QB alone cant win it or lose it... The Bengals have a really good defense but if Dalton continually turns the ball over and puts the defense in horrible situations... Dalton can easily cost them the game. Much better QB's in the past have cost their team a game.

You are correct that Dalton threw 20 picks this year. But he needed 4 in the final week to get to that. In his first two seasons, he threw 13 and 16 (with over 500 attempts each season). Eli threw 27 this year, Flacco threw 22. Brees had 19 last year. Dalton certainly has his detractors, but I think its a little overdone. The biggest issue for the Bengals is all the defensive injuries they've had: Geno Atkins, Terence Newman, Leon Hall and Taylor Mays. At full strength, they would give Denver or New England all they could handle.

tucker6
01-05-2014, 11:42 AM
I will be surprised if they are. Too reliant on offense, and too reliant on their home field. Away from the Superdome, they are very beatable.
still believe this? ;)

PhantomOnTour
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
still believe this? ;)
Ask him next week :cool:

ManU918
01-05-2014, 04:14 PM

Its sad when the owner comes out and says he wanted to draft Kaepernick over Dalton. Dalton stinks.

ManU918
01-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Dalton's QBR after three playoff games...17.5...hahahahahaha

tucker6
01-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Dalton's QBR after three playoff games...17.5...hahahahahaha
Did you mean to quote his QBR or his passer rating? I ask because many quote ESPN's artificial stat (QBR) that is highly subjective in nature without realizing that it isn't an official stat. He finished with a 67.0 passer rating in the defeat the other day. He had a 51.4 passer rating during the 2011 playoffs and 44.7 last year. All lousy games to be sure. I'm no cincy or Dalton fan either.