PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Wagering Site?

antigeekess
12-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Since Xpress Bet has locked me out of my account for moving and I have to re-register, I'm wondering if there's somewhere better to take my business anyway. Who does everyone else use, and why? Does anyone believe that one site is "better" than another for any reason? (I already have unused accounts with TwinSpires and TVG.)

Vigorish
12-30-2013, 02:37 AM
I have used multiple sites including Twin Spires, You Bet (now defunct), Empire City Bets, Am Wager, and many others. When assessing what constitutes the best site, I think it's best to use multiple criteria. For me, rebates are the most important consideration. However, customer service and a good betting platform are very close seconds.

One thing I learned that is of absolute paramount importance is to do a lot of research. Look around and see what other people are saying about their experience. Read the fine print and comb through the FAQ and TOS of multiple sites. One way to find all of the potential ADW's is to visit the website of several OTB's. For example, you could visit Hialeah Park's website and click on simulcast partners. You will have a comprehensive list and you can start visiting each site.

Another suggestion is to have discussions with knowledgeable people who are either in the industry or have important contacts. I found my favorite ADW by seeking out somebody who had several years experience navigating various outlets. I did not feel comfortable telling you what my favorite ADW was in the context of this chatbox, but I can put you in contact with the person who helped me.

lamboguy
12-30-2013, 03:41 AM
this is one of the bigger ADW's volume wise, parimutuel and legal

beta.rgs.net

tanner12oz
12-30-2013, 06:51 AM
I play twinspires..have used some other small ones. The rebates at twinspires suck but deposits and withdraws are easy and the addition promotions (20% pick 4 bonus) make up for rebates imo

Vigorish
12-30-2013, 07:24 AM
I play twinspires..have used some other small ones. The rebates at twinspires suck but deposits and withdraws are easy and the addition promotions (20% pick 4 bonus) make up for rebates imo

I still play at Twinspires as one of my ADW's. As you noted, the rebates are miserable, even for the higher tier customers. However, Twin Spires does have some positive attributes including the one's you noted.

What I like most about Twin Spires is some of the technology they integrated from YouBet. For example, I love the Wager Pad Pro, which is the fastest and most intuitive wagering client I have found. Next, I love the way that BRIS Super Stats are built into the Express client. I find these statistics especially handy and useful for maiden races.

Their live programming is excellent. They have an comprehensive. database of past races, which is easily accessible. Also, you can get free past performances for simply making a $2 wager on one race.

Finally, customer service is very responsive. The wait times are virtually non-existent. Their workers are generally well-educated on corporate policy, although many seem clueless about the finer nuances of their products and their customers preferences. Unfortunately, most ADW employees fail to understand the wants and needs of horseplayers. The best customer service I have received is through high rebate ADW's, possibly because the customer service agents tend to be horseplayers!

Bottom line: I would recommend Twin Spires, but not as your primary ADW. There are many features that make Twin Spires a worthwhile site when used in conjunction with other ADW's. At least that is how I am currently using the site.

With respect to the post about RGS, they seem to be the king of the hill for the 7 figure horseplayer. It is downright amazing how many employees they have on staff, who are tasked with serving less than 100 horseplayers. Also, their rebates are second to none.

ubercapper
12-30-2013, 11:03 AM
this is one of the bigger ADW's volume wise, parimutuel and legal

beta.rgs.net

Does anyone know if RGS still has state restrictions? Years ago they could not take customers from Kentucky.

Fingal
12-30-2013, 11:54 AM
That's the thing, state restrictions. I see all these signup benefits & rebates from different ADWs, but if you live in certain draconian states ( for me it's California ) you get nada in the way of benefits.

davew
12-30-2013, 12:06 PM
what pools do you use most often?

betting platforms are so different at most.

My favorite for WPS pools
is different than my favorite for superfectas.

cutchemist42
12-30-2013, 01:16 PM
No rebates, but having betfair.com open in a 2nd tab and comparing odds has helped me land some great horses relative to the track odds. Of course you're basically limited to Win though.

classhandicapper
12-30-2013, 01:52 PM
With respect to the post about RGS, they seem to be the king of the hill for the 7 figure horseplayer. It is downright amazing how many employees they have on staff, who are tasked with serving less than 100 horseplayers. Also, their rebates are second to none.

I can't even find their rebate schedule listed.

lamboguy
12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
I can't even find their rebate schedule listed.
you can take my word for it, along with Elite, they pay higher than anyone else.

Kirk Brooks invented the "highest rebates"

classhandicapper
12-30-2013, 02:14 PM
you can take my word for it, along with Elite, they pay higher than anyone else.

Kirk Brooks invented the "highest rebates"

It's one of those "million or more" handle shops right?

BetPTC
12-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Yes, the average player can't just get in at RGS.

We pride ourselves on great customer service and excellent cash back rates. Check out BetPTC.com, where you don't have to wager seven figures (or even six) to gain membership.

antigeekess
12-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks to all for your suggestions. Will be making a decision within the next week. Very curious to learn more about rebates and if they're applicable to us minnows.

lamboguy
12-30-2013, 10:21 PM

We pride ourselves on great customer service and excellent cash back rates. Check out BetPTC.com, where you don't have to wager seven figures (or even six) to gain membership.you guys are great for the small to midrange player. i think that these days you are carrying just about everything other than NYRA. you probably have the very best racing platform, at least i think so.

dirty moose
12-31-2013, 12:16 AM

We pride ourselves on great customer service and excellent cash back rates. Check out BetPTC.com, where you don't have to wager seven figures (or even six) to gain membership.

What's going to happen with your NY players?

Hoofless_Wonder
12-31-2013, 03:35 AM
Since Xpress Bet has locked me out of my account for moving and I have to re-register, I'm wondering if there's somewhere better to take my business anyway. Who does everyone else use, and why? Does anyone believe that one site is "better" than another for any reason? (I already have unused accounts with TwinSpires and TVG.)

When I moved from Illinois to Washington, my Xpressbet account was locked when I updated my address online. However, I did not have to "re-register" - I just had to send them a copy of my driver's license at my new address.

Twinspires didn't make me provide any proof of moving, since I was going from one legal state to another, but I could not update the information online. I had to call customer service.

TVG I did not bother with, but since they removed their "per bet" charge, then they might come back into play some day.

As a Washington resident, that's all the choices I have in ADWs.... :(

BetPTC
12-31-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks Lamboguy, appreciate the kind words. We have a wide range of players, including a few of the biggest in the country.

BetPTC
12-31-2013, 11:51 AM
dirty moose,
unfortunately we're having to close accounts for the new year, and we stopped taking new registrations from NY.

Millpond68
12-31-2013, 01:10 PM
I agree with Lamboguy about BetPTC. It is the best wagering site that I have used in my 14 years of internet wagering. I keep my old Twinspires account to wager on New York tracks.

lamboguy
12-31-2013, 01:24 PM
I agree with Lamboguy about BetPTC. It is the best wagering site that I have used in my 14 years of internet wagering. I keep my old Twinspires account to wager on New York tracks.its always good to have a back up. i always keep 3 of them open, years ago there was a day when i had a Youbet account and a Tonkowa and both were down at the same time. i had a 3rd account and that bailed me out that day.

tampahorseplayer
12-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Betptc is my go to site, they have a lot of good promotions such as last month they gave 10% rebate on Australia, this adds up fast. I also like being able to wager on greyhounds too. I wish they would offer intl. racing such as sweedish harness and the uk a.m. races. Customer service is great too.

IdaBet.com
01-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi: How are you? I am not sure of your situation why you were locked out of Xpressbet or possibly you are in one of the states with the new high ADW tax. However, we would love to get your business at Idabet.com.

For all players, we offer a generous rewards program (though they are getting more stringent among the major track) which are paid daily. There are no points, just simple cash.

Depending on your wagers, we also have a monthly bonus on top of all of your bets for that month.

Idabet.com has an easy to use betting platform, 4 screen of live video, free deposits and excellent player services.

We can also tailor a package for you based on your needs to assure the best bottom line value. If you have any questions or interest, please contact me at Steve@Idabet.com. Have a happy, healthy and big winning New Year.

tanner12oz
01-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Probably should have another out other then twinspires..ease of access is great but probably leaving a boatload of cash on the table playing at the rate I do

amyloo2
01-06-2014, 11:00 AM
When will the PTC cash for ACH be available? That is my preferred way to move money to my accounts. I have a real aversion to paying a fee to anyone when I dont have to with other ADW'S. I have looked at your site many times and this is the only thing holding me back from signing up.
Thanks

djm1959
01-08-2014, 05:50 PM
offtrackbetting.com and twinspires.com

:6: :2: :4:
:4: :1: :9:
:7: 2 :3:
:11: :2: :5:

raybo
01-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I really like Darkhorsebet.com. It doesn't have a huge lineup of tracks yet, but the customer service is as good as it gets (Trish is a real gem!), their wagering interface is to my liking, and video is free, regardless of how much you bet. It is owned and run by horse players who know what it's like to be a player in today's game. They love harness racing, which is a bit Greek to me, but for those who also love harness racing it would probably be a good fit.

TheEdge07
01-08-2014, 08:49 PM
I really like Darkhorsebet.com. It doesn't have a huge lineup of tracks yet, but the customer service is as good as it gets (Trish is a real gem!), their wagering interface is to my liking, and video is free, regardless of how much you bet. It is owned and run by horse players who know what it's like to be a player in today's game. They love harness racing, which is a bit Greek to me, but for those who also love harness racing it would probably be a good fit.

Raybo they carry live video from nyra now...only major tracks not covered are churchill, fg, and im surprised they dont carry oaklawn...they pretty much have all tracks covered.

raybo
01-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Raybo they carry live video from nyra now...only major tracks not covered are churchill, fg, and im surprised they dont carry oaklawn...they pretty much have all tracks covered.

Yeah, I can get the video thru TS, so I bet at Darkhorse and watch the TS video for the tracks they don't carry. They did cut their rebate percentages some due to increased fees, but I don't care much, never have counted on rebates anyway.