PDA

View Full Version : January 1

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Do you bet differently on the first day of each year? Perhaps wagering more conservatively subconsciously trying to finish the day with a profit. The reason I ask this question is that I heard a couple of horseplayers discussing this topic and all three agreed they want to start the new year off on a winning note. When they asked my opinion I stated that it's just one day of 365 for the year and the plus/loss ledger is only important after a years worth of up's and downs etc.

Any other opinions?

LAP_520
12-29-2013, 06:01 PM
January 1st, 2014 Aqueduct is suppose to have The OMNI, a wager that challenges bettors to pick two of the first three finishers of a race in any order.

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-29-2013, 06:01 PM
LOL Just asked a friend the same question as he said it depends how much he drank the night before in his New years Eve revelry!!! can't argue that! LOL

raybo
12-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Do you bet differently on the first day of each year? Perhaps wagering more conservatively subconsciously trying to finish the day with a profit. The reason I ask this question is that I heard a couple of horseplayers discussing this topic and all three agreed they want to start the new year off on a winning note. When they asked my opinion I stated that it's just one day of 365 for the year and the plus/loss ledger is only important after a years worth of up's and downs etc.

Any other opinions?

Nope, as you say, it's just another day, no different than any other day, when in comes to the races. If one wants to start the new year on a winning note, that's ok, but if it's because a winning note is different than what one had before, and they haven't changed the way they play, then wanting a different note to come out of the instrument probably won't happen.

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-29-2013, 06:56 PM
I remember when Harvey pack used to say everyone is even when referring to January 1. I think some believed him LOL

speed
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
January 1st, 2014 Aqueduct is suppose to have The OMNI, a wager that challenges bettors to pick two of the first three finishers of a race in any order.

CJ mentioned elsewhere it will not debut on Jan 1.