PDA

View Full Version : NSA intercepting your hardware

JustRalph
12-29-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.thewire.com/technology/2013/12/nsa-intercepts-laptops-purchased-online-install-malware/356548/

What's next?

fast4522
01-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Well, not exactly about computers but this may be interesting.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/03/Rand-Paul-to-Sue-Obama-over-NSA-Spying

JustRalph
01-04-2014, 11:33 AM
it's amazing that nobody made a stink about this. They are literally taking your amazon style package, opening it. Putting malware on it. Sending it on to you. Then it reports everything you do and opens your webcam up for use by the NSA.

Rand Paul is trying for more publicity.

btw, new reports that webcams are wide the hell open due to collusion by microsoft (skype) with the NSA.

get out the black duct tape

johnhannibalsmith
01-04-2014, 12:01 PM

btw, new reports that webcams are wide the hell open due to collusion by microsoft (skype) with the NSA.

get out the black duct tape

I only use a laptop with the built in cam for a few hours a day when I'm away from home, but I always remember to pick my nose and flip it the bird a few times an hour just in case.

davew
01-04-2014, 12:23 PM
They do not do this for everyone, just the known terrorists/threats (although if threats include people who do not like the current administration - that could include quite a few million people).

Dave Schwartz
01-04-2014, 12:30 PM
JR,

That article was slightly misleading in the sense that it sounded like EVERYONE's laptops are being hijacked.

Occasionally a target must be physically intercepted before the NSA can access their information. In these instances, TAO waits for the target to order new electronics. When their surveillance system alerts that Target X just bought a new laptop, the TAO intercepts the mail order, and has the computer delivered to an NSA facility.

This makes it sound as if it is individual targets, as opposed to everyone.

Of course, without mention of a warrant, this does not make it any less disturbing.

This is especially true when today's definition of a "terror threat" could be a guy who publicly disagreed with the "party line."

For those who are not ambi-party and might wish to turn my statement into a dem-bashing, please note that I am not saying only one side of the aisle is driving this or is capable of driving this.)

JustRalph
01-04-2014, 12:53 PM
After the IRS news of the last few years, I don't put anything past them.

It's a damn army of clerks with more power than the military. I guarantee you that if the NSA can do it, the IRS can too.

Paranoid? You would be too, if everybody was against you :lol:

Btw, all the major manufactures refuse to answer whether not they cooperate with the NSA

Cut out the middle man. Just load the malware at the factory?

Tom
01-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Start computing in the nude!
That should scare them away! :lol: