PDA

View Full Version : No more fantasy for me

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 01:53 PM
I have to agree with wiffleball whizz. The more I think about it, fantasy football may be the dumbest thing ever created by man. I'm in my championship with A LOT on the line. I screaming at the tv everytime a pass doesn't go to one of my players. My opponent has Mike Wallace who just scored, after I spent 5 minutes saying don't throw to Wallace don't throw to Wallace. I made a last second lineup change taking out C. Patterson for J. Nelson, of course Patterson has 11 pts in the first 20 min of the game. I've bet hundreds of thousands on football and millions on horses in my lifetime, but find myself stressing more about who's catching passes rather than who's actually winning games.

cj
12-29-2013, 01:54 PM
I have to agree with wiffleball whizz. The more I think about it, fantasy football may be the dumbest thing ever created by man. I'm in my championship with A LOT on the line. I screaming at the tv everytime a pass doesn't go to one of my players. My opponent has Mike Wallace who just scored, after I spent 5 minutes saying don't throw to Wallace don't throw to Wallace. I made a last second lineup change taking out C. Patterson for J. Nelson, of course Patterson has 11 pts in the first 20 min of the game. I've bet hundreds of thousands on football and millions on horses in my lifetime, but find myself stressing more about who's catching passes rather than who's actually winning games.

Championship game in Week 17? That is not a good idea.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Championship game in Week 17? That is not a good idea.
It wasn't my idea . Our championship was a combined week 16 and 17, something about us having an odd number of players. I would allready be champ if we didn't have this strange format.

cj
12-29-2013, 01:59 PM
It wasn't my idea . Our championship was a combined week 16 and 17, something about us having an odd number of players. I would allready be champ if we didn't have this strange format.

That is strange.

I actually commented to my wife how different (more enjoyable) it is watching the games with no fantasy football this week. I don't bet football, think that would kill the enjoyment too. I'd get too aggravated.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 02:03 PM
That is strange.

I actually commented to my wife how different (more enjoyable) it is watching the games with no fantasy football this week. I don't bet football, think that would kill the enjoyment too. I'd get too aggravated.
You're luckier and smarter than me. I had a lead coming into today, but getting creamed so far. It's hard for me to watch a game without a couple of sheckels on it, but this fantasy is ridiculous. 2014 can't come fast enough.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 02:06 PM
The worst thing about my crazy league , I had to guess who's gonna try last game of the year, who's gonna rest, who's allready given up.

cj
12-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that is why most leagues avoid week 17. I guess the best thing about fantasy football is does give a reason to watch games I normally don't care about.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah, that is why most leagues avoid week 17. I guess the best thing about fantasy football is does give a reason to watch games I normally don't care about.
It's great if your the nfl. They have fools like me watching meaningless games and players. In their defense, there are a lot of meaningful games today.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Patterson another TD. If I lose the title that will be the decision that haunts me.

wiffleball whizz
12-29-2013, 03:41 PM

I ****ing hate fantasy football............

People who don't have a clue how to gamble who pick up a magazine and become gods gift.....

If I was you I'd be stone livid to lose to people that have 1/50th the sports knowledge/gambling knowledge you have......

ldiatone
12-29-2013, 05:16 PM
i played for about 12 years. had 2 champ seasons in 2 different leagues. one was a dynasty where we kept our 40 man roosters year to year only drafting rookies or free agents. some let Priest Holmes go when he left Balt(?) and KC picked him up. the next year i had Holmes-l tomlison-r williams as rb's. that year i won :jump: but i retired....got boring

ldiatone
12-29-2013, 05:18 PM
i listened to one fellow on the radio, espn or cbs sports and he had 12 teams all in different leagues! wow!

ManU918
12-29-2013, 05:26 PM
The time that people spend on fantasy football for winning something little to nothing is absurd.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 05:29 PM
The time that people spend on fantasy football for winning something little to nothing is absurd.
If I win it won't be little to nothing.

wiffleball whizz
12-29-2013, 05:38 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that's why Ronsmac is the man!!!!!!!!

Not afraid to send it :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

ManU918
12-29-2013, 05:38 PM

If that's the case I commend you for joining a league that is worth it... But 99% of the leagues out there are entry fees of $25-$500 per team... All of which are just not worth all the time that is put in by the players. People spend half of the year on this shit to win a lousy $2,000 at the end?

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 05:42 PM
If that's the case I commend you for joining a league that is worth it... But 99% of the leagues out there are entry fees of $25-$500 per team... All of which are just not worth all the time that is put in by the players. People spend half of the year on this shit to win a lousy $2,000 at the end?
Are league is free, but lets just say our players don't like playing for fun.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Winner take all, so if I lose I'll be pissed. I lost 1 week out of 16 to lose in week 17 when you don't know how teams are going to play the last game is BS, but I'm in the lead and trying to hang on.

ronsmac
12-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Manning is not going to play the 2nd half, I needed one more td from him.

Bettowin
12-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Ridiculous to have any football league decided in the last week. I scoffed at fantasy leagues and then got involved and enjoyed it but don't spend more than 10 minutes a week on it after the draft. It makes me watch and know teams I usually wouldn't give a rats ass about.

The biggest surprise I got was playing in a fantasy baseball league. It's a long summer and it helps stay involved in prospects and trends which help the betting side:)

Robert Goren
12-30-2013, 06:36 AM
The best thing about Fantasy Football is that am so busy preparing for the draft that I am not tempted to bet Del Mar.