PDA

View Full Version : Longshot "Phenomenon" at Big M

Stillriledup
12-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Did they install Polytrack at this place? :D

Seems like its just random, is it the new "wind currents"? Is it the idea that Gural drops the hammer on cheaters and the obvious cheats horses arent running thru brick walls?

What say you?

melman
12-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Did they install Polytrack at this place? :D

Seems like its just random, is it the new "wind currents"? Is it the idea that Gural drops the hammer on cheaters and the obvious cheats horses arent running thru brick walls?

What say you?
I find it normal for the Meadowlands. Over the last two days there were 26 races with 11 winning favorites. You get more bombs at the Med because of full fields almost every race. Plus it's a mile track so more horses have a chance to win a race regardless of post position. Plus a strong group of drivers. Plus if you think that Corey Callahan and Ron Pierce are very talented and underbet drivers your a happy bettor. :) Plus now with the new year we get another day of racing as they start up with Thursday racing.Also on Sat night the BigM did just over 3.2 million in handle. There best December handle day since 2008.

Just a Fan
12-29-2013, 03:39 PM
I got my head handed to me last night there. I did not care for Pierce's drive in race 7, but I can't argue with his ROI for the night. Observed the Burke horses racing poorly in races 1 and 2, took a stand against him, and watched him win races 3 and 5. Recalibrated after that, only to see his horses race poorly the rest of the night. Zigged when I shoulda zagged. Hope others on here did better.

But its good to see price horses winning at a harness track.

cmp92
12-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Good drivers and trainers. Good horses too. A lot of the races, last night in particular, you could make a good case for almost half of the horses in the race.