PDA

View Full Version : Police: No beer led to ceramic squirrel stabbing

ArlJim78
12-28-2013, 08:52 PM
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina authorities say a 44-year-old woman angry at a man for returning home without beer on Christmas beat and stabbed him with a ceramic squirrel.

The Charleston County Sheriff's office says in a report that deputies found a man covered with blood when they arrived at Helen Williams' North Charleston home early Wednesday. She told investigators the man fell and cut himself, but couldn't explain why her hands and clothes were also bloody.

Deputies say the man said Williams was so angry when he returned without beer because stores were closed on Christmas Eve that she grabbed a ceramic squirrel, beat him in the head, then stabbed him in the shoulder and chest.

Williams was in jail Friday and charged with criminal domestic violence. It wasn't known if she had a lawyer
http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Police-No-beer-led-to-ceramic-squirrel-stabbing-5096699.php?cmpid=hpts

johnhannibalsmith
12-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Ceramic squirrels are more lethal than thawed turkeys apparently... this was actually in today's local paper as a straight front page news story...

PRESCOTT - Police responded to a call for a verbal domestic dispute on Christmas Eve only to discover that the fight actually involved broken picture frames and a turkey being tossed into a bedroom.

It happened at about 6:30 p.m. at a home on Willis Street, a police report said, and officers who went to the call said the female half of the fight, who was 57, was gone and couldn't be located.

The male half, also 57, said she had become upset because the couple had no plans for Christmas and would not be having anyone over because of money problems, the report said.

She then began taking down the Christmas decorations and went into a bedroom, where she began smashing picture frames. When the man became concerned, she told him "not to worry about it, because the items were hers," the report said.

He went into the master bedroom, sat on the edge of the bed, and began eating while watching television.

Then she "threw a thawed turkey into the bedroom and stated for him to eat it," the report said.

He didn't, instead opting to call police.

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=126816&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1086

Dave Schwartz
12-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Well, can you blame her?

:rolleyes: :lol:

HUSKER55
12-28-2013, 11:26 PM
is that what they mean by "strung a little high" :D

JustRalph
12-28-2013, 11:50 PM
It's an allegorical story from the police blotter

The Thawed Turkey is a metaphor for their marriage

Throwing it into the bedroom and telling him to eat it is the true meaning of Xmas.

Some people just can't communicate

Tom
12-29-2013, 10:19 AM
With these guys out there, who would miss the Ducks? :D

PaceAdvantage
12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
I read about this incident on MSNBC. And I was struck by the last line in the piece that covered this:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/27/22075945-sc-woman-charged-with-stabbing-husband-with-a-ceramic-squirrel?lite

"The condition of the squirrel wasn't reported."

Nice. I'm sure if this had been a case of man on woman domestic abuse, and the article ended with a little quip like that, nobody would have raised an eyebrow that this reporter dare joke about domestic abuse when it comes to women. Yeah right... :rolleyes:

But when a man suffers domestic abuse, it's joke time...

Political correctness seems to only travel in one direction no matter the topic.

burnsy
12-30-2013, 11:34 AM
The redkneck version of the "Christmas Story" no plans, no beer and raw turkey(xmas dinner at the chinese restaurant) and the other guy needs that Red Ryder BB gun to fend granny off with her "deadly" ceramic squirrel.......don't forget the beer or that squirrel will poke your eye out kid!

Grits
12-30-2013, 11:40 AM
There's a twice married, twice divorced woman, here, in my city. Each of her former spouses when filing for divorce on causes of irreconcilable differences, also claimed, spousal abuse. :lol: I'm not laughing at these men, but at the fact, no one will go out with her, to this day.

My brother knows her, and both of the men she married. Both stated during their marriages that she beat the living daylights out of them. I mean physically--blows to the head, black eyes, bruises to the face, chest, stomach, ribs, you name it.

As women use to be known--a Domestic Goddess, she was not. No, she's Queen of Domestic Violence. Its amazing she was never charged. But these two unfortunate fellas had all they could stand of her meanness.

DJofSD
12-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I'd categorize that women as being F.I.N.E.