PDA

View Full Version : Mountain, home of the "100%" DQ.

Stillriledup
12-27-2013, 10:42 PM
If you blink at this place, you're down. 100% of the time.

Does anyone have any "Stats" on tracks that actually *Gulp* pay the winners on occasion? I know Santa Anita and the major So Cal tracks actually leave up the physical winner (i know, novel concept, right?) on occasion, but some tracks seem to be possessed with not paying off winners, small fouls, large fouls, intermediate fouls, ticky tack fouls, doesnt' matter, some tracks DQ everything that blinks.

Keep that in mind if you're betting this place. They want to keep the jocks to the highest standard possible, if you don't stay in an EXACT straight line, you come down, no exceptions, no "its part of racing" no "contact sport, let them play" none of that. 100% straight line or else you dont get paid.

098poi
12-27-2013, 10:47 PM
I was waiting for your post! That horse did crash into the other but they really milked the replays showing it over and over like this was the Derby or something.

Robert Fischer
12-27-2013, 10:51 PM
"SRU, Please contact the clerk of scales"...

maybe that can be code for getting carried away with the vortex stuff

Stillriledup
12-27-2013, 10:53 PM
I was waiting for your post! That horse did crash into the other but they really milked the replays showing it over and over like this was the Derby or something.

Thanks, hope i didnt disappoint!

I know what you're saying, knowing their "history" i said to myself that i would bet the DNA in my heart, my first unborn son, my left leg and all the money that everyone i know has ever owned that this horse was coming down and yet, they looked at a million times for some unknown reason, it wasnt like the horse was ever staying up.

tanner12oz
12-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Betting the local connections seems to make the dqs go into your favor

PhantomOnTour
12-27-2013, 11:31 PM
The overwhelming majority of posts I've read on this site regarding the Mountain is that it's crooked as all hell....so why do we have selection threads about this place almost every night, and esp on Mon & Tues ?

tanner12oz
12-28-2013, 09:13 AM
The overwhelming majority of posts I've read on this site regarding the Mountain is that it's crooked as all hell....so why do we have selection threads about this place almost every night, and esp on Mon & Tues ?

cuz its the only game in town

andtheyreoff
12-28-2013, 09:28 AM

That's what I was thinking. Stillriledup makes a thread about Mountaineer at least once a week, all of them complaining about the track. SRU, if you don't like it, why do you pay attention to it so much?

AlbertButtry
12-30-2013, 01:30 AM
2 no dq' s tonight

Stillriledup
12-30-2013, 01:49 AM
2 no dq' s tonight

Means my post worked. ;)

BlueShoe
12-30-2013, 09:46 AM
In the last six months I have had more winners taken down on ticky tac DQs at Gulfstream than at every other track in the nation put together. :bang: Is it just me, my bad luck, or is there something about that place that causes horses to not run in a straight line?

Stillriledup
03-03-2014, 07:14 PM
I think this post worked.

First race at Mountain, an obvious non dq and yet, they looked at for over 10 minutes, over and over and over again.

That's a scary place, if they're going to look that long at 'nothing', i dont have any faith in this judging at all and certainly don't have any faith in the process.

They viewed this first race inquiry like they hadnt ever seen a horse race before.

andtheyreoff
03-03-2014, 07:17 PM
I think this post worked.

First race at Mountain, an obvious non dq and yet, they looked at for over 10 minutes, over and over and over again.

That's a scary place, if they're going to look that long at 'nothing', i don't have any faith in this judging at all and certainly don't have any faith in the process.

They viewed this first race inquiry like they hadn't ever seen a horse race before.

And yet, you keep on paying attention to MNR. :bang:

Stillriledup
03-03-2014, 07:20 PM
And yet, you keep on paying attention to MNR. :bang:

Im an idiot and degenerate, what can i say lol, but i'm done with CT and if this horse would have come down, i was ready to post "im done with Mountain".

Just the length of this inquiry scared the crap out of me, there was nothing to see here and yet, they looked FOREVER trying to figure out a way how they can place the 3rd place horse first, even though he was being badly outrun and the slight check didnt affect the outcome.

Relwob Owner
03-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Im an idiot and degenerate, what can i say lol, but i'm done with CT and if this horse would have come down, i was ready to post "im done with Mountain".

Just the length of this inquiry scared the crap out of me, there was nothing to see here and yet, they looked FOREVER trying to figure out a way how they can place the 3rd place horse first, even though he was being badly outrun and the slight check didnt affect the outcome.

I only saw the head on once, but it definitely looked like the 2 came out on the three and the 5 could have come over on three as well. Of course, Brisnet has no head on replay right now :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
03-03-2014, 07:37 PM
I only saw the head on once, but it definitely looked like the 2 came out on the three and the 5 could have come over on three as well. Of course, Brisnet has no head on replay right now :rolleyes:

The top 2 runners "squeezed" the 3, but the winner was storming past and was a no doubt winner with 70 yards to go, the 2nd place finisher came out a smidge and the 3 got "tightened up" but at the time of the incident, the outcome was basically decided, the 3 had every shot turning for home to run past the leader, but was tiring and that's why he got in tight late, i hate "Rewarding" a horse who's too slow to keep up and essentially gets "squeezed' because hes put himself in a position to have other horses come over on him.

You see this all the time in the game, the horse who circles up on the outside and runs past the tiring horse will "lug in" to the clear spot that was vacated by the horse to his left who isnt keeping up and the slower runner will "Steady" as the leader runs past.

Good job by the judges, this was a situation where there was theoretically some minor interference,but it didnt really affect the outcome and the reason the interference occured in the first place is because the bothered horse was just not keeping up. Good non takedown imo.

Chris Longshot
03-03-2014, 08:06 PM
This is by far the worse jockey colony I have ever seen at MNR really any track for that matter pair it with cheap stock and you better get used to a lot on inquiries, objections and disqualifications...Don't even get me started on the Stewards.....:rolleyes:

Stillriledup
03-03-2014, 08:12 PM
This is by far the worse jockey colony I have ever seen at MNR really any track for that matter pair it with cheap stock and you better get used to a lot on inquiries, objections and disqualifications...Don't even get me started on the Stewards.....:rolleyes:

The top 2 or 3 guys there are decent, Eddie Martin is riding there now, he's a solid Louisiana veteran who (i guess) just moved there to ride full time. Parker leaving for Texas has weakened the colony for sure.

Al Gobbi
03-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Race 8 3/4/14

5 horse field and an inquiry and multiple objections in the race involving four of the 5 runners.

duncan04
03-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Race 8 3/4/14

5 horse field and an inquiry and multiple objections in the race involving four of the 5 runners.

No change

soupman2
03-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I thought for sure the 6 was coming down for cutting off the 4; then I thought the 5 was coming down for knocking the 1 into the 4. Though at the same time I thought the jock on the 1 was an idiot for trying to create a hole between the 5 and 4. The way the 1 was moving I think that horse with a better ride would have won.

lamboguy
03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Rick Mahorn will hit you from behind when you are not looking!

soupman2
03-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Holy crap how could I forget! Must be that old age stuff. Had me roaring. Haven't heard Johnny for a long time. He could make someone tying their shoe entertaining. He was such a homer he was beautiful. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

lamboguy
03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
here's one for you. who did Johnny Most replace when he first started broadcasting Celtic Basketball?

thaskalos
03-05-2014, 03:07 PM
here's one for you. who did Johnny Most replace when he first started broadcasting Celtic Basketball?

Curt Gowdy?

speed
03-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Curt Gowdy?
After i googled it i believe you are correct.

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I do not know anything about the DQ situation. I just know that there are a handful of tracks that beat me consistently. As such, I do not play them.

MNR, CT, EVD, DED all fall into that category (for me).

Perhaps your experience is different.

lamboguy
03-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Curt Gowdy is the winner!

soupman2
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I do not know anything about the DQ situation. I just know that there are a handful of tracks that beat me consistently. As such, I do not play them.

MNR, CT, EVD, DED all fall into that category (for me).

Perhaps your experience is different.

Pretty funny Dave-- those are the tracks I play and Penn. I cant do anything with Santa Anita or the NY tracks. Forget Tampa and Fair Grounds.

Bob

lamboguy
03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
for a wednesday, the Mountain is putting out a dynamite card, they have 1 msw and 4 allowance races. it doesn't get any better. i am going to sleep for an hour so i don't miss the action tonight!

Stillriledup
03-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Here we go again. :D

Form W-2G
03-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Wow. 5/1, 35/1, and 22/1. Bombs away at the Mountain tonight!

Stillriledup
03-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Wow. 5/1, 35/1, and 22/1. Bombs away at the Mountain tonight!

Pick 4 started in leg 2, so far there has been two huge bombs...but, you know, one person will probably hit this.....Mtn is the home of the "one winner" of their exotic pools, no matter how desperate the bombs happen to be, someone usually finds a way to have it.

Al Gobbi
03-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Pick 4 started in leg 2, so far there has been two huge bombs...but, you know, one person will probably hit this.....Mtn is the home of the "one winner" of their exotic pools, no matter how desperate the bombs happen to be, someone usually finds a way to have it.

nope. all horses paying 3/4 in the pick 4.

Stillriledup
03-05-2014, 08:19 PM
nope. all horses paying 3/4 in the pick 4.

I wonder if there's a carryover? Or they just pay all out to 3 of 4?

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Pretty funny Dave-- those are the tracks I play and Penn. I cant do anything with Santa Anita or the NY tracks. Forget Tampa and Fair Grounds.

Soupy,

There is just no accounting for taste.

:ThmbUp:

Dave

soupman2
03-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Soupy,

There is just no accounting for taste.

:ThmbUp:

Dave

I kind of think it is like water seeking it's own level.

soup

Stillriledup
03-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Wow, i have to say i'm shocked that the winner of race 2 didnt come down. I would have bet a lot of money there would have been a DQ but you know, shows you what i know. :D

luisbe
03-31-2014, 10:07 PM
Wow, i have to say i'm shocked that the winner of race 2 didnt come down. I would have bet a lot of money there would have been a DQ but you know, shows you what i know. :D

They don't bring down Deshawn.

Stillriledup
03-31-2014, 10:36 PM
They don't bring down Deshawn.
They don't?

:rolleyes: