PDA

View Full Version : Dearth of Allowance races

jasperson
12-25-2013, 03:58 PM
It seems like there is a dearth of allowance races in the recent months. I down loaded 4 tracks for tomorrows races. The are aqu,gpx,lrl and tam and only lrl and gpx have one allowance race each. Even the cheap tracks used to have at least one allowance race on the card. What has happened lately?

Robert Goren
12-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Optional Claiming races are the Alw races.

andtheyreoff
12-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Simple. There's mostly allowance/optional claiming races, which means that if a horse doesn't fit the allowance conditions, they can run for the listed claiming tag. It's a way of combining the hard-to-fill upper-level allowances and high-priced claiming races.

Check out race 3 tomorrow at Aqueduct, for example:
For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Three Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Restricted Or Which Have Never Won Four Races Or Optional Claiming Price Of $100,000

That means that if a horse doesn't fit the n/w3x condition, they can be entered for the $100,000 claiming tag.

classhandicapper
12-25-2013, 09:03 PM
They even have Starter Allowance Optional Claimers now. I'm not sure if it's a class handicapper's nirvana or class handicapper's hell. I guess it depends on how hard you want to work to sort out and understand the pecking order at your track.

sammy the sage
12-25-2013, 10:10 PM
They even have Starter Allowance Optional Claimers now. I'm not sure if it's a class handicapper's nirvana or class handicapper's hell. I guess it depends on how hard you want to work to sort out and understand the pecking order at your track.

Don't matter...seen 5k claimer that couldn't win but put in a 15k allowance against MULTIPLE horses that have NEVER run that low and horses that have WON REGULARLY at 15....and THE cheap claimer...rolls home like 3/5 chalk :lol: :(

Redboard
12-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Don't matter...seen 5k claimer that couldn't win but put in a 15k allowance against MULTIPLE horses that have NEVER run that low and horses that have WON REGULARLY at 15....and THE cheap claimer...rolls home like 3/5 chalk :lol: :(

That's exactly why I don't play those tracks.

wisconsin
12-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Shoot, sometimes the cheap claimer is the 3/5 horse :confused: