PDA

View Full Version : The RaceTrack Computer II

Sparky13
12-25-2013, 07:17 AM
I recently picked up The RaceTrack Computer II handheld calculator, which was made in 1979. The instructions are on the back of the calculator, but are worn in spots. From what I can make out, the information is from the last 3 races from either the DRF or track program using the "Speed" rating. It talks about using the "Medium" rating of the last 3 races. Since there are no examples with this calculator, I am of the understanding that in this instance, "Medium" is referring to the middle race of the last 3. Am I correct? Have any of the handicappers on this forum used this devise from many years ago and what comments do you have about its' use. Thanks for your responses.

TexasDolly
12-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I recently picked up The RaceTrack Computer II handheld calculator, which was made in 1979. The instructions are on the back of the calculator, but are worn in spots. From what I can make out, the information is from the last 3 races from either the DRF or track program using the "Speed" rating. It talks about using the "Medium" rating of the last 3 races. Since there are no examples with this calculator, I am of the understanding that in this instance, "Medium" is referring to the middle race of the last 3. Am I correct? Have any of the handicappers on this forum used this devise from many years ago and what comments do you have about its' use. Thanks for your responses.
Sparky ,I wonder if the word is median ? If so, the race with the middle value would be the median when dealing with 3 races.
TD

Sparky13
12-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks Dolly for correcting my spelling. You are right. And thanks for helping. I just needed some assurance I was using the correct Speed Rating.

Pensacola Pete
12-25-2013, 03:21 PM
It was made in Hong Kong by a company called Starshine, and there were three versions of it. Each version had a different set of factors. They were all pretty basic. I doubt any of them would come close to 90% ROI.