PDA

View Full Version : Turf Paradise Bomb?

kingfin66
03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry if anyone thought the subject line was a terrorist warning. Hopefully not since I posted it in the secections section.

For some reason, I like the #9, Really No Saint, in the 5th at Turf Paradise. This is a race chock full '0 bottom rung claimers (4k, nw3l), many of whom are in bad form. My sleeper is one of those horses.

Really No Saint comes into this race off 2 very poor sprint efforts. Less than a year ago RNS ran a respectable race against open $6250 claimers at EmD, then went on a long layoff. My knowledge of horseracing tells me that a router coming off a long layoff in a sprint is going to have a rough time. My guess here is that those 2 sprints were used as preps for the routes that RNS will running this spring and summer.

I also like that he is coming right back after the 3/21/04 race, as though to keep his conditioning. If he can run back to last year's form, he should be right in the thick of things. One of these dogs has to win its 3rd lifetime, right?

This one calls for a modest $10WP.

Other TuP selections:

1/ #7, Mr. Gold Flight (to win)

5/ see above

9/ #3, Footloosanfancyfree (to win)

10/ #9, Adios Nonino (to win)

kingfin66
03-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Ten minutes to post, and so far is being bet down from 20/1 ML to 8/1. Should either run or finish way up the track.

kingfin66
03-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately, the latter scenario occurred. The horsey was way up the track...didn't run at all. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 0/2 on the day with 2 to go.

kingfin66
03-29-2004, 07:03 PM
I must be a genius for hitting the 1/5 favorite in the 9th at TuP. At least it was a $40 ticket. Ah, there's nothing like turning $2 into $2.60...lol.