PDA

View Full Version : LESSONS IN IRONY

dartman51
12-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Lesson #1 on Irony:

We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics.

BUT, on the other hand.....We are also ENCOURAGED to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Lesson #2 on Irony:

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing, this year, the greatest amount of free meals and Food Stamps ever, to 47 million people as of the most recent figures available in 2013.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed The Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

That ends today's two lessons in irony. :ThmbUp:

woodtoo
12-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Thank you and have a Merry Christmas.

Tom
12-24-2013, 07:29 PM
That was pretty good, and pretty spot on, too. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
12-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Great stuff Darty. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2013, 07:50 PM
mostpost will be here in a few minutes to set you guys (he'll call you idiots) straight...

FantasticDan
12-24-2013, 08:33 PM
A guy comes on here on Christmas Eve, and basically calls food assistance programs "feeding the animals", and we shouldn't do it.

Then the board owner comes on, and instead of criticizing the above horseshit, he takes a shot at someone who hasn't even posted in the expectation that they might have a problem with the aforementioned horseshit.

You guys are some sick f---ing grinches. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2013, 09:19 PM
A guy comes on here on Christmas Eve, and basically calls food assistance programs "feeding the animals", and we shouldn't do it.

Then the board owner comes on, and instead of criticizing the above horseshit, he takes a shot at someone who hasn't even posted in the expectation that they might have a problem with the aforementioned horseshit.

You guys are some sick f---ing grinches. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:Yeah, we're sick alright. Thanks for your awesome contribution.

And Merry Christmas to you too.

banacek
12-24-2013, 09:33 PM
"Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."

Calvin Coolidge

cj's dad
12-24-2013, 10:10 PM
mostpost will be here in a few minutes to set you guys (he'll call you idiots) straight...

Apparently, the Govn't site for preselected web site replies to left bullshit is shut down for the holidays, Normally MP would key an entry as to how to reply to this and it would post here at PA in 5-10 minutes, I am convinced he ia a paid respondent for the DNC; no one can come up with the info he posts in that short of a time frame. Can you say "PLANT"???

Robert Goren
12-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Lesson #1 on Irony:

BUT, on the other hand.....We are also ENCOURAGED to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Lesson #2 on Irony:

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing, this year, the greatest amount of free meals and Food Stamps ever, to 47 million people as of the most recent figures available in 2013.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed The Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

That ends today's two lessons in irony. :ThmbUp:Nobody is judging gun owners by the actions of a few loonies. What people are trying to do is keep the loonies from killing people. A gun is the easy way for a loony to kill another human being although not the only way. And I thought everybody knew that.
The National Park Service tells people not to feed the animals both for the safety of the animal and the person feeding it. It has nothing to do with dependence. You really should get better sources.

Boris
12-24-2013, 10:49 PM
It has nothing to do with dependence.

http://www.nps.gov/maca/parknews/do-not-feed-wildlife.htm

It interferes with an animal's ability to forage for its own food. Animals can become dependent on humans.

davew
12-24-2013, 11:01 PM
http://www.nps.gov/maca/parknews/do-not-feed-wildlife.htm

It interferes with an animal's ability to forage for its own food. Animals can become dependent on humans.

Peta feels it is too dangerous for animals to get food for themselves, therefore we should all supply it (cost effectiveness and shortage of money should not be an object - if the population grows to the point of unsustainability, we are just not trying hard enough and we can hire some more people to help).

mostpost
12-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Apparently, the Govn't site for preselected web site replies to left bullshit is shut down for the holidays, Normally MP would key an entry as to how to reply to this and it would post here at PA in 5-10 minutes, I am convinced he ia a paid respondent for the DNC; no one can come up with the info he posts in that short of a time frame. Can you say "PLANT"???
Yet I do it all the time. It doesn't take a genius to outwit you guys. I'm not paid by anybody. I don't work for the DNC. I have never even volunteered to stuff envelopes for the local candidates. I am also not even close to being the most efficient at posting replies. Hcap and Capper Al are as good or better on my side and JHS and ET are excellent on the more conservative side.

NJ Stinks
12-24-2013, 11:35 PM

You guys are some sick f---ing grinches. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Aside from slipping in the f word (Christmas Eve and all)....I like your style, Dan. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Clocker
12-25-2013, 12:08 AM
You guys are some sick f---ing grinches.

It may not be too late to ask Santa for a sense of humor. :p

Tom
12-25-2013, 01:46 PM

As usual, you lefties totally miss the point. He was not saying that at all, he was criticizing the fact that it is a terrible thing that so many people have to be on assistance. It is nothing short of failure. The celebration should come when people GET OFF of the dole - believe it or not, being able to take care
of yourself is a good thing.

Question - there was a multi-car pile up in Columbus(?) yesterday.....do you with more people had been involved so that more people could get new cars?
Cause I don't see a difference.

Please, don't offer me any New Years cheer...I can't afford it.

HUSKER55
12-25-2013, 02:26 PM
It may not be too late to ask Santa for a sense of humor. :p

HO HO HO

Santa has a sack full of toys for NJS. 2 balls and a bat! :p

redshift1
12-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Lesson #1 on Irony:

Lesson #2 on Irony:

That ends today's two lessons in irony. :ThmbUp:

No attribution to original author. " A" for spelling and grammar, "INC" for originality.

Tom
12-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Nobody is judging gun owners by the actions of a few loonies. What people are trying to do is keep the loonies from killing people. A gun is the easy way for a loony to kill another human being although not the only way. And I thought everybody knew that.
The National Park Service tells people not to feed the animals both for the safety of the animal and the person feeding it. It has nothing to do with dependence. You really should get better sources.

Nicely played - three strike in one post.
Yer OUT! :D

BlueShoe
12-26-2013, 12:02 PM
How about if we feed the leeches that get on the food stamp program to the animals in the national parks that we are not supposed to feed? :rolleyes:

hcap
12-26-2013, 12:24 PM
How about if we feed the leeches that get on the food stamp program to the animals in the national parks that we are not supposed to feed? :rolleyes:76% of SNAP households included a child, an elderly person, or a disabled person. These vulnerable households receive 83% of all SNAP benefits.[i] So the question of course is how do we zero in on those leeches? Fraud should be eliminated, but it stands right now as a small percentage of gross monies spent.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3239

SNAP Payment Error Rates at All-Time Lows

SNAP has one of the most rigorous payment error measurement systems of any public benefit program. Each year states pull a representative sample (totaling about 50,000 cases nationally) and thoroughly review the accuracy of their eligibility and benefit decisions. Federal officials re-review a subsample of the cases to ensure accuracy in the error rates. States are subject to fiscal penalties if their error rates are persistently higher than the national average.

Efforts to Curb Other SNAP Abuses Are Extensive and Effective

USDA has cut “trafficking” — the sale of SNAP benefits for cash, which violates federal law — by three-quarters over the past 15 years. Only 1 percent, or $1 in every $100 of SNAP benefits, is trafficked. USDA has also permanently disqualified thousands of retail stores from the program for not following federal requirements. In fiscal year 2012, USDA’s retailer fraud investigations resulted in 342 convictions and $57.7 million in recoveries. When cases of SNAP fraud are reported in the news, it is because the offenders have been caught, evidence that states and USDA are aggressively combating fraud.

dartman51
12-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Nobody is judging gun owners by the actions of a few loonies. What people are trying to do is keep the loonies from killing people. A gun is the easy way for a loony to kill another human being although not the only way. And I thought everybody knew that.

And you should really grow up, and quit trying to dispute things that you know nothing about. I've heard this about the animals, all my life, it's really nothing new. Damn, Bobby, do some research. :kiss:

http://www.nps.gov/grca/naturescience/animals.htm

From the article:
Wildlife can become dependent upon handouts and lose their ability to hunt and forage.

Such animals lose their fear of humans. They can become aggressive and bite, kick, or gore. Many are struck by cars while searching for handouts. Help us keep wildlife wild. Never feed or approach wildlife.

LottaKash
12-26-2013, 05:58 PM
"The animals (handout recipients) will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

. :ThmbUp:

That is the message I received by your post DM....Nice analogy, imo....