PDA

View Full Version : Xmas day NBA

Valuist
12-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Isn't it great we can see the 10-16 Bulls play the 9-18 Nets on a national stage? I'm sure that one will disrupt family get-togethers. :rolleyes:

Lebron is upset the league is making them wear sleeved jerseys for the Xmas day; he claims the Heat shooters want no part of the new jerseys.

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=351119

Under time?

wiffleball whizz
12-24-2013, 05:03 PM
The one day a year I "glance" at the nba

Stillriledup
12-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Golden State is terrible these days, but they'll be fired up in this game. Let me have LAC at plus money here, Clippers playing better than GS at the moment.
Also, small flyer on the Lakers.

cj's dad
12-24-2013, 09:54 PM
I believe there are 5 games starting at !@ EST and continuing at 10:30 (start time) Est. What a joke !!

Robert Goren
12-24-2013, 10:25 PM
No football and no racing.:mad: :bang: My family is not in town this year.:( What else is there to do? :confused: It is matter of how much NBA I can take. :sleeping:

Bettowin
12-24-2013, 10:56 PM
There is a definite bias to under on Christmas. I would say to for sure hit it on the early game. This is like a late season early Sunday game.

Bettowin
12-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Chi/Bkn playing some real uninspiring ball right now. Under 187 looking good.

Stillriledup
12-25-2013, 03:26 PM
"Soft" Carmelo on the bench in a suit. Nice.

cj
12-25-2013, 03:42 PM
"Soft" Carmelo on the bench in a suit. Nice.

He seems to miss a lot of games against OKC.

Stillriledup
12-25-2013, 04:59 PM
He seems to miss a lot of games against OKC.

:D

He's a great scorer with no heart and he's not a team player, totally overrated as a "Great" player for sure.

cj's dad
12-25-2013, 08:52 PM
The first 2 games stunk up the joint;the NBA is a joke. Boring :sleeping:

And I am only watching because I am bored senseless.

cj
12-25-2013, 09:29 PM
The first 2 games stunk up the joint;the NBA is a joke. Boring :sleeping:

And I am only watching because I am bored senseless.

I find even the worse NBA game better than any baseball game ever.

Bettowin
12-25-2013, 09:54 PM

Now those are fightin words. Lucky I'm not in the mood:)

Valuist
12-26-2013, 10:04 AM
There is a definite bias to under on Christmas. I would say to for sure hit it on the early game. This is like a late season early Sunday game.

Absolutely. Some handicapper somewhere, maybe Fezzik, did a study recently about Xmas day and T-Giving day games and said there was not only an under bias, but road teams are advantaged. The home teams have family and parties and other obligations to distract them, while the road teams can just concentrate on the game. Road teams 4-1 straight up and 4-1 ATS yesterday. 3 unders 2 overs yesterday although the Golden State game only went over by a single point.

BlueShoe
12-26-2013, 10:20 AM
A different thought here, but Imo all profesional sports should take a two day Christmas break. No games on Dec. 24 or Dec. 25. If even horse racing goes dark for these two days, surely pro sports can do so as well. Let the athletes and coaches spend the time at home with their families, and then come back on the 26th well rested and ready to go with a full slate of games.

horses4courses
12-26-2013, 10:25 AM

To each their own.
I'd rather stare at a concrete wall for a couple of hours than watch basketball.
Have loved baseball since childhood.

horses4courses
12-26-2013, 10:28 AM
A different thought here, but Imo all profesional sports should take a two day Christmas break. No games on Dec. 24 or Dec. 25. If even horse racing goes dark for these two days, surely pro sports can do so as well. Let the athletes and coaches spend the time at home with their families, and then come back on the 26th well rested and ready to go with a full slate of games.

Can't disagree with you.

One problem, though.
Television revenue - they're the only game in town over Xmas - to watch and to bet on. :ThmbDown:

cj
12-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Can't disagree with you.

One problem, though.
Television revenue - they're the only game in town over Xmas - to watch and to bet on. :ThmbDown:

Does the NBA cut back when the NFL plays on Christmas? I'm sure I remember Christmas day football, but can't remember specifics.

Relwob Owner
12-26-2013, 12:57 PM

Could not agree more. You are lucky to live where you do and where you can see such a good team on a regular basis. With Lamb and Jackson constantly getting better, Ibaka playing the way he is, and Durant and Westbrook doing their thing, you guys look pretty tough.