PDA

View Full Version : Company Christmas Party

PhantomOnTour
12-23-2013, 02:37 AM
And a service industry one at that - always interesting.
Anyone on this site who has ever attended a restaurant Christmas party (like Idiatone I am sure) knows that they are second to none.

Tonight was no exception - Village Café knows how to get down, and tomorrow I will have the hangover to prove it.
Damn I'm shitty right now...

anyone have some wild company xmas party stories they would like to share?
you first...

Dave Schwartz
12-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Who remembers?
:lol:

Grits
12-23-2013, 08:01 AM
POT won't be awake, quite likely, before 4 pm. :lol:

ldiatone
12-23-2013, 10:42 AM
And a service industry one at that - always interesting.
Anyone on this site who has ever attended a restaurant Christmas party (like Idiatone I am sure) knows that they are second to none.

Tonight was no exception - Village Café knows how to get down, and tomorrow I will have the hangover to prove it.
Damn I'm shitty right now...

anyone have some wild company xmas party stories they would like to share?
you first...
TRUE :) :jump: have gone to a few of these!

PhantomOnTour
12-23-2013, 12:05 PM
"Up and atom !"
-McBain

Okay - i will go first.
People who work in my industry tend to date/marry other folk who work in the industry (who the hell else wants to be picked up for a date at 1am?).
So.....these parties tend to be 95% service industry people, who work very hard and party even harder.

Grill cook (lets call him JD) is your typical scary looking, neck tattooed, ear plugged, six footed 250 pounder...who happens to be an incredibly kind man.
He was our DJ last night (yes, JD was the DJ)...who knew he had an extensive knowledge of techno dance crap? Surely not me...he is the type of dude that makes you realize that your preconceived notions of guys with neck tats were all wrong.

I'll single out two of my servers (cuz they were the drunkest)...lets call them Jessie and Liza Lu.
Jessie is one of those super sharp, hyper logical* folks who seem a bit too smart to work in this industry :D ...she obviously doesn't drink much, except for last night.
Poor LizaLu - she is our newest employee (she has worked for me before at another house) and she made her party debut last night. As Tom and Huck would say, "it t'warent pretty"

Long story short - LizaLu got to know JD pretty well (damn kitchen guys always steal the ladies :D ), and Jessie met a fellow named Jameson who ruined her night.
I had to police my under age bussers and hostesses to make sure they weren't drinking. By "police" i mean i was slapping cups of Jameson's outta their hands.
Needless to say, we had some folks that needed tending to - so we tended and got them all home safely....then the survivors went to the after party...hello! This is often better than the first party. People are well sauced by then, and we are away from the workplace (thus ending any and all of my authority) so they tend to really cut loose, with body and tongue.

All in all it was a good night - no casualties - no one lost their job or their life, thank goodness for small miracles.
Your turn...

*hyper logical - that super smart person that cannot laugh at a joke because some minor factual/historical error in the telling of that joke has rendered it useless...they always point out this error, thus killing the funny.

Grits
12-23-2013, 12:14 PM
POT, good morning.... You've made me laugh out loud. You're a seasoned pro. Glad you and all your staff had a fine night. And, all lived to wake to Christmas Eve's Eve. (Though Liza Lu and Jessie may still be "resting.") :lol:

PhantomOnTour
12-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Had that company Christmas Party last night.
We got wise and invited the neighbors as a sort of pre-emptive apology and peace offering.
It worked, and God bless them, esp Doug and Debra, who get the worst of it.

Debra gave a small speech:
"My bedroom window is right above where y'all hang out outside. I know who's doing who and who wants to f**k up who" :lol:

No saucy details this year, but I left at about 1:30am and we still had ladies dancing on the bar...fuggedaboutit!

Drank one full bottle of Oregogne Pinot Noir (the name is a play on Bourgogne...it's from the Willamette Valley) ; an excellent wine at a moderate price. Made by Andre Mack, former somm at the French Laundry in Yountville,CA.....recognized as the best restaurant in America.

JustRalph
12-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Did one last night.

First time without alcohol in years. More for the employees families and their kids. It went very well. Santa was a big hit........but it was boring :lol: