PDA

View Full Version : Mean Season

cj
12-22-2013, 05:21 PM
No thread about this guy yet? He was ultra impressive yet again today!

outofthebox
12-22-2013, 06:06 PM
No thread about this guy yet? He was ultra impressive yet again today!Those were some pretty impressive pace numbers he put up in his mdn win at Laurel..I wonder how much the new connections had to shell out for him off that score. Another canter in the park today..Question is will he stay with the Mott barn at Aqueduct, or head to Florida?

Stillriledup
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah, that was something. Looked like a glorified workout. Sky's the limit.

classhandicapper
12-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Question is will he stay with the Mott barn at Aqueduct, or head to Florida?

IMO he'll dominate winter ALW and overnight stakes horses on the Aqu Inner. There will probably be a couple of solid winter stakes with Palace and Strapping Groom on the grounds, but I'd like to see him get tested by another quality speed horse and then try to hold off a quality closer. He'll probably have to head to Florida for that kind of test (or come back on a few days race in the Malibu at SA). Where's Dutrow when you need him. :-)

Saratoga_Mike
12-23-2013, 10:52 AM
What figure did he run yesterday? Was there any report on what the new connections paid for him?

cj
12-23-2013, 11:06 AM
What figure did he run yesterday? Was there any report on what the new connections paid for him?

No idea on the price.

These are the figures I have for his two races:

Trk Fur Sur 2F 4F 6F Fin PF
AQU 6.00 d 110 120 X 117 119
LRL 8.00 D 133 129 120 96 105

johnhannibalsmith
12-23-2013, 11:46 AM

It looks as though he was bought at Keeneland November for $150k. The debut for Corrales was September so the auction price listed in the PPs appear to me to be the price paid by the current owner after the maiden win.

cj
12-23-2013, 11:48 AM
It looks as though he was bought at Keeneland November for $150k. The debut for Corrales was September so the auction price listed in the PPs appear to me to be the price paid by the current owner after the maiden win.

Seems like a bargain. Obviously had some issues, but still.

Saratoga_Mike
12-23-2013, 11:52 AM

Thanks - I agree with CJ's comment (attractive price).

nijinski
12-23-2013, 06:48 PM

He was part of Frank Stronach's 10 dollar a share offering and it was agreed he would be sold in November . He was owned under the name of Ginger
Punch Corp .

Stillriledup
04-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Mean Machine racing in a few mins at Aq in the 5th.

Lone speed? ;)

Tom
04-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Gonna change your name to "Google."

Stillriledup
04-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Gonna change your name to "Google."

sorry about the lone speed comment, i was just joking. ;)

outofthebox
09-13-2016, 04:26 PM
For any Mean Season fans out there. He has been retired, and is here in Carencro, La. He is sound and will start breeding in 2017. Not sure what kind of reception he will get here in cajun country. Not many people around here follow racing nationally. At least he is safe and sound, and not finding his way down the claiming ranks. He did throw some wicked figs early on.....

classhandicapper
09-13-2016, 04:28 PM
For any Mean Season fans out there. He has been retired, and is here in Carencro, La. He is sound and will start breeding in 2017. Not sure what kind of reception he will get here in cajun country. Not many people around here follow racing nationally. At least he is safe and sound, and not finding his way down the claiming ranks. He did throw some wicked figs early on.....

Great news. Best of luck to him.

EMD4ME
09-13-2016, 05:35 PM

I hope he has a mean mating season and more importantly a MEAN RETIREMENT SEASON.

Love to hear about our children being taken care of!