PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Using E Ponies Numbers?

Flysofree
12-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Say they have a new function now that gives value odds.

tanner12oz
12-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I would look at it here and there....they use ml odds for the overall rating which imo is dumb

duncan04
12-23-2013, 04:05 PM
I would look at it here and there....they use ml odds for the overall rating which imo is dumb

No they don't. Not sure how you came up with this statement :confused:

tanner12oz
12-23-2013, 05:20 PM
No they don't. Not sure how you came up with this statement :confused:

Definitions: Speed - ability to break on or near the lead. Class - quality of competition faced. Form - ability to finish in the money consistently. Last - recent form over last 50 days. Conn - Connections. Trainer and jockey stats, current meet. Line - bonus points based on morning line odds. J - jockey change. Eq - Equipment change. W - weight differential from last start

tanner12oz
12-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Its a factor not the sole basis...probably wasn't clear enough

duncan04
12-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Its a factor not the sole basis...probably wasn't clear enough

Sorry I misunderstood.

dylbert
12-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Former e-ponies subscriber here. It was $5 per month years ago. Occasionally it would produce value play for me. Speed figure proved most useful. Mostly generates chalk in top 3.

Best angle for me was top 2 speed horses over top 3 when odds exceed 5-1 for all 3 horses. When price increased to $10 per month I discontinued my subscription. e-ponies used to offer several free tracks each day. Now, many 'free' tracks are blacked out and you are encouraged to purchase $30 per month subscription.

I have looked at odds line. I would assume that proprietor is deriving these odds from his ratings. Has anyone compared with actual odds?

Again, nice $5 product that seems overpriced as $30 one today. It ain't former Pace Figures that I missed dearly & daily...

tanner12oz
12-23-2013, 07:57 PM
I mainly looked at the mountain because it was the only place to get any free insight..they discontinued free.mnr so I rarely look