PDA

View Full Version : Windows Update problem

traynor
12-21-2013, 08:05 PM
I know--no one should allow Microsoft access to his or her computer. After months of haranguing and whining I finally clicked the Windows Update link and something went totally haywire. The updates installed (theoretically) but now when I try to save files as text files, various tagged material is included (JavaScript, lots of peripheral material that is not usually included in text saves).

It is not IE--the same thing happens in Firefox.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? I am running Windows 7 Professional, IE 9, and whatever the latest version of FireFox is. Downloads using another computer (that--fortunately--I never let Microsoft Updates near) all work fine, same as always. The problem is definitely related to the latest Windows Update (updated today).

JustRalph
12-21-2013, 08:26 PM
you can uninstall many updates. Go into your programs and start uninstalling the latest ones..........

try to describe your problem with a little more info.... I have no real idea what is happening...........

traynor
12-22-2013, 01:23 PM
you can uninstall many updates. Go into your programs and start uninstalling the latest ones..........

try to describe your problem with a little more info.... I have no real idea what is happening...........

Thanks. I did a system restore and rolled it back to the point before installing the latest (absolutely critical, your-computer-will-not-run-without-them meddling from Redmond--including carte blanche in the fine print to do whatever they deem "necessary" for me) "updates." That solved the problem.