PDA

View Full Version : DRF All-Access Package for Santa Anita

Clocker
12-21-2013, 11:40 AM
DRF usually offers a package like this when a track opens for a new season. Anyone bought one in the past? The package includes 40 PPs, a player's guide with stats and information about the track, and the weekly DRF "Game Plan" for the track. The latter is apparently a weekly analysis of races. Any experience with previous player guides or with the Game Plan?

The price is $99.95 for Classic PP package or $119.95 for Formulator. I use Bris PPs, mainly because of the price and because I don't see any added value in DRF classic PPs. I have never used Formulator. Anyone use them? How much better are they than the classic?

I also hate the DRF web site. It's like dealing with a high-pressure used car salesman who is constantly trying to get you to buy.

ikeika
12-21-2013, 11:45 AM
If you get Formulator you get the classic. I have settings that display the Form a little differently, so I make a PDF off of Formulator itself.

Tara73
12-21-2013, 11:58 PM
DRF Past Performances have accurate speed figures. The Beyers can't compare to the computer generated figures of Bris. At least for the extra money you're getting more reliable speed ratings.

letswastemoney
12-22-2013, 01:19 AM
DRF Past Performances have accurate speed figures. The Beyers can't compare to the computer generated figures of Bris. At least for the extra money you're getting more reliable speed ratings.
I would dispute that.

For example, I don't think the Beyer for Itsmyluckyday's Gulfstream Park Derby win was really a "95." Of course, they downgraded it for no reason, and so the public let Itsmyluckyday go off around 5/1 in the Holy Bull because they didn't realize he had the true high speed figure which was above 100.

After Itsmyluckyday won the Holy Bull, the Beyer for the GP Derby was magically upgraded above 100.

letswastemoney
12-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Another problem I see with Beyers: when they "upgrade" a deep closer for overcoming a poor pace scenario, the horses that benefited up front get the upgrade too!

Redboard
12-22-2013, 10:27 AM
If that's the only track you are going to play, then it's worth it. However if you are going to play other tracks along with Santa Anita, you'd be better off getting the unlimited subscription, for $129 per month, which is what I do.

I still get the DRF formulator versions occasionally. The biggest difference is that it includes the Moss Pace figures(MPF), which are helpful. If, for example, a horse has the highest MPF of anyone in the race, that telling you that he'll kick butt in the stretch. The maddening thing is that these MPFs are not included for every horse's past races. They will have it for the big races such as graded stakes.

Some of my friends swear by the Bris PPs and I believe they have pace figures for every race. I don't use these so maybe someone else can say whether this is true. I've become so used to the DRF it would be hard to switch.

therussmeister
12-22-2013, 12:41 PM
BRIS has pace figures for every race longer than 5 furlongs, even races where there are no fractional times taken. :eek: I too was reluctant to switch due to being used to DRF, but it only took me a few days to feel comfortable with BRIS. I switched to make use of their custom PP generator.

Tara73
12-23-2013, 09:17 PM
But can anyone here be comfortable accepting the Bris speed ratings? Can anyone make a case that Bris speed figures are superior to the Beyers in the Form? I don't always use the Sheets unless I'm attending the track. But when I'm playing from home I use DRF Beyers. A big part of my game is looking at form cycles so I can project regression. It can be the foundation for beating the chalk.