PDA

View Full Version : For those who think about ways to improve the game

DeltaLover
12-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Those who think about ways to improve the game can find some interesting ideas in the following video:

k56AdxcPoMc

I have found the following slide very interesting:
0:29:18
as the disussion that starts at:
0:31:44

IMHO the approaches discussed here are way more inovating and interesting that adding a new (hopeless) gimmick every season.

CincyHorseplayer
12-20-2013, 04:50 AM
I didn't watch the video but was thinking the other day about ways we all could improve the game and work with the track providing ourselves as hosts/handicapping guides for a day for new player groups.Sharing an odds and betting philosophy and even record keeping to illustrate that,to show that extracting money from this game is a realistic goal.I would love to do this.

riskman
12-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Started to listen to the video but had trouble understanding(speech)on my small tablet. Will give it another shot on my larger system to see if the sound is clearer.
No doubt will get something out of this.

dkithore
12-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Delta, thanks for information. Very useful.

raybo
12-20-2013, 12:42 PM
I didn't watch the video but was thinking the other day about ways we all could improve the game and work with the track providing ourselves as hosts/handicapping guides for a day for new player groups.Sharing an odds and betting philosophy and even record keeping to illustrate that,to show that extracting money from this game is a realistic goal.I would love to do this.

Rod,

Why wait until some track invites you to do that for a day. Get something like the free BB FlashBack Express Recorder, record a video or 10 and put them on YouTube, or anywhere that newbies are likely to hang out. You can show screenshots as examples, etc..

So, now you have no excuse, get out there and do it man! :)

heck I think you can even record what your cam sees, at the same time, so you could point that thing at your ugly mug so viewers could see who they're listening to. :eek:

Hoofless_Wonder
12-20-2013, 07:18 PM
The Aussies and Brits have a big edge on the road to becoming a winning player - the U.S. wagering options almost guarantee the smaller player is a "sucker" with huge takeouts, and not being able to shop around with a non-parimutuel option like Betfair just sucks too. Maybe, just maybe, the controlling interests will figure it out one day that a huge increase in handle can be had with fairer takeouts.

It'll also be nice when sports wagering is legalized in the U.S. - much easier game to beat....

CincyHorseplayer
12-21-2013, 12:44 AM
Rod,

Why wait until some track invites you to do that for a day. Get something like the free BB FlashBack Express Recorder, record a video or 10 and put them on YouTube, or anywhere that newbies are likely to hang out. You can show screenshots as examples, etc..

So, now you have no excuse, get out there and do it man! :)

heck I think you can even record what your cam sees, at the same time, so you could point that thing at your ugly mug so viewers could see who they're listening to. :eek:

Hey,you have talked to me enough to know I am capable of spreading the enthusiasm.I am on track guy too,so it is natural to connect these dots!I wasted so many years thinking just tallying up a couple grand was winning til I got on here and realized if you don't make 100k or better you are a f**kin as$hole!

I can make some K but not millions.I'd love to devote my time to showing people how.It's doable.They need to see it in this state.

CryingForTheHorses
12-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Fastest way to improve this game.Get rid of the juicers!!

Longshot6977
12-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Started to listen to the video but had trouble understanding(speech)on my small tablet. Will give it another shot on my larger system to see if the sound is clearer.
No doubt will get something out of this.

Believe me, it's no different on a desktop PC. The accent is horrendous making the video almost unwatchable/unlistenable. Maybe try mute:D .

I realize some posters may flame me for this, but it's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.