PDA

View Full Version : Brian Boitano, figure skating champion, says he's gay

tucker6
12-19-2013, 02:37 PM
File this under the sun is hot, war in the middle east headlines. I honestly thought he had come out 25 years ago when he last skated. It was pretty obvious then.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/10166036/figure-skating-champ-brian-boitano-says-gay

I guess the real question is why do gays have to announce that they are gay? They say they are no different that heteros and want equal treatment, yet find the need to tell me over and over again that they're gay. :confused: Straight people don't do that. Hint to gays: Until you act like being gay is no big deal, then it'll be treated as a big deal.

And before the libs bash me, I'm not against gays and their rights. I just find it odd that gays feel the need to do this sort of stuff.

Tom
12-19-2013, 02:47 PM
I am straight.
There, that is a load off my mind.
Maybe I should get more off.....

I am Spartacus!

Wow, serendipity, baby!

tucker6
12-19-2013, 03:08 PM
I am straight.
There, that is a load off my mind.
Maybe I should get more off.....

I am Spartacus!

Wow, serendipity, baby!
So you wear a loin cloth too? That's too much information for me in one day. First Boitano. Now Tom.

FantasticDan
12-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Straight and Spartacus don't go together so well.. :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qyhZ9_eXCHM/SylIb3rb8CI/AAAAAAAAD4M/2jvkzeRmzvo/s400/spartacus-snailsoysters.jpg
http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/spartacus-international-gay-guide-2013-2014.jpg

Tom
12-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I gotta get out more!

TJDave
12-19-2013, 03:26 PM
We now have the answer.

chrisl
12-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Who really cares? If some has been wants to get back in the headlines all they have to do is say I am gay and they get applauded like it has value. If you want to get humiliated, all you have to say is "I really don't care".

JustRalph
12-19-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm shocked!

Stillriledup
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM
File this under the sun is hot, war in the middle east headlines. I honestly thought he had come out 25 years ago when he last skated. It was pretty obvious then.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/10166036/figure-skating-champ-brian-boitano-says-gay

I guess the real question is why do gays have to announce that they are gay? They say they are no different that heteros and want equal treatment, yet find the need to tell me over and over again that they're gay. :confused: Straight people don't do that. Hint to gays: Until you act like being gay is no big deal, then it'll be treated as a big deal.

And before the libs bash me, I'm not against gays and their rights. I just find it odd that gays feel the need to do this sort of stuff.

I agree, nobody needs to know what people do behind closed doors, that's their business.

tucker6
12-19-2013, 06:48 PM
I agree, nobody needs to know what people do behind closed doors, that's their business.
except that we now know what Tom does behind closed doors. You go Sparty. :D

_______
12-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Not to pile on but I have to ask the question:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVY0Hy-D7XE

Ocala Mike
12-19-2013, 07:45 PM
except that we now know what Tom does behind closed doors. You go Sparty. :D

I knew there was something queer-looking about that monkey of his!

jballscalls
12-19-2013, 07:51 PM

totally agree.

but it's what happens with open doors where it's the issue. Being gay, just like being straight isn't all about sex. Any relationship consists of doing things out in public together, shopping, movies etc.

Oftentimes same sex couples will not hold hands with their partner for fear of being snickered at, made fun of or just stared at. They might be refused services at some businesses and a variety of other things that straight couples don't have to worry about.

Plus I think that some people might just want to be honest and not be closeted. I mean Anderson Cooper seemed fine being out in his personal life but was drug out of the closet by people asking, accusing, writing etc. And maybe some people want to say this is me, I'm different than you.

Just repeating what I've heard gay family members and friends say their experiences have been.

classhandicapper
12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
And in other news, water is wet. :rolleyes:

jballscalls
12-19-2013, 07:55 PM

I think the rule of thumb tucker, because of a large majority of us being straight, most people are presumed straight until proven otherwise. It's just assumed.

And not everyone is telling you over and over again they're gay. A few celebrities are. Most people come out to friends and family when they're comfortable and then move on to life.

I'm most tired of people on Facebook posting annoying pictures of their kids, now that's something I want to know why it's being announced 20 times a day!